Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9464541 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9885 on: August 14, 2010, 05:20:34 pm »

I dunno about real life, but I'd like to believe that it isn't like Shutter Island. :-\
Also often called Boowells.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9886 on: August 14, 2010, 05:32:24 pm »

I briefly entertained the idea of making a "Reasons I hate my Mom and she's the sole contributor of all the problems in my life" list, but I preemptively deemed it too offensive to allow it to spring into existence.

Still.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: August 14, 2010, 05:35:02 pm »

Nah. He's screwed. The minute you go to one of those places you're as good as crazy. The best you can hope for is to get some kind of joint settlement for your medication eventually and not end up in a home you get stabbed in.
You are so optimistic.

I dunno, I saw it as humourous sarcasm.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9888 on: August 14, 2010, 05:36:13 pm »

Medication is fun, is what I say.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9889 on: August 14, 2010, 05:40:16 pm »

Also, I am sad because macintosh computer. My laptop is not with me. Pardon my spelling.
I am sad for you. No one should have to use a mac.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9890 on: August 14, 2010, 05:46:14 pm »

Also, I am sad because macintosh computer. My laptop is not with me. Pardon my spelling.
I am sad for you. No one should have to use a mac.

I had an OLD mac for awhile.
As in, PowerPC G4 running 10.3.9 and impossible to upgrade.
I couldn't do much of anything with it.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9891 on: August 14, 2010, 09:45:13 pm »

The Cradle... I have been reminded of it... AUGH!!!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9892 on: August 14, 2010, 09:47:58 pm »

The Cradle... I have been reminded of it... AUGH!!!

"I didn't want to have my picture taken, but I was too scared to say no. I guess I did it right, because he said I sat nice and still."

*knock* *knock* *knock* *knock*
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9893 on: August 14, 2010, 09:57:45 pm »

Oh god, I went into my shed today, and it's just the most evil and foul place ever. Somehow, the air is perpetually stagnant, even if the door is kept open. It always smells as though it's currently being fumigated, and there are ohgod I don't know number of chemicals always hanging in the air. There is no semblance of order or reason, everything is haphazardly stacked ontop of everything else, and extracting anything is a goddamn challenge that requires moving several hundred pounds of shit that just-so-happen to be entangled with what you want or in the way somehow. There are bugs and spiders everywhere, as just opening the door causes them all to recoil from the light, and you can visibly see them stampede back into the safety of the darkness in throngs.

I was tasked with getting a cooler out from the shed, and I was only in there for no more than 30 seconds, and my lungs still hurt five hours later from breathing whatever fucking shitty air and chemicals that are suffocating everything else in that god-forsaken hellhole.

(As an aside, I'm glad that FireFox spell check recognizes 'hellhole' as a word.)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9894 on: August 14, 2010, 10:20:34 pm »

related to spellcheck in previous post:
Google Docs doesn't think millenia is a word. Oi.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9895 on: August 14, 2010, 10:22:05 pm »

How the FUCK do I do a tax return!?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9896 on: August 14, 2010, 10:23:48 pm »

type 'Tax' and hit the Return key.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9897 on: August 14, 2010, 10:24:31 pm »

I don't think keyboards are made with a return key anymore, all mine have enter instead.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9898 on: August 14, 2010, 10:27:13 pm »

don't ruin the joke.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9899 on: August 14, 2010, 10:28:55 pm »

Serious answer: No one will ever tell you.  It's a magic secret of adulthood.  Your best bet is to use one of those online-filing places, and don't say you qualify or fit any category that you don't absolutely know you do, or even those ones, and just hope you don't do anything wrong.  Because if you do, the IRS will send Alan Greenspan to your house to fuck you with a power dremel.  It's in the Constitution.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 8167