Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471567 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8145 on: July 13, 2010, 11:23:15 am »

That's kind of an oxymoron.

It's totally possible to be worried about one thing and end up apathetic for everything else.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8146 on: July 13, 2010, 11:27:45 am »

http://movies.ign.com/articles/110/1105482p1.html
Why?
Are they seriously so out of ideas they're making a movie out of Asteroids?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: July 13, 2010, 11:32:11 am »

http://movies.ign.com/articles/110/1105482p1.html
Why?
Are they seriously so out of ideas they're making a movie out of Asteroids?

Meh, if they make a good movie it'll be a good movie no matter what it's based on. If they make a bad one, same thing except they'll make asstons of money off of stupid people.

I dunno why you can't just browse TVTropes for a while and then write a script from what you see. I've done that sometimes.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: July 13, 2010, 11:50:21 am »

I dunno why you can't just browse TVTropes for a while and then write a script from what you see. I've done that sometimes.
Nah, just use the Rule of Cool. If done well enough, nothing else matters.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8149 on: July 13, 2010, 12:07:13 pm »

The thought that I won't see my cats for 17 weeks, and that there's a very real possibility that my eldest cat, Joey, won't be alive when I get back.  :'(
Even the avatars expire eventually.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8150 on: July 13, 2010, 12:24:46 pm »

They made a film out of Clue and it was awesome.

The thought that I won't see my cats for 17 weeks, and that there's a very real possibility that my eldest cat, Joey, won't be alive when I get back.  :'(
:[

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: July 13, 2010, 05:52:42 pm »

I woke up about half an hour ago.
But it's okay because I had an awesome 3 hour long dream that took place in a town filled with Touhou characters.

Fuck it, the dream was too awesome to make me sad.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8152 on: July 13, 2010, 06:31:59 pm »

So I was having an alright day, a little tired from all the rain and the massive walk we had earlier. And then out of nowhere my dad comes downstairs and begins a lecture about some subject I forgot already. So after around five minutes of that he starts to move to the door when he turns around and begins a lecture on a completely different and no more interesting subject. He did this around 15 times. Each subject is something we have already been over numerous times, each time he did it like I had never heard of these ideas before and that I lacked the mental capacity to understand him. The whole thing lasted around 45 minutes judging from my computer clock. He asked questions like "So what do you think?" and "What do you plan to do?", but never expected or wanted me to answer them opting to continue blabbering. By the end I was almost asleep from the utter lockup, unable to do anything else but pay attention to this crap for almost an hour with no interaction whatsoever. And reassurance that he does not care what I say or thinks of me as intelligent enough to understand simple concepts.

I'm probably overreacting to this, but it really wears on me and my body was visibly reacting negatively to the whole thing. He just gave me a funny look and continued on. Makes it hard to convince myself that he cares.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8153 on: July 13, 2010, 06:44:02 pm »

So I was having an alright day, a little tired from all the rain and the massive walk we had earlier. And then out of nowhere my dad comes downstairs and begins a lecture about some subject I forgot already. So after around five minutes of that he starts to move to the door when he turns around and begins a lecture on a completely different and no more interesting subject. He did this around 15 times. Each subject is something we have already been over numerous times, each time he did it like I had never heard of these ideas before and that I lacked the mental capacity to understand him. The whole thing lasted around 45 minutes judging from my computer clock. He asked questions like "So what do you think?" and "What do you plan to do?", but never expected or wanted me to answer them opting to continue blabbering. By the end I was almost asleep from the utter lockup, unable to do anything else but pay attention to this crap for almost an hour with no interaction whatsoever. And reassurance that he does not care what I say or thinks of me as intelligent enough to understand simple concepts.

I'm probably overreacting to this, but it really wears on me and my body was visibly reacting negatively to the whole thing. He just gave me a funny look and continued on. Makes it hard to convince myself that he cares.
You just described my relationship with my dad in a nutshell.  He tends to complain about how he was beaten with a board as a kid and we have no idea how lucky we are. I remarked during one of the rare pauses that getting beaten would be preferable to hour long lectures on why I shouldn't insult my sister.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8154 on: July 13, 2010, 06:45:10 pm »

My Dad....he uh has a jeep and he's proud of me.  Yeah.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: July 13, 2010, 07:03:08 pm »

He came back for another lecture, this time on something that was really bumming him out. He wasn't angry at anybody and didn't try to explain why it was a problem, he was just telling me how broken-down he was over everything. How the weight of his world, this family, is resting rather precariously on his shoulders.

Now I feel terrible for making that post.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8156 on: July 13, 2010, 07:05:08 pm »

I think you can guess what my family dynamics are.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: July 13, 2010, 07:07:33 pm »

He came back for another lecture, this time on something that was really bumming him out. He wasn't angry at anybody and didn't try to explain why it was a problem, he was just telling me how broken-down he was over everything. How the weight of his world, this family, is resting rather precariously on his shoulders.

Sounds like your dad is a pro at that manipulation thing.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: July 13, 2010, 07:59:07 pm »

No, don't put up with that.  Even if everything he said about that was true, that doesn't entitle him to come in and screw up your day.  Just let it wash past, and move on.  If there's that many problems going on, you'd be able to recognize them yourself.

If that is the case, well, then that's the case.  But it sounds like he was just dumping stuff on you.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8159 on: July 13, 2010, 09:14:22 pm »

The maker of Zelda: UO has decided to give up on the series, and has even abandoned the Newgrounds profile it was on.  Says he wants to get views from original work, as opposed to getting views just because it's a Zelda series.  And what amazing animations are on his new profile?  Movies about fart jokes.

:'(

Zelda: UO wasn't the most amazing thing in the world, but it had a lot of potential :/
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 8167