Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486398 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8730 on: July 31, 2010, 10:12:19 pm »

Judging from what you've said, good choice.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8731 on: July 31, 2010, 10:22:42 pm »

Assholes will eventual get sucked into themselves, give it time.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8732 on: July 31, 2010, 10:25:30 pm »

He sounds like a classic sociopath.

In other newse, myne TwoCannesandStringe venturinges have lede me to straynge playces.  I am currentlie conversinge with a faire ladie who doth desyre me to showe her myne "junke"

I did sende her a payntinge of an Oriental fishinge vessele, but she doth appere to want to view myne claymore.

Vile strumpet.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:28:20 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8733 on: July 31, 2010, 10:29:25 pm »

He kicked me out of my own goddamned friend group and is doing whatever he can to make me need him again.  ...  It's especially bastardly because he doesn't think the other friends I have really exist.

How exactly are both of those things possible?  Even in a metaphorical sense.  I don't doubt that the guy is a serious dick, but I think I'll try taking a sword to your Gordian jackass problem, and say that you may have made too big a thing of him.  Your circle of friends being dysfunctional and scattered is certainly a bad thing (and believe me how I know), but how much could one guy actually have to do with that?

I'm not saying he's not a dick or anything, he totally is.  I'm just saying you may have been ascribing too much concern to him, and it kinda sounds like you still are.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:30:59 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8734 on: July 31, 2010, 10:30:02 pm »

I was having another go at Livestream so I could so a stream of my first go at Doom II when the sound broke both horribly and rather extensively. I think I'll need to update these audio drivers to make them work now, because I'm getting garbled audio no matter what I do.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8735 on: July 31, 2010, 10:53:55 pm »

It must be the cacodemons

laughing

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #8736 on: July 31, 2010, 11:01:33 pm »

No, Duke. You are the audio drivers.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8737 on: July 31, 2010, 11:21:56 pm »

My god, my Jazz sounds both creepy and awesome now. It's like heavy metal Jazz. I'll put off repairing my drivers 'till I hear all of this.

And screw you livestream, I'll look for a better streaming service. All you do is fuck up my audio in strange and terrible ways.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8738 on: July 31, 2010, 11:24:28 pm »

My god, my Jazz sounds both creepy and awesome now. It's like heavy metal Jazz. I'll put off repairing my drivers 'till I hear all of this.

Fire up Audacity or something and record that shit, we all want to hear it.  Jazz randomly distorted so badly it sounds like good music in a completely different genre - you may have stumbled onto a whole new way to make music.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8739 on: July 31, 2010, 11:27:32 pm »

I don't think it's a possibility. My mic is screwed up by this and I don't think Audacity will record this correctly, not like I can che-
 Heading towards my sisters laptop now.

Edit: I have a large box of cables of perhaps every type that is utterly useless to me in any way, and that is all I got. I don't have a good audio setup here, and while my sister has some decent equipment and more than likely a few cables it's too late at night to sneak into her room to get some.

And as amusing as this stuff is it seems to be limited to just a few songs that were awesome anyway. Screw it, driver updating time.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:34:33 pm by Duke 2.0 »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8740 on: July 31, 2010, 11:30:37 pm »

Dude, just take a double ended cable and plug your output into your input.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8741 on: July 31, 2010, 11:34:19 pm »

I'm a little surprised it's not possible to just record whatever happens to be playing, completely internally.  I'm not sure why it wouldn't be.  A double ended cable is an equally sensible idea, but I've never seen a double ended audio cable, and I can't fathom why anyone would ever need one outside of this very unique circumstance.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8742 on: July 31, 2010, 11:35:53 pm »

All cables have two ends. Just saying.

And audio techs use those sorts of cables for connecting all their various macguffins.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8743 on: July 31, 2010, 11:37:43 pm »

Double ended cables are ridiculously useful.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8744 on: July 31, 2010, 11:39:59 pm »

On further consideration, I am complete and utter fool.  There's a double ended audio cable sitting right on my fucking desk.  I don't know what came over me there.

I think it was just a flashback to my long and ultimately fruitless search for a double-ended USB cable (i.e. both ends the same).
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 8167