Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476130 times)

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7935 on: July 05, 2010, 01:38:28 pm »

What? Why would you want to plug your PC into a television? Not only is that already possible with the right sort of TV, but a good monitor can have just as good, if not better, resolution than most TVs.

A gigantic screen. My friend's brother has played computer games on his 40+ inch HDTV. It is very impressive. I'm not quite sure how this article indicates anything to be alarmed about.

Other than Bobby Kotick's unbearable $15-million-bonus face.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: July 05, 2010, 02:23:00 pm »

I'm actually on my TV right now. And have been for as long as I've been on the forums. That's not the bit I'm sad about.

I'm sad that now they will pressure PCs into consoles, losing what make the PC a unique platform in the first place. This doesn't sound good to those of us who already knew you could hook up your PC to a TV.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: July 05, 2010, 02:30:29 pm »

What? Why would you want to plug your PC into a television? Not only is that already possible with the right sort of TV, but a good monitor can have just as good, if not better, resolution than most TVs.

A gigantic screen. My friend's brother has played computer games on his 40+ inch HDTV. It is very impressive. I'm not quite sure how this article indicates anything to be alarmed about.

Other than Bobby Kotick's unbearable $15-million-bonus face.
The screen is bigger, but it usually not as high-res as you could otherwise get. The only difference is you have to sit farther back and the need for a larger space in which to park it. A good computer monitor will cover just as much of your field of vision as a good tv monitor, no matter the size. The "1080p" touted as being a wonderous thing is 1920x1080. Checking on newegg, a TV like that would cost you on the order of half a grand. A PC monitor with that same resolution (higher dpi, smaller size) I saw on there for $150. Same veiwing experience, less room required to have optimal viewing distance, and less expensive. That is why monitors are better. :)

As for what is scary about it, the article title. "Kotick to be new best friend of the PC?"
Also what Karne said. "Streamline interfaces" just means idiots can do what they want, and those who are more advanced competent not-pants-on-head-retarded users can go take a hike. A hike through the horribly designed "advanced" menu which now contains everything which used to be easy to find[1].

[1] See Also: Windows Vista
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 02:33:43 pm by alway »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: July 05, 2010, 02:31:57 pm »

The HDTV I'm ordering is a 24-inch 1080p for only $200.  I could hook it up to my desktop if I wanted.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: July 05, 2010, 02:35:41 pm »

Ya, but I'm talking about the larger TVs. A 24" 1080p TV is essentially the same as a computer monitor.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: July 05, 2010, 02:36:49 pm »

We did a special thing in school today, I knew nobody in the class. Tons of (borderline) retards and pikeys in the class aswell, teacher did their homework for them, then they got the credit aswell. I had to work with ultra stupid ultra religious kid and a midget with ADHD. I had to do the whole thing on my own. I hate retards.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: July 05, 2010, 02:45:34 pm »

We did a special thing in school today, I knew nobody in the class. Tons of (borderline) retards and pikeys in the class aswell, teacher did their homework for them, then they got the credit aswell. I had to work with ultra stupid ultra religious kid and a midget with ADHD. I had to do the whole thing on my own. I hate retards.
Step 1: bring something shiny to distract the ADHD kid, this will keep it from bothering you too much
Step 2: get in a political/religious debate with the religious kid; this will either cause them to get so angry you can easily get the teacher to remove them from your group or cause their brain to explode; at the very least it will keep them distracted with very little required brainpower on your part
Step 3: work on your project; either in peace or while simultaniously crushing idiotic attempts to argue religion/politics with you
Or if all else fails, pretend you are an idiot, do yours when no one is looking, hand it in saying the others didn't help at all, and giggle to yourself as they get a stern talking to. Bwahahaha

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: July 05, 2010, 03:07:30 pm »

Step 1: bring something shiny to distract the ADHD kid, this will keep it from bothering you too much
Step 2: get in a political/religious debate with the religious kid; this will either cause them to get so angry you can easily get the teacher to remove them from your group or cause their brain to explode; at the very least it will keep them distracted with very little required brainpower on your part
Step 3: work on your project; either in peace or while simultaniously crushing idiotic attempts to argue religion/politics with you
Or if all else fails, pretend you are an idiot, do yours when no one is looking, hand it in saying the others didn't help at all, and giggle to yourself as they get a stern talking to. Bwahahaha

ADHD kid I just let her draw shit, thats all.
If I say anything that goes against the kids views (I once said fuck and he told me to stop it right now) he says "LOL I TROLL REPORRT YOU".
Whenever I vote a kid out of the group for doing jackshit or just being orwellian towards the group the teachers say "no you cant do that" and the kids complain. Most bullshit response I heard was from my History teacher to some retard whore that no one likes. He said to the girl after we told her that we werent going to put her name in the credits because she did jackshit that "Dont worry, your the thread that keep the group together, they need you".

My reaction:

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: July 05, 2010, 03:11:13 pm »

How often do you feel the need to try to kick a kid out of your group?  Maybe your school is just full of derps, but only once have I been in a group where a member wasn't pulling their weight, and everyone else in the group was just as inexperienced with this kind of thing.

One person's being a tard, shame on them.  Everyone's being a tard, confer with non-tards and make sure that it's not a No John You Are The Demons situation.  Nothing sucks more than No John You Are The Demons.
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: July 05, 2010, 03:13:52 pm »

"Dont worry, your the thread that keep the group together, they need you".
Maybe she thought having someone to all be mad at counts as 'needed'?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: July 05, 2010, 03:17:14 pm »

my aunt has cancer  :(

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: July 05, 2010, 03:19:09 pm »

Its only been 3 times I think, we where asking her to write down a short summary on how oil was created in PowerPoint. My school is full of derps, even some of the substitute teachers are retarded. Most kids arent retarded its just that I was put in a really retarded group of kids. Just a month left. That sucks Ed, hope she gets better.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 03:27:33 pm by Huesoo »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: July 05, 2010, 03:24:47 pm »

That sucsk
Oh Nooooooooooo! You're becoming one of them!!

And very, very sorry about your grandmother, Ed. Good luck.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: July 05, 2010, 04:49:21 pm »

my aunt has cancer  :(

:[  I sympathize.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: July 05, 2010, 06:27:32 pm »

I get to go to my Grandma's house so my parents can have the night to themselves.
Who has no internet.
Who lives right down the street (at least for the summer) so I'd see her anyways.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 8167