Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473079 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8400 on: July 22, 2010, 10:38:11 pm »

Yeah, usually people aren't 'first day'.

What happened?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: July 22, 2010, 10:42:49 pm »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: July 23, 2010, 03:33:46 am »

My razor broke and I have a hideous neckbeard.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: July 23, 2010, 02:04:50 pm »

My parents tried to get me to program for my aunt, who owns a flash game site for small children and makes money off ads. What made me sad is how I'm the only one that can see programming as a creative medium.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: July 23, 2010, 03:23:41 pm »

It's my mom's birthday, which means she's going to be a total pill for the rest of the day and go out of her way to be irritating.  Fabulous.

Also, I may end up needing to pay my way through part of college.  This isn't a gigantic problem, but it's more stress I don't need.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: July 23, 2010, 04:11:12 pm »

The Girl Who Played With Fire kind of sucked. Especially in comparison to the exceptionally good The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I mean, it was a well-made movie, but convoluted as shit. I'm tempted to read the books and see how closely the movies followed along, but either way that was a disappointing follow-up.
Havent watched the movies, but the books jumped the shark with the second one, IMO. The first book was a passable murder mystery, even if the main characters were a bit Sue-ish. The second one started with the really wild stuff like
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: July 23, 2010, 04:46:25 pm »

Huh, so that's what getting fired feels like. Gonna try to avoid that again...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: July 23, 2010, 06:15:32 pm »

Damn. My attempt to fix my schedule by staying up far later than usual and then sleeping 'early' was defeated by a 16-hour snooze. I don't think I changed anything.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: July 23, 2010, 06:56:55 pm »

Damn. My attempt to fix my schedule by staying up far later than usual and then sleeping 'early' was defeated by a 16-hour snooze. I don't think I changed anything.
Something similar happened to me. Yesterday I went to sleep in the afternoon, after having been awake for 24 hours. I was woken up four hours later when some friends showed up at my door, making my dog flip shit. Got home and went to sleep at midnight, woke up at five am, went to sleep at seven, woke at five pm. I blame how fucking hot it is in my room, since the air conditioner is broken. >:|
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: July 23, 2010, 07:19:52 pm »

I don't even care anymore.  I feel asleep at 10am today and woke up at 8pm.  Not going to bed again no way.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: July 23, 2010, 08:31:44 pm »

The Girl Who Played With Fire kind of sucked. Especially in comparison to the exceptionally good The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I mean, it was a well-made movie, but convoluted as shit. I'm tempted to read the books and see how closely the movies followed along, but either way that was a disappointing follow-up.
Havent watched the movies, but the books jumped the shark with the second one, IMO. The first book was a passable murder mystery, even if the main characters were a bit Sue-ish. The second one started with the really wild stuff like
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, the first movie was like "The world is a dark place, and this rich family is pretty messed up." The second one was like "Every male in the series who is not Michael is a sadistic rapist, and probably related to Liz." I kind of feel like the author didn't have any ideas for the second book so he just added a bunch of random crap in and made connections for no reason.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: July 23, 2010, 11:21:10 pm »

So...
Bored...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #8412 on: July 23, 2010, 11:44:56 pm »

I thought the Mount & Blade demo just would cap you at level 8 and stop you from leveling up any further. Instead, it kicked me out of the game :(.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: July 23, 2010, 11:52:37 pm »

I thought the Mount & Blade demo just would cap you at level 8 and stop you from leveling up any further. Instead, it kicked me out of the game :(.

If it didn't you could literally do everything that a person who bought the game could.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #8414 on: July 24, 2010, 12:06:07 am »

Nuh-uh, eventually you'd be so far under-leveled that you'd get your ass kicked every time you tried to fight a dude.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 8167