Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9463638 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9330 on: August 06, 2010, 04:01:58 am »

♥~~~Sorry dude, I've got a sonic screwdriver AND stairs. You're fucked.~~~♥

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9331 on: August 06, 2010, 04:47:24 am »

♥~~~Sorry dude, I've got a sonic screwdriver AND stairs. You're fucked.~~~♥

Just level the building.
Daleks aren't robots anyway. They're just posers.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9332 on: August 06, 2010, 07:04:07 am »

♥~~~Listening to it? Hell, I was playing it.~~~♥
Send me the sheet music pl0x.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9333 on: August 06, 2010, 07:07:09 am »

No! Oh, god no! Vector, since I've been here you've been nothing but sweet to me! You didn't offend me, I was just being a goof off !

Phew, I'm so glad =)

That whole Lesbian v. gay thing is sort of weird; I think it generally has to do with the world being run by men, in a literal and real-time sense and a traditional societal sense. Its okay for women, because men think its sexy- or at least unobtrusive. Most people that I've come across who are homophobic seem like their big fear is that a gay guy will turn them or take advantage of them (or mayby just be thinking about it). That's a pretty lame assessment but it makes sense so far as I can tell.

Though I'm not entirely certain what you mean by "the world being run by men," I'll have to admit that a lot of housewives would disagree with you.  The general opinion from my experience is that male dominance is mostly a puppet government, and women have been holding together/manipulating civilization for thousands of years.  Of course, that's not exactly scientifically provable, so I'll just throw that out there.  I'm not denying inequity in the workplace, naturally--I'd have to be insane.  I'm mostly speaking in terms of other, less tangible societal norms.

I just kind of want to bring this up. It's a silly notion that 'the world is being run by men' or 'women are ruling everything from behind the scenes' because it's not as though all the men of the world are getting together every month and go:

"So what are we gonna do tonight, fellow man?"
"Easy, my non-alpha chum. TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!"

Instead of tradition or anything like that, I've read in articles and stuff that it had mostly to do with parental concepts and how men and women are raised that is the real determiner. Men are by far more likely to grow up feeling unloved, and without close friends. As you might be able to infer, narcissism and other neurosis are also more common. As a consequence, men are more likely to more aggressively pursue positions of power to facilitate their inflated sense of self-worth. If anything, the "men rule the world' observation is more a symptom of Male Society's rampant mental illness than any malicious conspiracy by men to keep women down.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9334 on: August 06, 2010, 07:08:57 am »

You're so naive. :P That is why we non-alphas leave you out of our bi-weekly world takeover attempts.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9335 on: August 06, 2010, 07:12:15 am »

You're so naive. :P That is why we non-alphas leave you out of our bi-weekly world takeover attempts.

So you mean that every two weeks, a new New World Order takes over the world. That explains the state of the world!

United Forenia Forever!

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #9336 on: August 06, 2010, 07:38:27 am »

So you mean that every two weeks, a new New World Order takes over the world. That explains the state of the world!
No, they're only attempts at world takeover :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9337 on: August 06, 2010, 11:32:59 am »

I just kind of want to bring this up. It's a silly notion that 'the world is being run by men' or 'women are ruling everything from behind the scenes' because it's not as though all the men of the world are getting together every month and go:

[...]

Instead of tradition or anything like that, I've read in articles and stuff that it had mostly to do with parental concepts and how men and women are raised that is the real determiner. Men are by far more likely to grow up feeling unloved, and without close friends. As you might be able to infer, narcissism and other neurosis are also more common. As a consequence, men are more likely to more aggressively pursue positions of power to facilitate their inflated sense of self-worth. If anything, the "men rule the world' observation is more a symptom of Male Society's rampant mental illness than any malicious conspiracy by men to keep women down.

First off, women do have groups where they talk extensively about how to run society behind the scenes.  They're called "quilting bees" and so on.  You think I'm joking, but ... well, it's true.

Here's the other thing: minor neurosis is not more common in men.  Major neurosis is, to be sure, is.  Sorry for the lack of links, by the way... I'm mostly reciting from memory on internet meanderings, but anxious and depressive disorders have a much higher rate in women.  Twice the rate, in fact.  The seriously crippling stuff like psychopathy, schizophrenia, and low-functioning autism hit men more frequently.

Maybe we're not ruling the world because we're too busy trying to rule our own minds.  Who knows.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9338 on: August 06, 2010, 12:19:49 pm »

Schizophrenia is the same in both genders, IIRC. Autism is more in frequent in boys than girls. On the other hand Rett (which starts simmilar to autism but is worse in the long run) is more frequent in girls
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9339 on: August 06, 2010, 12:43:37 pm »

Schizophrenia is the same in both genders, IIRC. Autism is more in frequent in boys than girls. On the other hand Rett (which starts simmilar to autism but is worse in the long run) is more frequent in girls

Huh, really?  I thought schizophrenia was higher in men... maybe I should re-check those numbers.

And yeah, I heard Rett's was pretty much an exclusively female ailment, but generally really, really rare.  Does that fit with your knowledge?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9340 on: August 06, 2010, 12:55:13 pm »

I seem to recall so.

Fakeedit: just checked and yeah, 10 times less frequent. 4/10.000 vs 4/100.000
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #9341 on: August 06, 2010, 01:28:40 pm »

I have discovered that the reason I can't stream sound is because of my stupid "professional" sound card. It only has 1/4" jacks. I want my old computer back.

Also, I originally posted this in the wrong thread.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9342 on: August 06, 2010, 02:37:35 pm »

I'm sad because Realmfighter copped out on the stream Taco Dan is doing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #9343 on: August 06, 2010, 03:10:30 pm »

Im the only one who has good music taste out of my friends, well atleast one likes MGMT.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9344 on: August 06, 2010, 05:33:01 pm »

I'm booorreed because I can't really find anything to play.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624 625 ... 8167