Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9467484 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9210 on: August 05, 2010, 06:08:15 am »

Of course, there's some retarded immutable video game law that, graphics permitting, all women must be LOLHAWT.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #9211 on: August 05, 2010, 06:23:15 am »

Or, of course, players will think that they're hot. Like how everyone thinks that Alex Vance is hot because she's really the only female main character that isn't old.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9212 on: August 05, 2010, 07:13:12 am »

Valve is fucking with you. They switch around the gender pronouns of the pyro as much as they can to sow argument. The pyro is a man, the pyro is a woman, the pyro is Abraham Lincoln...
Yeah, several updates ago they started loading a random pronoun for the pyro every time the pyro is mentioned.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: August 05, 2010, 09:33:03 am »

I'm excited. I have an idea for a project, and this is the first I've ever had so I'm not entirely disillusioned with my ability to continually work on something.

I have become disillusioned with my ability to continually work on something.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: August 05, 2010, 09:34:19 am »

I'm excited. I have an idea for a project, and this is the first I've ever had so I'm not entirely disillusioned with my ability to continually work on something.

I have become disillusioned with my ability to continually work on something.
What does disillusioned mean?  Deceiving yourself with lies or something.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: August 05, 2010, 09:47:00 am »

And the pyro is a robot, from that big alarm board in the spy video.

Perhaps a very deep-voiced, potato shaped woman.

You stole that.  You stole the potato shaped woman thing from me.  Now we must duel.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: August 05, 2010, 10:09:04 am »

You stole that.  You stole the potato shaped woman thing from me.  Now we must duel.

This is a battle of destiny! Gather your strength, and the strength of your souls!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #9217 on: August 05, 2010, 10:23:32 am »

Oh god, it's horrible.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9218 on: August 05, 2010, 11:06:13 am »

Yeah, I knew I stole it from somebody.  I figured it was you, but I couldn't find it in any searches.  Tell ya what, you find the post where you said it, and I'll give your potato woman back.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9219 on: August 05, 2010, 11:21:12 am »

The internet is turning into the Feed model,

What's that?

Ah, it's a reference to this novel.  Basically, our society's emotional reliance on computers and the instantaneous gratification they provide is starting to freak me the hell out.  I, for one, know that if I were thrown into the wilderness with flint, steel, and a jackknife, I would be completely fucked.  Sure, you can say that that's not the environment we live in anymore... but it still scares me.

The whole mess with the Facebook "like" buttons appearing everywhere--that scares me, too.  Now there's some freaktacular "Norton safe search" toolbar that won't just tell me if a given website has threats.  No, it also has to find product tie-ins for me?  What the hell, guys?  Oh, and don't forget about the bit where we're starting to carry around personal computers everywhere.  It's one thing to listen to a little music when you'd be walking by a busy intersection instead, and it's a different thing to be texting your friends or surfing the web while I'm talking to you at a restaurant and paying for your meal.  Even worse are the days when I show up at a guy's house and he runs off to play computer games while I'm helping the family with his chores after dinner.

No, I don't like it... not at all.  At least not for myself, even if I can't run out and tell society "Stop!  You're doing something cool but ultimately stupid!"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9220 on: August 05, 2010, 11:56:46 am »

Even worse are the days when I show up at a guy's house and he runs off to play computer games while I'm helping the family with his chores after dinner.

That's in a whole nother galaxy of bad, and probably has much less to do with environment/technology than with the person.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9221 on: August 05, 2010, 11:57:03 am »

I blame me!!!!

... what are we blaming folks for now again?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: August 05, 2010, 11:58:48 am »

Yeah, I knew I stole it from somebody.  I figured it was you, but I couldn't find it in any searches.  Tell ya what, you find the post where you said it, and I'll give your potato woman back.

If she is, she's a breastless, potato-shaped girl; which gives TF2 points for not sexualizing her.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9223 on: August 05, 2010, 12:00:34 pm »

If she is, she's a breastless, potato-shaped girl; which gives TF2 points for not sexualizing her.

Touché, tentacles.  Potato woman is yours again.

Even worse are the days when I show up at a guy's house and he runs off to play computer games while I'm helping the family with his chores after dinner.

That's in a whole nother galaxy of bad, and probably has much less to do with environment/technology than with the person.

I'd say it sounds more like my peeps in The Sims than anything real people would do, but I do know people that whacked.  I've always wondered just how unique they are.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: August 05, 2010, 12:05:24 pm »

They're very rare. And honestly if you give them more than one chance to do something like that to you it becomes less their fault for being idiots than yours for putting up to it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 8167