Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9475843 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8970 on: August 03, 2010, 12:08:43 pm »

I'm sure it'll get better.  It's just that craptacular logistics problem of growing up, getting stuff done in a day, and so on.  I also think I kind of disapprove of the absurd social shit around the transition to adulthood, because it's sort of like being put through a meatgrinder.  Like... intellectual puberty, I guess.  Except no one writes cute and snarky books to help you through it or tell you everything you need to know.  No, there's just a giant body of crap that you have to dig through, thousands of pages of contradictory advice... and out of this, you're supposed to find simplicity, beauty, and a way of life?  Suddenly, I begin to understand why people turn to religion.  It's a hell of a lot easier when you have someone else to tell you what to do.

Certainly there are books.  I would recommend High Fidelity, but that's more for a man's perspective.  It's a good book regardless though.  Point is, I gave up putting any stock in finding crap besides the tangible stuff like friends and a degree.  Just like how the best parts of life are supposed to be the ones you've already lived, the most important parts of life are supposed to be wherever you are at the moment.  I don't dwell on either; just do what you have to do, and make things happen when you can.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8971 on: August 03, 2010, 12:10:12 pm »

One of my bed's crossframes broke. Again. Damnit.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8972 on: August 03, 2010, 12:31:27 pm »

I'm suspecting I'm growing away from bay12 somehow. There seem to become less and less awesome friends, and more and more random idiotic internet strangers. Problem is I'm not really growing INTO anything else...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8973 on: August 03, 2010, 12:39:29 pm »

Spoiler: this doesnt make sense (click to show/hide)
Can someone explain?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8974 on: August 03, 2010, 12:40:08 pm »

Can someone explain?

People make more than one comment.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8975 on: August 03, 2010, 12:41:07 pm »

Can someone explain?

Over 100?  Dman.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8976 on: August 03, 2010, 12:41:43 pm »

No, Youtube is fucked. Sometimes there'll be thousands of likes+dislikes and still only 300-odd views.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8977 on: August 03, 2010, 12:42:47 pm »

Can someone explain?

Over 100?  Dman.

Either they really like talking, or there is a problem with Youtube.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8978 on: August 03, 2010, 12:44:27 pm »

The post couter, rating counter, and view counters have always updated seperately. I have seen many a accusation of view/votebot use due to this issue.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 12:46:53 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8979 on: August 03, 2010, 01:49:56 pm »

Certainly there are books.  I would recommend High Fidelity, but that's more for a man's perspective.  It's a good book regardless though.  Point is, I gave up putting any stock in finding crap besides the tangible stuff like friends and a degree.  Just like how the best parts of life are supposed to be the ones you've already lived, the most important parts of life are supposed to be wherever you are at the moment.  I don't dwell on either; just do what you have to do, and make things happen when you can.

Already read it, as well as About a Boy =)  I also read Fight Club, though I should probably also get around to reading On the Road at some point.  As far as everything else... meh, I dunno.  I'm a searcher.  To stop searching would be so contrary to my nature as to entirely contradict it--and yeah, I know, navel-staring yadda yadda.  It gives me something to think about instead of thinking about what jerks people tend to be in their early twenties.  Though this period will probably make us all resilient and tough in the end, it's still not what I'd wish on us.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8980 on: August 03, 2010, 02:10:57 pm »

Gotta leave and there may not be internet, see you later people.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8981 on: August 03, 2010, 02:16:26 pm »

Nah, seriously.  The state of being 20 is starting to incur my wrath.  Social muck, figuring out who you should be, one's values... bleh.  So much work!  My days end up being spent reading philosophical books, doing mathematics, and attempting futilely to get a never-ending stack of chores out of the way.  This "adult" thing... what a pain in the ass.  It's a gigantic logistics problem, too.

I feel your pain, only a few days and I'll be 21. Mostly though I lost sight of my future, or my desired future, and have ended up in a terrible job. It's not helping me form a sense of cohesive identity. I really need to get back into education but I'm terrified that I can't do it any more.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8982 on: August 03, 2010, 02:17:34 pm »

Yep, I think the views counter only updates once every hour or half hour. Much less frequently than the near-instantaneous comment section or rating section.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8983 on: August 03, 2010, 02:21:13 pm »

Suddenly, I begin to understand why people turn to religion.  It's a hell of a lot easier when you have someone else to tell you what to do.

My ex told me last night that even if she knew religion was an illusion, she'd keep believing it.  This from someone who always told me that she wanted truth above all else.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8984 on: August 03, 2010, 03:03:06 pm »

I voted today.  :'(

First four candidates for Washington state's senator position: first didn't send in a picture or statement, second favors the "centrist party," third is named Goodspaceguy, fourth is Mike The Mover.  There's actual normal candidates past these guys, but still.

I wrote in Mickey Mouse for two of the offices.  Nobody even ran for one of those offices  ???
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 8167