Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9474138 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8955 on: August 03, 2010, 11:20:03 am »

My Dad wants me to go over his house but I am reluctant, I have 4 hours to comply-what do I do?
KILL EVERYONE

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: August 03, 2010, 11:26:21 am »

My Dad wants me to go over his house but I am reluctant, I have 4 hours to comply-what do I do?

Comply.  Doing things you don't want to do is a large part of growing up.  Better start practicing now =/

Nah, seriously.  The state of being 20 is starting to incur my wrath.  Social muck, figuring out who you should be, one's values... bleh.  So much work!  My days end up being spent reading philosophical books, doing mathematics, and attempting futilely to get a never-ending stack of chores out of the way.  This "adult" thing... what a pain in the ass.  It's a gigantic logistics problem, too.

What to do?  SLICE THE STATE OF BEING 20 IN HALF :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: August 03, 2010, 11:27:56 am »

I already decided an hour ago to go, so I'm fine with that.

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8958 on: August 03, 2010, 11:38:42 am »

I think I might be coming down with a cold.

THIS IS WHY I HATE LEAVING THE HOUSE FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: August 03, 2010, 11:39:16 am »

I'm so bored...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8960 on: August 03, 2010, 11:40:51 am »

I'm so bored...

Go buy a new screwdriver and invent some sort of system for keeping your stuff from getting stolen?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8961 on: August 03, 2010, 11:42:23 am »

I'm so bored...

Go buy a new screwdriver and invent some sort of system for keeping your stuff from getting stolen?
I already have a name set up for it. It shall be called the "Stab-You-In-The-Eye-With-A-Screwdriver-Biologically-Propelled-Device".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8962 on: August 03, 2010, 11:44:22 am »

Yeah, being 10 was so much more awesome.  I can't believe how easy I was to entertain back then.

I hear it all gets better in the mid and late 20's though, after all that "entering adulthood" crap is figured out, and everyone stops caring while they're still young enough to do things.  I'm hoping that happens once I graduate, since I realize that being in school and the job to pay for it has absolutely destroyed my social life.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8963 on: August 03, 2010, 11:50:59 am »

Yeah, being 10 was so much more awesome.  I can't believe how easy I was to entertain back then.

I hear it all gets better in the mid and late 20's though, after all that "entering adulthood" crap is figured out, and everyone stops caring while they're still young enough to do things.  I'm hoping that happens once I graduate, since I realize that being in school and the job to pay for it has absolutely destroyed my social life.

The best part of your life is usually the part you've already lived. My late 20's were pretty good, but better now in retrospect than they seemed at the time.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8964 on: August 03, 2010, 11:56:03 am »

I'm over 30 and it sucks. :D
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8965 on: August 03, 2010, 11:56:30 am »

Yeah, 10 was great.  I'd go to school, do all my homework for the week in two hours or so, and spent all the rest of my time reading about whatever I felt like.  And the math classes... those used to be so much fun.  Nowadays, if you put a sheet of stuff on fractions or basic algebra in front of me, I'll stab you with my graphing calculator.  13 and onwards was just downhill, though >_>

I'm sure it'll get better.  It's just that craptacular logistics problem of growing up, getting stuff done in a day, and so on.  I also think I kind of disapprove of the absurd social shit around the transition to adulthood, because it's sort of like being put through a meatgrinder.  Like... intellectual puberty, I guess.  Except no one writes cute and snarky books to help you through it or tell you everything you need to know.  No, there's just a giant body of crap that you have to dig through, thousands of pages of contradictory advice... and out of this, you're supposed to find simplicity, beauty, and a way of life?  Suddenly, I begin to understand why people turn to religion.  It's a hell of a lot easier when you have someone else to tell you what to do.

Screw you too, mate >_>

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8966 on: August 03, 2010, 11:59:19 am »

Screw you too, mate >_>

Hey at least you know about Dwarf Fortress too. (It's on my "reasons to live" list)
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: August 03, 2010, 12:03:20 pm »

I don't really remember elementary or middle school besides it being very restricting and me not liking that very much.  I love being responsible for my own self, I feel so self-efficient.

High School
Freshman year - This was before Bay12 and I was pretty anti-social and awkward
Sophomore year - Became a regular on Bay12, became more open to close friends, also became very depressed and cynical
Junior year - Best year so far, sociable to people I see and greet, people at school became enough to be friends with me (still haven't had someone over my house though)  Ignore the assholes, stressed out near the beginning but that allll weentt awaayyy
Senior year - I don't know yet, but it's going to be the bestest

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8968 on: August 03, 2010, 12:07:19 pm »

I don't know yet, but it's going to be the bestest

This is a commendable way of looking at the future.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8969 on: August 03, 2010, 12:07:33 pm »

Just got an e-mail that the HD I wanted for my new laptop is on backorder with no ETA. Which means that I either wait an unknown amount of time to get it or completely change my order. And since I sent in a check for it to get a cash discount, I'll probably have to send in *another* check to make up the difference in price or have them send me a refund or something. Which will probably delay things even more.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 8167