Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9478719 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8820 on: August 01, 2010, 06:23:14 pm »

There was a program mentioned on the forum a few months ago, back when I was planning my post-apocalyptic D&D campaign that never happened.  It was a hex-based campaign tool that provided pretty much everything a D&D player needed:  Map-making, weather, monster ideas, all of it.

I can't remember what it was called, and I don't have it anymore.  That makes me sad.
Shoes...

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: August 01, 2010, 06:24:37 pm »

Gametable and RPTools are the only things I can think of.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: August 01, 2010, 06:34:27 pm »

It wasn't either of those, it was pretty obscure.

Cowofdoom may have been the one to post it, I'm not sure.
Shoes...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: August 01, 2010, 07:55:09 pm »

My dad kicked me off in the middle of my Happy Thread post to watch Big Brother.

My emotion level: :) :) :) :( :( :( >:( >:(
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Austinthecat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: August 01, 2010, 09:15:44 pm »

My eighteen year old cat died today. That made me sad.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8825 on: August 01, 2010, 09:18:26 pm »

Googled something, downloaded, clicked the icon, didn't even check to notice the name wasn't even right, got a virus.

Herp derp.
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: August 01, 2010, 10:47:41 pm »

Well, we had our last play session for the summer today--so as I hoped, it'll just be gone now.  No need for any messiness, and it can just look like "growing apart due to physical distance," rather than my deciding I didn't want to play.

I don't mean to be intrusive Vector, but can you give an example of how he's stuck his foot into your game group? Like, something specific?

Using the DM as a replacement goldfish (friend-wise) and then proceeding to hang out with all the group members but me.

The one time he asked me to come over for anything, he ganged up on me in Munchkin with the DM (... I still won.  It was a 3p game) and spent a large amount of time having an excluding conversation, thus establishing myself as a member of the out group.

The basic result is that he's reformed the group in a new image, and now I'm out of it.  As my mother says, it's kind of like we divorced and he got the puppy >_>

Jeez, Vector. Here's a bit of advice from myself:
You date only those people who make you feel good. Keep it simple.

Duly noted, and trust me--lesson learned.  I thought people just were this way, and I was just going to need to put up with it.  Hopefully, I'll be able to find friends in college.  Maybe I'll even be able to find a good person to date before I turn 50 ._.;;

Vector simply stated that she would be easily overpowered, and I gave a legitimate offer to overcome that problem. I'd be willing to extend that offer to anyone, even if I thought that they had more experience fighting than I.

Thank you for the offer, but I'm fine (and don't have the money to travel to Michigan, anyway).  "I can't beat people up" was mostly an excuse to cover for "I really don't like getting in fights."

I'm actually okay at fighting, weak and tiny as I am, but it's so unpleasant that I do whatever I can to avoid it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: August 01, 2010, 11:19:33 pm »

This. This made me sad today. Never EVER code before vacation, forget about what you were coding, and come back to continue on said code w/o re-checking the old stuff. Oh gods the horrors. It's pretty much a zerg infestation in terms of the number of bugs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: August 01, 2010, 11:44:31 pm »

Thank you for the offer, but I'm fine (and don't have the money to travel to Michigan, anyway).  "I can't beat people up" was mostly an excuse to cover for "I really don't like getting in fights."

I'm actually okay at fighting, weak and tiny as I am, but it's so unpleasant that I do whatever I can to avoid it.

That's cool. It's not for everyone. I prefer the tournament environment, but hey, do what you like and don't let anyone stop you. If they try to, kick their asses.

...or not. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: August 01, 2010, 11:53:10 pm »

I was working on an image when GIMP crashed...
I was thiiiiiiiiis clooooooose, too. D:

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: August 02, 2010, 01:26:08 am »

I am sad today.

I was on the Gaint in the Playground forum when I came across a person asking for help. Apparently the group he is in is in a contest with their DM. The DM tries to kill them and they try to survive. So basically he was asking for optimization help. The first six responses were basically "You are screwed, the DM can kill you when ever he wants." They were completely ignoring the intent of the op so I said.
Pro tip guys, it is sometimes a good idea to read the OP and not make assumptions from the title. Sure it only helps around 99% of the time but it is still a good idea.

This is not to say I personally can help, I am sub par at best when it comes to optimization and would not even be posting here if it was not for the fact that it seems everyone is ignoring what you said.

The sarcasm was apparently too harsh so I got 100 infraction points. (a third of a way to a ban)

This is even though after my post people started helping the op with what he asked.

Edit: Also the message I got from the mod was... unprofessional to say the lest.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 01:27:48 am by Criptfeind »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: August 02, 2010, 01:39:38 am »

Man, they need better mods.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: August 02, 2010, 01:50:58 am »

I am sad most of all because it seems like the mod who did that is in fact the highest ranking mod they have.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: August 02, 2010, 01:52:47 am »

Wait, you mean besides The Giant himself? Or... was it Rich Burlew who gave you a personal smackdown?

You know, they probably disliked you for challenging that board's prevailing philosophy - that the DM's word is law.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: August 02, 2010, 01:53:50 am »

I forgot how to say sead- GOD DAMMIT

FUCK YOU BRAIN.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 8167