Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477041 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7815 on: July 02, 2010, 03:25:27 am »

This melatonin's really messed me up, man.  I can't sleep at all.  If I lie still for more than a few seconds it feels like there's this charge building up in my brain, and I can't think at all once it's built up.  The only way to get rid of it is to move, but it just comes back.
Shoes...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: July 02, 2010, 04:02:27 am »

are you sure it's the melatonin? You might have sinusitis.

(That being said, I am somewhat skeptical as to the wonderful properties of sleep induction that people report of these melatonin supplements.)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: July 02, 2010, 04:07:41 am »

Oh, it was great when I first took it.  I was fully awake for about an hour and as soon as I lied down it hit me like a brick.
Shoes...

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #7818 on: July 02, 2010, 05:23:10 am »

That is exactly what happens to me when I take a sleep aid, The first few times, it knocks me out, after about a week, it just keeps me up more.
The reverse happened for coffee, I started drinking it every morning, and it kept me awake for a while, but after about a week it started to make me even more tired.
Maybe I should drink coffee at night and take a sleep aid in the morning.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: July 02, 2010, 05:33:08 am »

coffee does the same to me too. Unless it's really, really strong.
Love, scriver~

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: July 02, 2010, 06:13:04 am »

I can never tell if coffee is having any effect on me. I'm naturally a morning person. The whole yawning thing starts around 11:30, long after my last cup of coffee.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: July 02, 2010, 01:43:25 pm »

One time I made some stuff that I drank. I could run a whole lot faster and got better at math. After about three hours I got all paranoid and stuff for a few minutes. Unpleasant, but worth it.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: July 02, 2010, 01:48:26 pm »

I've got a hombrew energy/stimulant drink. It's like tea, but with peppermint leaves and shredded orange rind.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: July 02, 2010, 01:49:10 pm »

Coffee makes me feel almost the same as when you're over-tired. Except you get a little shakier fingers. And instead of being mellow and giggly you end up stressful and giggly.

edit: For a moment there I thought it said shredded orange mind.
Love, scriver~

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: July 02, 2010, 01:51:09 pm »

One time I made some stuff that I drank. I could run a whole lot faster and got better at math. After about three hours I got all paranoid and stuff for a few minutes. Unpleasant, but worth it.
Wait, isn't that crack cocaine? exept with a longer withdrawl. Are you addicted to this new energy drink? Do you belive you can stop at any time you want? Try.

:( We're concerned for you Schilcote

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: July 02, 2010, 02:05:18 pm »

I've got a hombrew energy/stimulant drink. It's like tea, but with peppermint leaves and shredded orange rind.
So it's tea with mint and orange rind in it? Or using mint and orange rind instead of tea leaves?

Some friends of mine made a tea-like drink with pipe tobacco, some random leaves they pulled off bushes, and something else, I forget what. They said it didn't taste too bad, and someone else who was with them at the time drank most of it. No one died, so it wasn't poisonous, at least. I wasn't present for this, but they wouldn't shut up about it for a few days.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: July 02, 2010, 02:13:18 pm »

Someone I knew in college did something like that trying to get high.  He had a heart attack and almost died.
Shoes...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: July 02, 2010, 02:29:31 pm »

Like tea, without actual tea. Just peppermint and orange. It has a really, really sharp taste. You get the orange first, and then the peppermint is a really long-lasting aftertaste.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: July 02, 2010, 03:27:39 pm »

My introduction into "college drinking" was me and my main friends hanging out with a slightly older friend.  We made cocktails out of scotch and Tang.  It would have been vomit inducing, if we weren't so jazzed on cheap machismo and drinking competition that we couldn't puke in front of each other.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: July 02, 2010, 03:28:27 pm »

I didn't fall asleep until 7am this morning, I laid in bed for awhile.  Waking up at 3pm is horrible.
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 8167