Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473930 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9600 on: August 10, 2010, 11:12:59 am »

I reinstalled Assassin's Creed 2 on my new system, and all the characters have rays of....something shooting out of them. *sigh* It never fails. Upgrade and some stuff works flawlessly, while stuff that worked before now works differently. That'll teach me for sticking an ATI card in my machine.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9601 on: August 10, 2010, 11:19:33 am »

Remember Ted Stevens?  Remember what fun it was to point and laugh at the moronic fossil who gave us the immortal "Series of Tubes?"  Remember laughing and crying when you found out he was the guy in charge of communication law?

He probably died in a plane crash today, along with the former head of NASA and a few other guys.  It hasn't been confirmed yet, but when an 87 old man is involved in a plane crash in the asshole of Alaska, he's probably not gonna make it.

The man gave us a treasure, and I wouldn't wish a violent, terrifying death like that on almost anybody.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9602 on: August 10, 2010, 12:01:33 pm »

Remember Ted Stevens?  Remember what fun it was to point and laugh at the moronic fossil who gave us the immortal "Series of Tubes?"  Remember laughing and crying when you found out he was the guy in charge of communication law?

He probably died in a plane crash today, along with the former head of NASA and a few other guys.  It hasn't been confirmed yet, but when an 87 old man is involved in a plane crash in the asshole of Alaska, he's probably not gonna make it.

The man gave us a treasure, and I wouldn't wish a violent, terrifying death like that on almost anybody.
I see you said "almost anybody". Would love to see your short list.

I had a burrito the size of a small child for lunch. That part made me happy. But now I have to remain conscious and coherent at work for the next 4.5 hours. That makes me sad, because I have an overwhelming urge to curl up in a warm place and just digest for a while, like an anaconda who scarfed down a whole goat.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9603 on: August 10, 2010, 12:14:04 pm »

My Dad's dog is the coolest bro and takes after Gamzee.

He just chills like a mOtHerFuCkEr
(this isn't him but it's an example)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9604 on: August 10, 2010, 12:20:46 pm »

I see you said "almost anybody". Would love to see your short list.

I hate throwing in caveats like that, which effectively negative everything in the statement, but I said "almost" because I didn't want some cheesedick going "you woulnd't wish a planecrash death on HITLER?".  I prefer the alternative of "if youd wish it on somebody there WERES THE LINE?", because that one's easier to deal with and involves no backpedaling.

That was a longer answer than I intended it to be.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #9605 on: August 10, 2010, 12:48:28 pm »

Youtube comments section for a video of a recording of the "series of tubes:"

Alaska is not just something you just fly over, it's a series of mountains!

/facepalm

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9606 on: August 10, 2010, 01:25:28 pm »

What. So it also has islands? Get over yourself.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9607 on: August 10, 2010, 02:14:14 pm »

He was Facepalming because someone hadn't even waited 24 hours to start making bad jokes about his death.  Get over yourself.
Shoes...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9608 on: August 10, 2010, 02:19:28 pm »

I didn't realize there was a "grace period" for morbid jokes, especially when the newly-deceased is was a corrupt kleptocrat like Stevens. People didn't wait five minutes when Robert Byrd croaked it, and he was still a sitting Senator.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9609 on: August 10, 2010, 02:21:45 pm »

While my avatar was never that accurate it's even less so now. I shaved my beard off and unfortunately miss it, though wet shaving with a single-blade razor is kind of enjoyable or perhaps just therapeutic.

I don't think I'll be shaving it this close again for some time, I will just use clippers 2 - 3 in future.

I didn't realize there was a "grace period" for morbid jokes, especially when the newly-deceased is was a corrupt kleptocrat like Stevens. People didn't wait five minutes when Robert Byrd croaked it, and he was still a sitting Senator.
I'd say there isn't but then I like Chris Morris's humour.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9610 on: August 10, 2010, 02:49:20 pm »

Generally, yeah, people are all "Aww, that's too soon man" even as they laugh and make their own jokes about the dearly departed.

And he redeems himself with Series of Tubes.  Spawning a meme absolves one of any bad things they didn't in life.

What makes me sad:  Dey rapin' everybody up in Lincoln Park.
Shoes...

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #9611 on: August 10, 2010, 02:53:23 pm »

What makes me sad:  Dey rapin' everybody up in Lincoln Park.

BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9612 on: August 10, 2010, 03:16:11 pm »

I seem to have been misconstrued. I was actually suggesting that there shouldn't be a moratorium on gallows humor. I used to think that there should be, but I've noticed over the years that people in general are vicious little f*ckers, so I figure why bother?

Besides, I remember being utterly traumatized by the Challenger explosion, and yet within a week I was retelling jokes about "Hands Across America". And that was for people that I liked and admired. Stevens was a douche.

Black humor is just how some people deal.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9613 on: August 10, 2010, 03:33:01 pm »

I just found out that Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (the guys behind Scary Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans and assorted horrible movie mash-ups) have just released a new one, Vampires Suck. You'd think that a Twilight parody would inherently be a good thing. But no. Not when these guys are involved.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9614 on: August 10, 2010, 03:35:47 pm »

How do they keep getting funded anyway?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 8167