Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471462 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8160 on: July 13, 2010, 11:13:47 pm »

...I still can't fall asleep.

It's been 35 hours now since I woke up Monday at 1pm.  Somebody consult me.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8161 on: July 13, 2010, 11:42:25 pm »

...I still can't fall asleep.

It's been 35 hours now since I woke up Monday at 1pm.  Somebody consult me.
:sucker punches ToonyMan:

That ought to do it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8162 on: July 13, 2010, 11:45:46 pm »

I'm just going to watch Wakfu with Duke.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8163 on: July 14, 2010, 12:04:53 am »

I want to buy some Warhammer stuff, then i realize that i don't know anyone who plays it, it costs so much money and it most likely won't keep my interest.

Then i want to buy it again. Gah.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8164 on: July 14, 2010, 02:41:14 am »

Now I feel terrible for making that post.

No, don't put up with that.  Even if everything he said about that was true, that doesn't entitle him to come in and screw up your day.  Just let it wash past, and move on.  If there's that many problems going on, you'd be able to recognize them yourself.

If that is the case, well, then that's the case.  But it sounds like he was just dumping stuff on you.

What Aqizzar said. If he intentionally came in, screwed up your day and did not treat you with respect, being sad about himself does not justify him doing that. Don't let him get you down.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8165 on: July 14, 2010, 03:06:29 am »

I'm a little torn right now.

This post marks hour 39 of not having any sleep.  I don't feel slower or more dim witted and I'm doing my best not to be naive or foolish like always.  No one could even tell today I had no sleep.  I know this is bad for your health, but I want to know when not having sleep actually effects you.  It looks like the main problem is that neurons in your brain don't regenerate and your immune system gets weaker and weaker.  Now that's pretty bad, so I've decided to go to sleep (if I'm able) because dying is not a pretty thing.  I'm just letting it be known that it's near the 40 hour mark and I'm not tired and my speech is not slurred.  Sure my judgment is probably off but that would be impossible for myself to see.  Same thing with being drunk, heh.

Let's see if I can get to sleep now.  Face, welcome to pillow.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8166 on: July 14, 2010, 03:14:01 am »

I'm a little torn right now.

This post marks hour 39 of not having any sleep.  I don't feel slower or more dim witted and I'm doing my best not to be naive or foolish like always.  No one could even tell today I had no sleep.  I know this is bad for your health, but I want to know when not having sleep actually effects you.  It looks like the main problem is that neurons in your brain don't regenerate and your immune system gets weaker and weaker.  Now that's pretty bad, so I've decided to go to sleep (if I'm able) because dying is not a pretty thing.  I'm just letting it be known that it's near the 40 hour mark and I'm not tired and my speech is not slurred.  Sure my judgment is probably off but that would be impossible for myself to see.  Same thing with being drunk, heh.

Let's see if I can get to sleep now.  Face, welcome to pillow.

It's not a big deal. Sure, not sleeping for a week will harm you, but missing it for a few days won't do anything besides make you tired and weaken your immune system by a rather inconsequential amount.

I should know, I'm a programmer. :P

Try daydreaming. That usually gets me into a reduced state of consciousness. Think about SPACE, THE FINAL FRONTIER.
Also, try watching one of Helloween's Let's Plays. I always get tired watching those for some reason.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 03:15:49 am by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8167 on: July 14, 2010, 03:20:28 am »

Check that nobody has been spiking your environment with stimulants...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8168 on: July 14, 2010, 03:23:29 am »

Try to get to 76 hours so that you start hallucinating. I only made it to 57.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8169 on: July 14, 2010, 03:54:53 am »

I've beat that a few times (76), not intentionally nor happily. And yeah, there reaches a point when you really have no goddamn idea what you're looking at or doing or anything. It's all very surreal.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8170 on: July 14, 2010, 04:15:48 am »

I've beat that a few times (76), not intentionally nor happily. And yeah, there reaches a point when you really have no goddamn idea what you're looking at or doing or anything. It's all very surreal.

I've come close.  I never actually stayed awake for 76 hours straight, but I did pull a nearly week-long all-nighter, with just a couple hours of sleep here and there.  By the end of it, yeah it takes a good shock or intense concentration to even really comprehend what's in front of you.  I had another episode like that of getting barely any sleep for a week, and at the end of five days of that actually woke up involuntarily screaming after an hour nap, because I didn't want to be awake anymore.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8171 on: July 14, 2010, 04:19:36 am »

What is it with you people? Sleep is the greatest thing, the best thing.

I rise at an ungodly hour though, with no reason to. Make of that what you will.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8172 on: July 14, 2010, 04:21:43 am »

What is it with us people?  College, that's what.  You'll find out soon enough.  The real pros develop a biological on/off switch, and can fall asleep anytime anywhere and wake up on command.

I'm not that pro.  I know a guy that can sleep in the middle of conversations though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8173 on: July 14, 2010, 04:55:30 am »

God damn do I want to be able to do that.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8174 on: July 14, 2010, 06:11:34 am »

I can only do long car trips. Oh, and if I sit wedged in a corner, I can pass under the radar for a few hours.

It kind of gets you to the point where you take sleep where possible.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 8167