Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9468266 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8205 on: July 15, 2010, 03:20:27 am »

Hehehe, woke up at 9pm.  That's what happens I guess.
My sleeping schedule is fuuucked. Can you think of anything that caused yours? Two weekends ago I was kept up by what felt like food poisoning, and last week was from seemingly nothing at all. Now I can't sleep this week or this weekend.

Do you have any reason to get up at a set time in the morning? I find that when I regularly have to get up in the AM for work/class I hardly sleep because I don't start to get tired until about the time I ought to get up, but when I have no reason to get up my days tend to be about 22 hours awake and 4-6ish hours asleep, so I kind of slowly push the time that I sleep back by 2-4 hours a day and have something of a rotating schedule.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: July 15, 2010, 03:38:34 am »

Teenagers biologically stay up later and sleep in later.

That's all I know.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: July 15, 2010, 05:39:51 am »

Do you have any reason to get up at a set time in the morning? I find that when I regularly have to get up in the AM for work/class I hardly sleep because I don't start to get tired until about the time I ought to get up, but when I have no reason to get up my days tend to be about 22 hours awake and 4-6ish hours asleep, so I kind of slowly push the time that I sleep back by 2-4 hours a day and have something of a rotating schedule.
Some people (don't have any statistics or anything on how many) do this naturally. I remember a documentary/reportage about this old guy here in Sweden, a farmer or something farmerish, who lived according to his own "25 hour a day" schedule. That is, he slept when he got tired and got up when he was rested, continually pushing the time when he got up/to bed forward with an hour or so every day. That meant that every so often, he would be up at night instead of during the day, and didn't suffer the usual side effects of being awake/working during night time.
Though, this guy didn't have a real job or anything, so he didn't have any times to catch (on a side note; that is how you say it, right? "Time to catch"? I feel very unsure suddenly and my favourite translator couldn't help much either way). And I'm not saying being a farmer isn't a "real job", just that he wasn't a "real" farmer - I believe he was a pensioner and only did it because he wanted to.
Love, scriver~

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: July 15, 2010, 05:48:23 am »

I myself need to have a steady schedule to wake and sleep to, or else I drift into sleeping only when I'm dead tired, turning into a 20-hours-awake 12-hours-asleep schedule.  And I hate doing that, because I lose track of huge blocks of time, not to mention what day it is.  Even living on a 24 hour schedule but sleeping at weird hours, like in the afternoon, turns every week into one long day, because everyone around me is living a normal schedule, while I'm effectively taking an eight-hour nap in the middle of the day.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: July 15, 2010, 06:05:51 am »

I lose track of huge blocks of time, not to mention what day it is.  Even living on a 24 hour schedule but sleeping at weird hours, like in the afternoon, turns every week into one long day, because everyone around me is living a normal schedule, while I'm effectively taking an eight-hour nap in the middle of the day.
This sounds like a pretty exact description of my last 15 years. I feel fine, but I'm not sure it's exactly healthy...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: July 15, 2010, 06:06:38 am »

That looks amazing.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: July 15, 2010, 09:08:22 am »

Yeah, using a stretched schedule really gives you a lot more free time. Even the crazy hard assignments I can usually leave off to what most people would find to be "the last minute" as while they're working until maybe 3am and then going to bed, I can work all night (for like, 5-6 extra hours), hand it in, then take a nap before my next class. You feel kinda nuts (as Aqizzar mentioned it becomes REALLY goddamn hard to tell what day it is) but there are perks.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: July 15, 2010, 10:09:27 am »

I was happily playing Cave story, when I looked at a guide (waahh Im nub) and scanned it, searching for tips on boss X and so on. I then scanned over a part mentioning Curly. I had
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DERP DERP DERP

I'm restarting the whole game so I can SAVE THE FUCK OUTTA THAT GAL.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #8213 on: July 15, 2010, 11:22:35 am »

I was happily playing Cave story, when I looked at a guide (waahh Im nub) and scanned it, searching for tips on boss X and so on. I then scanned over a part mentioning Curly. I had
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DERP DERP DERP

I'm restarting the whole game so I can SAVE THE FUCK OUTTA THAT GAL.
DERP
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: July 15, 2010, 11:23:39 am »

Just finished Assassin's Creed II.

BAAAD ENDING. VERY BAD ENDING.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: July 15, 2010, 11:27:48 am »

I lose track of huge blocks of time, not to mention what day it is.  Even living on a 24 hour schedule but sleeping at weird hours, like in the afternoon, turns every week into one long day, because everyone around me is living a normal schedule, while I'm effectively taking an eight-hour nap in the middle of the day.
This sounds like a pretty exact description of my last 15 years. I feel fine, but I'm not sure it's exactly healthy...

Ugh... I just managed to sleep through both alarms set to wake me up for class this morning, due to the very same problem. Sounds like there needs to be some schedule-repair among folks. Maybe we could make a group to help quit staying up odd hours and sleeping 12 hours, somewhat like groups of smokers who want to quit do.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: July 15, 2010, 11:38:35 am »

As friendly and pointless as that sounds, I'm stuck with my midday sleeping schedule for the next month, and weird hours after that until I graduate and kick my night job.  Christ, this sucks.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #8217 on: July 15, 2010, 12:32:58 pm »

Just finished Assassin's Creed II.

BAAAD ENDING. VERY BAD ENDING.
Good, I'm not the only one who hated that ending.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: July 15, 2010, 01:03:12 pm »

Ugh... I just managed to sleep through both alarms set to wake me up for class this morning, due to the very same problem. Sounds like there needs to be some schedule-repair among folks. Maybe we could make a group to help quit staying up odd hours and sleeping 12 hours, somewhat like groups of smokers who want to quit do.

Insomniac-aholics anonymous?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: July 15, 2010, 01:11:05 pm »

Insomniac-aholics anonymous?

I can quit whenever I want.
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 8167