Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477886 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7770 on: July 01, 2010, 11:46:33 am »

Good to see you aren't dead Reasy. I thought the bears had gotten you.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: July 01, 2010, 12:12:17 pm »

People downloading music makes me sad. If they download popular music, I am sad because they are listening to bad music, and if they don't, I am sad because an artist who cares about their music does not get money.
You do realize that less popular bands profit more from the free advertising that provides than any sales that might be lost because of it, right? Someone tells you to listen to some band you've never heard of before, are you going to go out and drop $10+ on their albums, or are you going to go download their music (and then there's the fact that if they've got a deal with a recording studio they're making jack shit on cd sales to begin with, so it's not as though your money would go to them in the first place)? If you like the music, there's a decent chance you'll either buy their albums or go to their concerts, and if you don't, how is it any different from hearing it on the radio and not liking it?

Hey guys, let's have the exact same argument with the same exact points being brought up for the ten millionth time.

And that makes me sad.
Shoes...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: July 01, 2010, 12:18:54 pm »

Yeah, all arguments for or against piracy have been said already, far too much. Now, let us return to our regularly scheduled piratehunt. *Grabs pitchfork from the pile*
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: July 01, 2010, 12:27:32 pm »

Heh, I was like "I should totally reply to that guy... but then again, there's really no point".

Schil's Maturity stat went up!
Schil's Wisdom stat went up!
Schil leveled up!
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: July 01, 2010, 12:35:41 pm »

People downloading music makes me sad. If they download popular music, I am sad because they are listening to bad music, and if they don't, I am sad because an artist who cares about their music does not get money.
You do realize that less popular bands profit more from the free advertising that provides than any sales that might be lost because of it, right? Someone tells you to listen to some band you've never heard of before, are you going to go out and drop $10+ on their albums, or are you going to go download their music (and then there's the fact that if they've got a deal with a recording studio they're making jack shit on cd sales to begin with, so it's not as though your money would go to them in the first place)? If you like the music, there's a decent chance you'll either buy their albums or go to their concerts, and if you don't, how is it any different from hearing it on the radio and not liking it?

Hey guys, let's have the exact same argument with the same exact points being brought up for the ten millionth time.

And that makes me sad.
Just remember that the "free advertising" point for lesser known bands is a point the artists make themselves. It's just like radio, only without paying off DJ's to play a new bands songs (which is one of the benefits signing to a label had: they'd pay stations to play your music, and convince critics to review it and such).
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7775 on: July 01, 2010, 01:18:52 pm »

And that makes me sad.
Just remember that the "free advertising" point for lesser known bands is a point the artists make themselves. It's just like radio, only without paying off DJ's to play a new bands songs (which is one of the benefits signing to a label had: they'd pay stations to play your music, and convince critics to review it and such).

Just remember to shut the hell up we don't want this discussion  here, make the 50th piracy thread if you'd like so everyone can go CAPSLOCK ANGRY in it rather than here.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: July 01, 2010, 01:20:31 pm »

Before we get into a heated piracy discussion, that current download is a giant pack of images.
The others aren't important right now.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: July 01, 2010, 01:22:17 pm »

Hurray Reasonableman is....wait, is he a Steam guy or something? I'm not in the mood for a quick previous post stalk.

Nuff said about piracy.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: July 01, 2010, 01:23:16 pm »

I don't know who Reasy is.

Bed without supper. Now.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: July 01, 2010, 01:31:22 pm »

Not till I know why, master!
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: July 01, 2010, 01:50:32 pm »

And that makes me sad.

Just remember to shut the hell up we don't want this discussion  here, make the 50th piracy thread if you'd like so everyone can go CAPSLOCK ANGRY in it rather than here.
Someone's grumpy now isn't he?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: July 01, 2010, 01:53:22 pm »

It's just that lately the forum has had a habit of getting into headbutting matches over stuff like this where two parties who aren't interested in changing their viewpoint sit there grinding their foreheads together angrily until someone (Namely Toady or ThreeToe) pulls them apart.
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: July 01, 2010, 01:56:22 pm »

Don't you need ninjas to have a piratehunt?
I thought torches and pitchforks were only for witchhunts.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: July 01, 2010, 02:01:33 pm »

We have enough pirates to hold a ninjahunt.

Anyway, it appears many people do not know who Reasonableman is.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: July 01, 2010, 02:03:37 pm »

Anyway, it appears many people do not know who Reasonableman is.
Which is really weird. I mean, he hasn't been gone THAT long.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 8167