Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471562 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9720 on: August 12, 2010, 08:41:24 pm »

He has an IQ of 5000 and yet is controlled by preteens all the time.

Also, somehow I find carpets more confortable then most couches.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9721 on: August 12, 2010, 08:43:04 pm »

The pokemon?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9722 on: August 12, 2010, 08:43:34 pm »

Apparently, Wailord is less dense than hydrogen. Blatant disregard For Science makes me sad.
Wailords: Please do not allow to come into contact with any 'positive matter', resulting explosion may crack the entire Jhoto region.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9723 on: August 12, 2010, 09:00:57 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's inherently impossible to have an IQ over 300 or so. It's sort of a percentage relative to... something...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9724 on: August 12, 2010, 09:01:48 pm »

Apparently, Wailord is less dense than hydrogen. Blatant disregard For Science makes me sad.
Wailords: Please do not allow to come into contact with any 'positive matter', resulting explosion may crack the entire Jhoto region.
"..and on the eighth day, the LORD created Pokemon, but this proved to be a total fucking mistake. Because they were daemons of antimatter."

"And thus the LORD went back to the drawing board."
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9725 on: August 12, 2010, 09:04:28 pm »

"..and on the eighth day, the LORD created Pokemon, but this proved to be a total fucking mistake. Because they were daemons of antimatter."
"And thus the LORD went back to the drawing board."
Again.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9726 on: August 12, 2010, 09:11:30 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's inherently impossible to have an IQ over 300 or so. It's sort of a percentage relative to... something...

"Above 140" is all the same as far as the test goes.  It's considered completely inaccurate when you get into genius IQ range.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: August 12, 2010, 09:27:39 pm »

"Above 140" is all the same as far as the test goes.  It's considered completely inaccurate when you get into genius IQ range.
That said, the higher and higher you go, the higher the chance of being born with or developing a mental ilness. It's almost Lovecraftian how the better minds breakdown.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: August 12, 2010, 09:28:59 pm »

Also, somehow I find carpets more confortable then most couches.

Dude, my bed is practically made of Pakistani rugs.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: August 12, 2010, 09:30:01 pm »

That said, the higher and higher you go, the higher the chance of being born with or developing a mental ilness. It's almost Lovecraftian how the better minds breakdown.
Yes... almost.  :-\

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9730 on: August 12, 2010, 09:32:59 pm »

Yeah.  The theory is that more complexity -> fewer redundant systems -> greater probability of system failure -> CRAZY

*siiiiiiiiigh*

That'd be a nice excuse, huh?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: August 12, 2010, 09:35:04 pm »

I'm convinced it comes from doing too much thinking and not knowing how to stop.  Same reason people who smoke pot occasionally die of panic attacks, too much thinking.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: August 12, 2010, 09:37:46 pm »

the trick is to go crazy before hand, so you can't go crazy later. That's what I did.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9733 on: August 12, 2010, 09:47:50 pm »

NEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Also, there appears to be something wrong with my eyes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: August 12, 2010, 09:50:54 pm »

I'm convinced it comes from doing too much thinking and not knowing how to stop.  Same reason people who smoke pot occasionally die of panic attacks, too much thinking.

Here I was, thinking that pot made you think less. Show's what I know.
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 8167