Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9464655 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9870 on: August 14, 2010, 01:37:07 pm »

I just sneezed at the same time I coughed auuuugh

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9871 on: August 14, 2010, 01:41:41 pm »

I just found out the hard way that getting stomped on by Pooh Black (aka Ghost of Balrog) does twenty fucking damage.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: August 14, 2010, 01:44:12 pm »

Argh, I'm still playing Temple of Elemental Evil.  This game violates some unwritten rules about DMing, like "Don't coup de grace PCs when the rest of the party is still up and fighting."
I've always wanted to try that game, but for some reason I can't even get the demo to run.
Love, scriver~

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: August 14, 2010, 01:45:05 pm »

I just found out the hard way that getting stomped on by Pooh Black (aka Ghost of Balrog) does twenty fucking damage.
You think he's bad? Wait til you see hell...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: August 14, 2010, 01:46:58 pm »

Been there. Saw the spikes. Got killed in a similar manner by the giant laser-armed heavy press.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: August 14, 2010, 01:51:12 pm »

Been there. Saw the spikes. Got killed in a similar manner by the giant laser-armed heavy press.
What about the thing AFTER the press?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: August 14, 2010, 01:52:12 pm »

Argh, I'm still playing Temple of Elemental Evil.  This game violates some unwritten rules about DMing, like "Don't coup de grace PCs when the rest of the party is still up and fighting."
I've always wanted to try that game, but for some reason I can't even get the demo to run.

Oooh, I'm going to have to check that game out. Tim Cain is one of my favorite Game Developers... guy used to work with Interplay, and did Fallout. He is also credited with an awesome pumpkin chocolate-chip muffin recipe that's hidden in the credits to Stonekeep. Best reward I've ever gotten for finishing a video game.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: August 14, 2010, 01:53:08 pm »

What about the thing AFTER the press?

I said fuck it after the press because I have a problem with restartism. Now I'm trying out the machine gun. Now that I have the Turbocharge, I can fly forever in short bursts.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: August 14, 2010, 02:07:22 pm »

Oooh, I'm going to have to check that game out. Tim Cain is one of my favorite Game Developers... guy used to work with Interplay, and did Fallout. He is also credited with an awesome pumpkin chocolate-chip muffin recipe that's hidden in the credits to Stonekeep. Best reward I've ever gotten for finishing a video game.

Mods are a must, the game's almost unplayably buggy on vanilla, and they had to release a patch to add item descriptions and the ability to loot monsters.

Other than that, it's pretty awesome, probably as close as you can get to actual 3.5e D&D in a tactical RPG.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: August 14, 2010, 02:26:37 pm »

I have to go to "therapy". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I might as well say this now because I don't think I've ever mentioned it.

All of last year (2009) I went to therapy for general depression and anger I guess you can say.  I was told about it late in 2008 and I decided it would probably be good for me, it wasn't very far away either, five minutes in a car and all that.  Oddly enough my therapist was a college dude in his 20's with an odd as in cool name, one you never hear.  That's not the important part though, he was pretty cool because he was only like 6 year older than me at the time.  Not that I'm saying his was cool for being young, I mean his personality.  Sure sometimes he wanted me to do something out of therapy and honestly I don't remember ever doing them.  But at one point last year this was the best thing I had, I remember it being the only thing that made me happy.  So time went on and pretty much every session was us just talking back on forth on just nothing really.  Just talking, I think that means I need a friend which I guess spun my world upside-down.

At the end of 2009 the guys one year like practice program was done, so he had to leave or whatever.  You know blah blah I'm not a very dramatic person and it doesn't really affect me.  So starting this year a had a therapist I was expecting all along, an older than middle women.  She was fine and everything but around April I was like I think I'm cool now I don't really feel depressed or angry anymore really.  In fact I pretty much feel content all the time.

Bro it's cool man.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: August 14, 2010, 04:58:46 pm »

I think part of the problem is that someone keeps feeding the therapist BS and she won't belive a word I say. I do spend most of my time in a cool dark place, but it's not like I'm some sort of psychopath or something. I'm just a loner. The main problem is that I'm pathologically bored.

It's nice to see that people on the internet actually care about me. Dawww. *hugs*

Also, I've been sent to two seperate mental institutions, once by the local school because I wouldn't back down trying to get what they're legally obligated to give me (an education, sort of the ENTIRE FRIGGIN POINT). Seriously. Effin communist russia over here. It's about as bad as they portray it in movies.

Spoiler: unnececarry anecdote (click to show/hide)

Also, I am sad because macintosh computer. My laptop is not with me. Pardon my spelling.

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: August 14, 2010, 05:04:24 pm »

I doubt that there's much you can do, unfortunately. Once people get this idea in their heads that "That guy's crazy!" it sticks. Good luck to you regardless. Try to drop out of their radar as soon as you can, otherwise they might never stop hounding you.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: August 14, 2010, 05:08:04 pm »

Nah. He's screwed. The minute you go to one of those places you're as good as crazy. The best you can hope for is to get some kind of joint settlement for your medication eventually and not end up in a home you get stabbed in.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: August 14, 2010, 05:12:23 pm »

Nah. He's screwed. The minute you go to one of those places you're as good as crazy. The best you can hope for is to get some kind of joint settlement for your medication eventually and not end up in a home you get stabbed in.
You are so optimistic.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: August 14, 2010, 05:17:42 pm »

Hey what no hell no.

If you're a good natured person you will find other good natured people, this isn't some cynical stereotypical film or something.  If you're associated as that "crazy guy" or whatever then it's simply not true, you can go get mental help nothing wrong with that brother.
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 8167