Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9478921 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8835 on: August 02, 2010, 01:58:27 am »

See'd, seed or saw.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: August 02, 2010, 01:59:26 am »

Wait, you mean besides The Giant himself? Or... was it Rich Burlew who gave you a personal smackdown?

You know, they probably disliked you for challenging that board's prevailing philosophy - that the DM's word is law.

Heh no, besides The Gaint or the Foot or what ever. Like you know how it is Mods<Administrators<Foot<Giant<Rich? Or at lest I think that is how it goes, maybe. Anyway it was the Modding Administrator.

Also she basically said it was because of me saying "pro tip" to them. Although now that you say it it does make sense for that to be the reason, she certainly did not read the thread.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: August 02, 2010, 02:01:31 am »

You know, they probably disliked you for challenging that board's prevailing philosophy - that the DM's word is law.

I always hated that philosophy. It had good intentions, but it's just an excuse for stupid people to get to be right some of the time by DMing. I'm personally against harming players for speaking their mind about something on principle, because I like to be able to know what they are and aren't liking without them having to be afraid of dying.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8838 on: August 02, 2010, 02:03:55 am »

Can't say I'm very shocked by that. People with any small measure of power over another seem to get an itch to use it for any reason, and will do so more often than not. What the Internet does to a normal person's mindset doesn't help the situation.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8839 on: August 02, 2010, 02:04:43 am »

I always hated that philosophy. It had good intentions, but it's just an excuse for stupid people to get to be right some of the time by DMing. I'm personally against harming players for speaking their mind about something on principle, because I like to be able to know what they are and aren't liking without them having to be afraid of dying.

That's true, and besides which, it can make for a poor story if the DM is... shall we say, lacking.

Wait, you mean besides The Giant himself? Or... was it Rich Burlew who gave you a personal smackdown?

Heh no, besides The Gaint or the Foot or what ever. Like you know how it is Mods<Administrators<Foot<Giant<Rich? Or at lest I think that is how it goes, maybe. Anyway it was the Modding Administrator.

Also she basically said it was because of me saying "pro tip" to them. Although now that you say it it does make sense for that to be the reason, she certainly did not read the thread.

Actually, the Giant is Rich. (No, not the way "Toady is Kurtulmak". The Giant is his screen name, and it's a mite egotistic too. He is "The Giant in the Playground".)

Anyway, yeah, the GiTP boards have mods who tend not to read the threads before dispensing moderation. In most cases it works out fine, but it looks like it didn't come off right in your case.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8840 on: August 02, 2010, 02:07:02 am »

Yeah, I always thought his reasoning behind the name was kinda egotistical. And his FAQ makes him come off as a bit of a short temper. I know he's not, or at least I think so. But still, probably not a good thing that the FAQ makes you look like a bit short tempered.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8841 on: August 02, 2010, 02:16:26 am »

The only place to read 20th Century Boys(That i know of) was shut down right in the middle of my reading it.

SON OF A BITCH.

One Manga died today. RIP, One Manga.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8842 on: August 02, 2010, 02:25:07 am »

Oh well, you live and you learn. I don’t think it will be any big loss if I get banned. My injustice-o-meter is going off and it makes me want to do something but I can learn to ignore it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8843 on: August 02, 2010, 02:25:30 am »

I was about to suggest that you complain to someone higher up when I read that the guy who browbeat you  was the someone higher up. Anyways, don't sweat it. If the community is run and populated by orifices, then it's no big loss. I think that bans should be taken philosophically -it's not like there's a shortage of generic boards around.

(I recall the first time I got banned from a board. It was the "north american chatroom" -was more like a board than a chatroom, really-, moderated by a rather pretentious guy called "Fats". It must have been in 1997-98 or so. Whoah, time flies.)

edit: ninjaed
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8844 on: August 02, 2010, 03:22:17 am »

Spoiler: D: (click to show/hide)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8845 on: August 02, 2010, 03:24:12 am »

What the fuck is that?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8846 on: August 02, 2010, 03:24:59 am »

That would be Kisume.
She lives in a bucket.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8847 on: August 02, 2010, 03:25:50 am »

I was about to suggest that you complain to someone higher up when I read that the guy who browbeat you  was the someone higher up. Anyways, don't sweat it. If the community is run and populated by orifices, then it's no big loss. I think that bans should be taken philosophically -it's not like there's a shortage of generic boards around.

(I recall the first time I got banned from a board. It was the "north american chatroom" -was more like a board than a chatroom, really-, moderated by a rather pretentious guy called "Fats". It must have been in 1997-98 or so. Whoah, time flies.)

edit: ninjaed

I remember a certain Ages of Empires 2 forum that was viciously moderated by the most uncaring, unfeeling administrator I had ever come across before or since. I am very sure that were was nary a thread that didn't have someone being warned or punished for something trivial and arbitrary. My time there was short, to say the least.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8848 on: August 02, 2010, 03:32:37 am »

That would be Kisume.
She lives in a bucket.

What? But? What?

Okay... why does that make you sad?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8849 on: August 02, 2010, 03:42:59 am »

Have you looked at the picture? D:
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 8167