Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471350 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8325 on: July 19, 2010, 12:55:52 pm »

Not one, but TWO forgotten beasts (I have about 5 running around at this point) got into my garbage shaft/pump stack. While one was distracting my quickly drafted dwarves, the other ran all the way down my pump stack and destroyed all of them. 25 z levels of pumps now need to be rebuilt. :(

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #8326 on: July 19, 2010, 05:50:52 pm »

I was on twocansandstring and put up a question where I asked people to tell me a story.

One of the stories was a huge monolithic block of text.  My eyes were bleeding at the end.  If that weren't bad enough, it was "erotic"

Warning:  Technically NSFW

I say technically because I doubt anyone looking over your shoulder could make heads or tails of it, it'd probably look like you ate an encyclopedia and threw up all over the monitor.  Still has bad words, and will put a lot of strain on your eyes.
I was dating my brother friend? What is a brother friend? Also, what's a virging?
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: July 19, 2010, 05:59:04 pm »

Not one, but TWO forgotten beasts (I have about 5 running around at this point) got into my garbage shaft/pump stack. While one was distracting my quickly drafted dwarves, the other ran all the way down my pump stack and destroyed all of them. 25 z levels of pumps now need to be rebuilt. :(
Is the above referring to the following?
I was on twocansandstring and put up a question where I asked people to tell me a story.

One of the stories was a huge monolithic block of text.  My eyes were bleeding at the end.  If that weren't bad enough, it was "erotic"

I say technically because I doubt anyone looking over your shoulder could make heads or tails of it, it'd probably look like you ate an encyclopedia and threw up all over the monitor.  Still has bad words, and will put a lot of strain on your eyes.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: July 19, 2010, 10:00:26 pm »

It made me sad today that I lost yet another soccer game because half of my team doesn't care anymore. We make the US national team look good.

Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8329 on: July 20, 2010, 04:20:18 am »

I was dating my brother friend? What is a brother friend? Also, what's a virging?
Possibly as verging on the mentally ill.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: July 20, 2010, 04:52:02 am »

I had to pay for the free pack of cigarettes I got friday. It was only three dollars, but I now have only $14 to my name. >:(
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: July 20, 2010, 05:14:29 am »

I had to pay for the free pack of cigarettes I got friday. It was only three dollars, but I now have only $14 to my name. >:(

You had a grand total of $17 in savings and you buy a pack of cigarettes? That makes me sad, but for different reasons than yours :\

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8332 on: July 20, 2010, 05:56:15 am »

I had to pay a friend back for the pack, which he'd picked up for me friday, while I was too busy to go to the smoker friendly before it closed and buy it myself. I was hoping he'd forget/believe that I'd given him the money then. Of course, it's not like I have anything else to spend what little I have left on... :/
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #8333 on: July 20, 2010, 10:44:15 am »

Been working on a roleplaying world project for a couple/few years now, and after almost-sort-of getting the original team back together a month or so ago, there's now only myself and two others, one of which hasn't worked on the project before. I also finally got a campaign to test out the new stuff we've been working on, but I haven't heard from the others and it's almost time for classes again which will destroy my activity and productivity.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: July 20, 2010, 11:09:29 am »

Is the above referring to the following?

Nope.

Also this: http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-07/house-nasa-bill-cuts-funding-commercial-space-could-undermine-senate-white-house-compromise
Essentially, the House committee sees the $9 billion already spent on the Constellation program as being irresponsibly wasted, and therefore claims NASA is obligated to see it through.
We just wasted $9 billion on Bush's over-ambitious, underfunded space program! The best choice is obviously to continue wasting money on a program which would be too expensive for NASA to operate with its current budget!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 02:12:16 pm by alway »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8335 on: July 20, 2010, 02:56:42 pm »

Sunk costs?  Don't give me that astrophysics mumbo-jumbo, egghead!

Scientists...
Shoes...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8336 on: July 21, 2010, 04:31:00 am »

No MSPA for a week.

:|

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: July 21, 2010, 04:48:35 am »

No MSPA for a week.
:|

My sleep, it is ruined.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: July 21, 2010, 05:47:04 am »

That is incredible.
I look like AT.

Except when Andrew draws him. Except then.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8339 on: July 21, 2010, 05:58:52 am »

Note that three of them still haven't been seen, except for some swimming goggles.  Kinda ruins the Last Supper go-to ref without them.  I guess the artist will work them in as a group later.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 8167