Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9478005 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7785 on: July 01, 2010, 02:14:52 pm »

My barber assumed 'clean it up a bit' somehow referenced my beard instead of my haircut. Since I'm a glasses guy and took them off for the cut, I didn't notice the razor moving towards my face until it was too late. He shaved a bit off all of a sudden, and while I immediately freaked out and stopped him from doing more, the symmetry was already broken. We tried a few shorter and shorter styles, but I'm really a full-beard-only kind of guy, facial-hair-wise... so now I'm beardless again :\ Admittedly I had only started growing it in late April, but I don't want to deal with the itchiness all over again... I dunno, I guess I'll stay like this a while.

It's just that lately the forum has had a habit of getting into headbutting matches over stuff like this where two parties who aren't interested in changing their viewpoint sit there grinding their foreheads together angrily until someone (Namely Toady or ThreeToe) pulls them apart.

Yeah, I feel the same way. There's been like 10 of these threads in the last month (perhaps more; but I've only peered in at 10). It makes me not want to post in the thread even if the topic is interesting because all that's left of the initial discussion is posting links to long-winded articles and e-peen measuring.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: July 01, 2010, 02:16:44 pm »

You could try actually reading some of the articles, bro. They're actually informative. But, walls of text.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: July 01, 2010, 02:18:40 pm »

It's just that lately the forum has had a habit of getting into headbutting matches over stuff like this where two parties who aren't interested in changing their viewpoint sit there grinding their foreheads together angrily until someone (Namely Toady or ThreeToe) pulls them apart.

:|

"lately"? That sounds like everywhere on the internet since the dawn of there being places on the internet. Of course, most of the debates I've seen here have been more civil than most debates I've both had with and witnessed between friends, including the ones that get locked/deleted. Which leaves me to wonder exactly who is freaking out about the ones that aren't outright flamewars (even when it's just the same points being made ad infinitum), unless it's just one or both sides being petty and reporting their opponents for disagreeing with them.

Of course, then there are people like (REDACTED) who flame and ridicule others, and remain untouched, when civil, intelligent individuals like Neruz :'( get banned for being flamed by avowed trolls...

Besides, as was pointed out, it's neither a discussion (being a brief statement of fact) nor technically about piracy (since it's about unknown artists using/considering filesharing as a means of advertising).
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: July 01, 2010, 02:20:44 pm »

Ein's avatar IGNOIEFNF{IOFNN{ON NO. NOO.

This is not your Yukkiri place! Noooo!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: July 01, 2010, 02:23:54 pm »

You could try actually reading some of the articles, bro. They're actually informative. But, walls of text.

I don't mind reading a few articles, but if the whole thread is one guy posting three articles that support him and then the next guy posts another three articles that support HIM and so on there's not much point. I usually try and read a few, but frankly you can find an article on just about anything that proves you right, so I hate when people start just article-dumping to try and validate their aggressive uncompromising argument.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: July 01, 2010, 02:25:15 pm »

I don't mind reading a few articles, but if the whole thread is one guy posting three articles that support him and then the next guy posts another three articles that support HIM and so on there's not much point. I usually try and read a few, but frankly you can find an article on just about anything that proves you right, so I hate when people start just article-dumping to try and validate their aggressive uncompromising argument.

In that case, I hereby propose that all articles cited from now on be from The Onion. That way, everyone wins.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: July 01, 2010, 02:29:19 pm »

Ein's avatar IGNOIEFNF{IOFNN{ON NO. NOO.

This is not your Yukkiri place! Noooo!

For some reason, this post becomes more unintelligible the more you try to understand what is being said.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: July 01, 2010, 02:33:51 pm »

In that case, I hereby propose that all articles cited from now on be from The Onion. That way, everyone wins.

CONCUR'd

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: July 01, 2010, 02:36:57 pm »

I don't think he's coming back guys. He was pretty set on his ideas about himself and he wasn't doing anything to change things to make his situation any better. Not to mention he didn't feel important or whatever here so even if he was around he might just not be associating with here anymore.

Long time no response but oh well!

Awwww you guys still think about me.

Basically, I took some time off from the internet. All kinds of stuff happened very suddenly in my life, including A) getting psychological help (yay therapist), B) getting medical help (yay Lexapro), and C) getting emotional help (yay girlfriend). I check on stuff every now and then, but these days, I'm too busy having real-life friends and doing real-life things that are all aimed at raising my problematic self-esteem. As you can see, I am getting enough free time now to check in here, though! So hi everyone. Miss you lots sometimes.
Well, some of you.

HI REASONABLE

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: July 01, 2010, 02:38:08 pm »

there's not much point.

Exactly.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: July 01, 2010, 02:44:39 pm »

Why it is completely impractical for more than one person to use a constant internet connection at this house:

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: July 01, 2010, 03:01:33 pm »

Let's stop discussing piracy and look at highly disturbing imagery.

http://vimeo.com/12771369

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: July 01, 2010, 03:12:17 pm »

:o
 :(
*deceased smiley*
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: July 01, 2010, 03:56:13 pm »

Let's stop discussing piracy and look at highly disturbing imagery.

Maybe he's torrenting something legally?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: July 01, 2010, 03:57:13 pm »

Why do people never consider that possibility?
There are even games that are torrented legally.
Like MechWarrior 4.
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 8167