Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9458709 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9420 on: August 07, 2010, 12:50:28 am »

This reminds me of an old quote:

"A friend will bail you out of jail. A real friend will be in the cell with you saying 'Damn, that was fun'."

I think the closest thing to a friend I will really have would be an old co-worker at one of my past jobs (now a musician) that makes an awesome drinking buddy/wingman.

That aside, with a sufficiently large enough family, I have no need for friends. I have all the drama and help I need from blood.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: August 07, 2010, 12:51:08 am »

But consume it in the company of friends.

fakeedit: Man, how large is your family?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9422 on: August 07, 2010, 12:54:34 am »

fakeedit: Man, how large is your family?
5 sisters, 2 brothers, and then my parents. I'm #6 of 8 kids. Add to the chaos, I have plenty of nieces and a nephew, and kids grow up fast, apparently. That, or I'm getting old, and not realizing it yet.

Funny enough, we're almost a carbon-copy of my mother's family (I think equally as large), personalities and all. Let's just hope not exactly, in those cases. I mean, we're nearly within walking distance of each other; more like biking distance, or a short drive.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 12:56:20 am by Itnetlolor »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9423 on: August 07, 2010, 12:55:43 am »

That is huge. My friend has four siblings and he has a hard time of it. I am impressed that you are not a gibbering wreck.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9424 on: August 07, 2010, 01:01:34 am »

Good grief, I have 2 and find both of them annoying as fuck. And they're older then me.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9425 on: August 07, 2010, 01:04:08 am »

I think my bouts of insanity here and there make up for it. I just decide to accept the insanity, and make use of it. So far, it's helping me help everyone creatively; or at least compose it into a printable design. Plus, with a rough enough background, and enough maturity, I've provided some epic wit here and there when there was an opportunity to use it.

It's a good memory to remember when you see someone that usually sees you as a rather dull nice guy realize that you actually have a tongue sharper than any blade crafted, and know how to use it. A good amount of my siblings' friends (and a handful of my past associates) were rather surprised to see that I'm actually funny, I'm just selective of when I use it, as to not dull it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: August 07, 2010, 03:02:56 am »

Being ToonyMan, I have a younger brother to be an older bro to and I have a younger sister to be an older bro to.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: August 07, 2010, 08:55:12 am »

somewhat ill. mild febriculae. annoying.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9428 on: August 07, 2010, 09:38:54 am »

I have one sibling... And we are total opposites in every way. She is a stereotypical teenage girl(always on the phone, overly emotional, yells at parents over nothing, etc.), and I am an antisocial nerd. It's extremely annoying.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: August 07, 2010, 10:19:07 am »

My younger brother has very similar interests to me but acts childish sometimes (so do I).  My younger sister is less interesting, she's just a normal younger sister.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: August 07, 2010, 10:41:42 am »

I just realised how creepy 'Never Gonna Give You Up' was. The lament of someone stuck in the friend zone who was started stalking the girl he has a crush on.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: August 07, 2010, 10:45:01 am »

I think "Together Forever" is worse than that. Just listen to the music, and then listen to it again in g-major. You won't be sleeping that off.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: August 07, 2010, 10:46:43 am »

I think "Together Forever" is worse than that. Just listen to the music, and then listen to it again in g-major. You won't be sleeping that off.

Oh god.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: August 07, 2010, 11:20:43 am »

I just realized how insane and unstable I used to be, and I have no idea how it even happened.  Extreme isolation and terribad social skills, I guess, but still: I've really changed over the past four months.  This is the sort of thing that makes me afraid of having children.

Also, my aunt's apartment building burned down.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9434 on: August 07, 2010, 11:22:26 am »

Man that sucks  :[

I also have to say my past self is incomprehensible to me now.
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 8167