Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9470555 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9735 on: August 12, 2010, 09:52:08 pm »

I'm convinced it comes from doing too much thinking and not knowing how to stop.  Same reason people who smoke pot occasionally die of panic attacks, too much thinking.

Here I was, thinking that pot made you think less. Show's what I know.
No way man, pot makes you a professor.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9736 on: August 12, 2010, 09:53:02 pm »

pot makes you think alot more. About food.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: August 12, 2010, 09:53:40 pm »

I'm convinced it comes from doing too much thinking and not knowing how to stop.  Same reason people who smoke pot occasionally die of panic attacks, too much thinking.

Here I was, thinking that pot made you think less. Show's what I know.

Slower anyway.  Usually.  Sometimes it goes exactly the opposite, and you give yourself a heart attack from a massive overreaction to your own fear of having a heart attack.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: August 12, 2010, 09:58:48 pm »

I'd assume that because it's a stimulant it would cause you to think faster (and more recklessly- there *are* Things Man Was Not Meant To Know, and your brains have structures in place to keep you from knowing them).
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9739 on: August 12, 2010, 10:02:03 pm »

...No, no there's not.  What it is, is that your brain is a computer made of chemicals, and when something like pot comes into the system, it's makes everything go all wonky from cascading hormone signal imbalances.  Your brain goes nuts because parts of your brain that are never supposed to talk to each other can't shut up and are speaking gibberish.  There's no hidden knowledge in there, you're just scrambled.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: August 12, 2010, 10:04:52 pm »

This same effect is what causes Synthesia. There's nothing impossible about tasting sights and hearing smells. But these things are useless, and only occur due to error.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9741 on: August 12, 2010, 10:13:36 pm »

I'm convinced it comes from doing too much thinking and not knowing how to stop.

Hmm... I may have to think about that.

Dammit.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: August 12, 2010, 10:17:31 pm »

I know, it's like flypaper for smart people.  It's so damn insidious.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #9743 on: August 12, 2010, 10:19:24 pm »

I'd assume that because it's a stimulant it would cause you to think faster (and more recklessly- there *are* Things Man Was Not Meant To Know, and your brains have structures in place to keep you from knowing them).
Pot is a hallucinogen IIRC, not a stimulant. Hence the reason why potheads sit in their basement all day staring at a wall rather than running around ripping the hearts out of cops with their bare hands like crackheads do.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9744 on: August 12, 2010, 10:28:15 pm »

(and more recklessly- there *are* Things Man Was Not Meant To Know, and your brains have structures in place to keep you from knowing them).

If man isn't meant to know them and they have a destructive effect on your brain, how did we evolve these structures in the first place?
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9745 on: August 12, 2010, 10:29:51 pm »

Ye, pot will make you stare at a line of ants on the ground for hours but won't make you think that you can fly and that cops tortured and killed your family and you're a superhero seeking revenge.

Anyway, PCP is the scariest thing ever, its so powerful you'll do things you wouldn't do even if you were pissed off to the extreme. It makes you immune to pain and gives you awesome ideas such as "What would happen if I peeled my son's face and fed it to my dogs?" or "Gee, it sure is boring around here, I wonder if it'll get any better if I stick this fork in my eye and gouge it out."
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9746 on: August 12, 2010, 10:30:50 pm »

Pot is a hallucinogen IIRC, not a stimulant. Hence the reason why potheads sit in their basement all day staring at a wall rather than running around ripping the hearts out of cops with their bare hands like crackheads do.
Crack is pretty powerful, but what you are discribing is PCP. As in " begin to HATERAGE, tear off your clothes, attack the police, and shrug off bullet wounds due to your lack of pain response" PCP.

(and more recklessly- there *are* Things Man Was Not Meant To Know, and your brains have structures in place to keep you from knowing them).

If man isn't meant to know them and they have a destructive effect on your brain, how did we evolve these structures in the first place?
They don't have a destructive effect, that's just rubbish. But someone who has less "junk data" going through their mind will be more focused, and thus survive better.

NINJA'D: Goddamnit, Dakk.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9747 on: August 12, 2010, 10:33:31 pm »

From my own, completely anecdotal, experience, having higher IQ only means thinking less than "others". Mainly because IQ is such a flawed system when it comes to measuring intelligence.

Also, to get on topic and unburden myself, I'm miserable. I can't sleep either. It's half past 5 in the morning here, awake for the second night in a row, and my mind is a numb mess. The anti depressants isn't working at all either, and no matter how I try I can't shake the feeling of as if all the psychiatrical investigations I'm going through isn't going anywhere, and nothings ever gonna change. I want to express myself better, but my stupid emotional mindwall just blocks it all up inside me.
I also hate being so much of a fucking stereotype.
These things made me sad today.
Love, scriver~

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9748 on: August 12, 2010, 10:38:59 pm »

:D

But yea. Walking down the street, you cross 4 druggies:

Walking past a pothead? Say hi, ask him if he has any spare change, then keep walking.

Walking past a meth addict? Tell him the word wont seem nearly as awesome once it wears off, unless he has a gun, of course.

Walking past a crackhead? Change sidewalks, don't look him in the eyes, don't say anything, just keep walking and hope he doesn't feel imaginative today.

Walking past a PCP addict? RUN. THE. FUCK. AWAY. Go home, lock yourself in the basement and call the cops, then hope he hasn't followed you home, slashed your family's skin off to make a fedora, and is about to break through that heavy wooden door with his fists to eat your face.

Srsly, PCP is like the IRL berserk pack. Crack turns you into a dangerous person, but you'll maintain enough cognitive ability to consider if going against 5 well armed swat officers is a good idea. PCP literally makes you insane for the duration of its effect.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:44:59 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: August 12, 2010, 10:46:02 pm »

I am positive that that dissection of various addicts will save someone's life Dakk.
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 8167