Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9456099 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9450 on: August 07, 2010, 12:05:30 pm »

The ultimate goal of the biological imperative is reproduction, but being free-willed, I can tell that goal to fuck off and leave me alone. I find much more joy in surviving myself than sacrificing potential in my life for the sake of some stupid brats who will most likely hate me anyway.

Fuck free will. You know that's just a justification by religious people like myself to justify our co-existence with an omnipotent deity. Wise atheists like you know that all humans are merely slaves to biochemical processes. Go fuck! It's good for you, and good for humanity!
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9451 on: August 07, 2010, 12:08:20 pm »

I'm hoping to marry late, because I have a ... thing ... for older men ._.;;
I think that you're missing a very important fact here.

... I'm not having children at 40, doodabuddy, and I really don't want to get involved with someone 10 or 15 years older than me.  Make more sense?
Nonono. What I meant is this: While you might have a thing for older men, older men(or any man, actually) usually have a thing for young women.
If you want a good guy, whose within your desired age range, marry one now. He'll surely get there sooner or later.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9452 on: August 07, 2010, 12:08:52 pm »

No, my father and I have a very good relationship. Indeed, I would say that my father is quite awesome.

Fuck free will. You know that's just a justification by religious people like myself to justify our co-existence with an omnipotent deity. Wise atheists like you know that all humans are merely slaves to biochemical processes. Go fuck! It's good for you, and good for humanity!
Quit that you.  :P
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9453 on: August 07, 2010, 12:10:49 pm »

Nonono. What I meant is this: While you might have a thing for older men, older men(or any man, actually) usually have a thing for young women.
If you want a good guy, whose within your desired age range, marry one now. He'll surely get there sooner or later.

... I'm 20 >_<

Waiting at least 5 years on that one.  Because seriously, marrying now... bad idea.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: August 07, 2010, 12:12:18 pm »

Quit that you.  :P

Bleah

Give it a few years, man, I'm sure you'll see the light. Ask any of the forumites with children, they'll tell you that kids are the best thing that's ever happened to them.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9455 on: August 07, 2010, 12:18:42 pm »

... I'm 20 >_<

Waiting at least 5 years on that one.  Because seriously, marrying now... bad idea.
Well, I was speaking figuratively.
You do see how your argumentation for marrying late didn't make sense, don't you?
Anyway. That's just silly nitpicking.
My point from earlier stands, though. By the time you'll decide(if at all) to have children(and probably not too many too), your bimbo collegues and neighbours will all have spread their genes far and wide. Thus the amount of brains in the world remains low.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: August 07, 2010, 12:21:50 pm »

My point from earlier stands, though. By the time you'll decide(if at all) to have children(and probably not too many too), your bimbo collegues and neighbours will all have spread their genes far and wide. Thus the amount of brains in the world remains low.

Possibly, but I fully intend to indoctrinate young people in the Way of the Mathematician.  That should at least do something.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: August 07, 2010, 12:37:43 pm »

Possibly, but I fully intend to indoctrinate young people in the Way of the Mathematician.  That should at least do something.
Ha! But The Man might frustrate your attempts by forcing his way of teaching your future pupils. You surely know all too much about the way Math is taught in schools. He's much less capable of doing so with regards to one's own kids.
But then you'll probably try your best with the system before deciding to "make" your very own pupils after all.

On the second thought, having the world full of dimwits isn't that bad. This enables half-witted people, (censored self depreciation remark here), to feel superior to at least part of the humankind.
I'm not sure if it makes me sad or happy.

ed: censorship!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 12:46:46 pm by Il Palazzo »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: August 07, 2010, 12:42:09 pm »

I don't like when intelligence is brought up in a conversation, why can't we be bros.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9459 on: August 07, 2010, 12:49:37 pm »

I'm reminded of the movie Idiocracy. Though it wasn't hard science, the thing about educated couples not marrying/having children was true. However, a college education isn't exactly an inherited trait. Still, there are a lot of ways one can help the world, which don't involve breeding; as a species, and a civilization, we live as sort of a Meta-Organism, with a lot of specialized components that are really good at certain things.

...but I'll reign in the tangent, before it flies out of the discussion circle.

I fully intend to indoctrinate young people into the Cult of Numerology.  That should at least poison the minds of the world's youth with cold, calculating logic. Hail to our glorious Robot Overlords. May their shining steel visages smile upon we chosen few, when the Robopocalypse is nigh.

(paraphrased)

Are you thinking about being a mathematics teacher?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: August 07, 2010, 01:05:32 pm »

Dammit, I was proud of us for not having mentioned Idiocracy.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: August 07, 2010, 01:07:11 pm »

I thought that film sucked to be honest.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9462 on: August 07, 2010, 01:09:48 pm »

I fully intend to indoctrinate young people into the Cult of Numerology.  That should at least poison the minds of the world's youth with cold, calculating logic. Hail to our glorious Robot Overlords. May their shining steel visages smile upon we chosen few, when the Robopocalypse is nigh.

(paraphrased)

Are you thinking about being a mathematics teacher?

... snerk

Nope, I'm going to become a mathematician.  That said, I have a history of volunteering at high schools to tutor in mathematics, so... why not keep doing that?  I can't see any reason why I shouldn't give my spare time to further the cause.  I'll probably also try to work as a high school sub/teacher/whatever I can do when I'm too old to research (provided that I wouldn't just be going "vector spaces bluh bluh" at that point).  Mostly, I hope to be an inspiring professor--everything my professors have been for me, and more.  I suppose that they've inspired me to inspire others =)

Meh.  I used to teach the other kids how to read and do arithmetic when I was in kindergarten.  I guess the pedagogical bent never really went away.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9463 on: August 07, 2010, 01:14:57 pm »

I thought that film sucked to be honest.

It was funny, but too many people on the internet treat it as some sort of prophecy.
Shoes...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: August 07, 2010, 01:17:19 pm »

Everything is a prophecy on the internet. Everything.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 8167