Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473482 times)

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8010 on: July 08, 2010, 01:15:37 am »

The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8011 on: July 08, 2010, 01:16:29 am »

MY LIPS ARE BLEEDING AND I'M TRYING TO EAT A APPLE.

CURSE YOU FRUIT.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8012 on: July 08, 2010, 01:18:07 am »

Bloody apples...
Too bad it's probably infected...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8013 on: July 08, 2010, 02:28:24 am »

The electricity in my room just went out, let me go check if it's just because the circuit breaker blew...
Yep, let me go fix that.  Thought we didn't pay the electrical bill or something.

All better...except I have to set my alarm clock again.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 02:35:45 am by ToonyMan »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8014 on: July 08, 2010, 03:03:25 am »

Wow, Toony's house looks familiar... *checks next door neighbour*
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #8015 on: July 08, 2010, 03:40:20 am »

Toony's in your neighborhood, using your internets.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8016 on: July 08, 2010, 04:14:24 am »

Birth Certificate Location: Master Bedroom Closet
Bank Books: Master Bedroom Closet
Jewelry Containers: Master Bedroom, Sister's Room
Creaky Floors: Entire Kitchen
Spare Keys: None
Mother's maiden name: Rahman
Expect a visitor soon. A dark one. With a gun.

:P

Badly done. You should have stated something on the lines of "Your horoscope says that you'll soon meet a tall, dark stranger. With a gun."
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8017 on: July 08, 2010, 06:25:07 am »

MY LIPS ARE BLEEDING AND I'M TRYING TO EAT A APPLE.

CURSE YOU FRUIT.

The more I think about it the more convinced I am you have oral herpes.
Did we ever get a confirmation on that theory, by the way?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: July 08, 2010, 06:28:06 am »

Well, I'm ticked off by a similar situation, but I know it isn't herpes.  I have two giant painful welts on my tongue, one on each side.  I got them by chomping on my tongue while eating.  The first was bad enough, because I was eating salty spicy food and it swelled up.  The second I bit my tongue way in the back with my molars, that kind of bite where you feel it all the way down your neck, and you nearly black out like you just got upper-cutted to the jaw.

I can barely talk without slurring because of how dysfunctional my tongue is, and it's been like this for a day now.  Dammit.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8019 on: July 08, 2010, 10:58:15 am »

Well, it certainly isn't Lupus.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8020 on: July 08, 2010, 11:21:16 am »

Seeing as I have the Steam service updated and running again, my old games (still on machine), some work, others can't work (unable to play 'offline' mode), and several are incapacitated to the point of there would be no point in playing them (need updates, or require being online to make full use of).

The only games on the list that actually work are Audiosurf (remains playing as a full version, provided I play on offline mode; at least that...), GTAIV (Thanks to it's independent servership), and Zeno Clash (but I would have to start from the beginning), as well as Evil Genius (from the last time I tried testing games out). All that aside, everything else doesn't work (a great majority of them are "Not ready to work offline", even if running them from their native directory), and I'm waiting for a response from Steam about my re-purchasing. I think a reason they're rejecting my card is because of the prior account. So, all things considered, I want back, I ought to shell out tons for a small purchase loss because my bank is greedy as hell. I withdraw the chargebacks, I'll have to pay the overdrafts, and can be hit with possible fraud and have to pay a fee for my actions.

On the bright side, I'm motivated as hell to play the lottery (scratch-offs and Powerball) and aside my job's monotony and annoyance, getting better work as well has motivated me to get my ass moving on attempting freelancing once more and actually commit to it. Thank goodness I am picking up the 'B'rush again. I figured, at the minimum rate I can allow myself to charge my clients, combined with my work income, and any winnings from the lottery stuff (provided I win more than I spend), I could fund raise myself into a comfortable position to get everything cleaned up and clean up the slate. At this rate, the clean slate I'm starting anew with, may have some scratches on it. I hate how this is still biting me in the ass.

Thanks to my talk with my sisters' friend, I also learned how/why the bank was so greedy. In the past, I have overdrafted a few times (I was new to having a bank account), but I reliably repaid them. But back then, overdraft fees were within the $20-$40 range; but when the Steam fiasco occurred, the bank stealthily increased their overdrafting fees to ridiculous proportions of $100-$200, even for insignificant overdrafts. And yes, the upped chargings occurred around the time I overdrafted. How would one describe "Dick Move"? As far as I know, this is a good example. And yes, I never received any documents regarding such a policy change from the bank either.

Anyway, my overall goal to recover these looks like having to earn (on top of my current funds) up to $750-$1500 (minimum to settle the initial fiasco/The maximum to feel relatively safe in case any additional fees appear). See why scratch-offs and lottery are listed among my fund-raising tactics? I'm lucky enough, those can help out a great deal. But still, doing freelance design work ought to be a primary means (and primary job anyway, with my current job to serve as support) of income.

Curse my pride and sorta-greed. But I want this issue gone for good. It's been lingering for long enough.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8021 on: July 08, 2010, 11:33:46 am »

On the bright side, I'm motivated as hell to play the lottery (scratch-offs and Powerball)

Just when I thought this saga had taught you a valuable lesson about personal finances :/

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8022 on: July 08, 2010, 11:53:06 am »

See why scratch-offs and lottery are listed among my fund-raising tactics? I'm lucky enough, those can help out a great deal.

Making decisions about your money based on the completely nonexistent forces of luck? And this is luck which isn't even slightly influenced by good decision-making input, lotteries are just pure luck.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8023 on: July 08, 2010, 11:56:42 am »

On the bright side, I'm motivated as hell to play the lottery (scratch-offs and Powerball)
Just when I thought this saga had taught you a valuable lesson about personal finances :/
Don't worry. I wouldn't go overboard with it. It would be more like a weekly budget of 10 bucks tops to spend on it. So 10 $1s, 5 $2s, 2 $5s, or a $10; or the big lottery tickets, and whatever to fill in the blanks that remain (so maybe a 5 and a 1 or something like that; depending on how many numbers, and if I get a winning multiplier for the tickets). I win, good, I lose, save it for next week. At least I'm being more reasonable about this method. Plus, severely limiting the lotto use would keep me motivated to do the freelancing more anyway. It'd be considered like a random event to occur if I succeed, and any income will be part of my main value (for paying bills and such) until I reach the minimum wanted amount, then I'll setup a reserve fund.

I learned the lesson, but all things considered, I've gotten frustrated enough to actually get my career moving for real this time. Regard it as my way of balancing the scales. Because of my recklessness and irresponsibility and laziness over time; I'm finally motivated beyond reason to be more responsible (and take the hit like a man) and put myself to serious work and build up my income and finances with a random chance of having my income boosted (provided the winnings are a decent amount; after all, I have won $100 from a $1 scratch-off before). Plus, I've gotten really sick of my current job and am finding any means and reason to get the hell outta there. I mean, tracking my income after a year passing during my highest income; I'm earning half the amount at my peak time than I did last year. If anything, my current job might as well serve as support while I work on my higher-priority and get a better job which suits my needs and skills. That being doing Graphic Design work, and more comfortably, freelancing it.

Basically, the lotto stuff is a booster if it succeeds, if not, then not much is lost, and this is only a weekly drawing. So my paychecks can take one for the team, I can still pay off my bills, and I can still progress nonetheless. My bank account has plenty in it to keep me supported (bills and everything). I mean, I have recklessly played the lotto and scratch offs before, budgeting myself to 10 bucks weekly is a good limit to provide. Plenty of shots, not too much in expenses, and I have the random chance of a speedy jump in my income once in awhile; and the expense rate is reasonably slow compared to my income rate utilizing this budget limit.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 12:07:23 pm by Itnetlolor »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8024 on: July 08, 2010, 12:04:57 pm »

Don't worry. I wouldn't go overboard with it. It would be more like a weekly budget of 10 bucks tops to spend on it. So 10 $1s, 5 $2s, 2 $5s, or a $10; or the big lottery tickets, and whatever to fill in the blanks that remain (so maybe a 5 and a 1 or something like that; depending on how many numbers, and if I get a winning multiplier for the tickets). I win, good, I lose, save it for next week. At least I'm being more reasonable about this method.

(10 (U.S. dollars / week)) * 40 years = $20,871
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 [535] 536 537 ... 8167