Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477060 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7755 on: July 01, 2010, 02:19:09 am »

That's a great idea. thanks. :D
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: July 01, 2010, 02:36:15 am »

Can't sleep
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: July 01, 2010, 02:39:19 am »

Me too, but I'm used to it and it no longer bothers me.

Anyway, my internet connection is still shit, but now it's getting incredibly frustrating.

My maximum download speed is about 40kb/s.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: July 01, 2010, 04:33:44 am »

That looks like a torrent downloader.

That's Illegal! I'm telling on you!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: July 01, 2010, 04:47:25 am »

Depends on what you're downloading. Don't be jumpin' to conclusions now.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: July 01, 2010, 04:54:19 am »

Me too, but I'm used to it and it no longer bothers me.

Anyway, my internet connection is still shit, but now it's getting incredibly frustrating.

My maximum download speed is about 40kb/s.

My maximum download speed is about 5 KB/s. I'd kill for 40... D:
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: July 01, 2010, 05:06:16 am »

He said the magic words!

Grab yer torches and pitchforks! It be witchhuntin' time.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7762 on: July 01, 2010, 07:14:23 am »

He said the magic words!

Obviously, the only way to determine if he's a pirate or not is to weigh him against a duck.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: July 01, 2010, 07:31:19 am »

About 90% of the people on this forum are admitted pirates, and many are damn proud of it (for numerous reasons, foremost because there's jack shit wrong with it, for reasons that have been reiterated and reiterated but never seem to sink into some people). Given that, at 40 KB/s there was still over a day left on the download, I feel it's safe to assume it was more than a gigabyte left, which would imply it was a game, or high definition (or shitty telesync) movie.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7764 on: July 01, 2010, 08:06:53 am »

I sometimes get a whole meg on my torrent client Legal downloads.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: July 01, 2010, 08:47:36 am »

He said the magic words!

Obviously, the only way to determine if he's a pirate or not is to weigh him against a duck.
What? No, pirates sink when they walk the plank, so clearly they are not made of wood. Instead, seeing as you are what you eat, I propose we weigh him against a barrel of rum.

About 90% of the people on this forum are admitted pirates, and many are damn proud of it (for numerous reasons, foremost because there's jack shit wrong with it, for reasons that have been reiterated and reiterated but never seem to sink into some people). Given that, at 40 KB/s there was still over a day left on the download, I feel it's safe to assume it was more than a gigabyte left, which would imply it was a game, or high definition (or shitty telesync) movie.
You think logic will stop a witchpiratehunt!?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7766 on: July 01, 2010, 09:46:33 am »

People downloading music makes me sad. If they download popular music, I am sad because they are listening to bad music, and if they don't, I am sad because an artist who cares about their music does not get money.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #7767 on: July 01, 2010, 10:06:37 am »

I don't think he's coming back guys. He was pretty set on his ideas about himself and he wasn't doing anything to change things to make his situation any better. Not to mention he didn't feel important or whatever here so even if he was around he might just not be associating with here anymore.

Long time no response but oh well!

Awwww you guys still think about me.

Basically, I took some time off from the internet. All kinds of stuff happened very suddenly in my life, including A) getting psychological help (yay therapist), B) getting medical help (yay Lexapro), and C) getting emotional help (yay girlfriend). I check on stuff every now and then, but these days, I'm too busy having real-life friends and doing real-life things that are all aimed at raising my problematic self-esteem. As you can see, I am getting enough free time now to check in here, though! So hi everyone. Miss you lots sometimes.
Well, some of you.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: July 01, 2010, 10:09:36 am »

People downloading music makes me sad. If they download popular music, I am sad because they are listening to bad music, and if they don't, I am sad because an artist who cares about their music does not get money.
You do realize that less popular bands profit more from the free advertising that provides than any sales that might be lost because of it, right? Someone tells you to listen to some band you've never heard of before, are you going to go out and drop $10+ on their albums, or are you going to go download their music (and then there's the fact that if they've got a deal with a recording studio they're making jack shit on cd sales to begin with, so it's not as though your money would go to them in the first place)? If you like the music, there's a decent chance you'll either buy their albums or go to their concerts, and if you don't, how is it any different from hearing it on the radio and not liking it?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: July 01, 2010, 11:44:23 am »

I don't think he's coming back guys. He was pretty set on his ideas about himself and he wasn't doing anything to change things to make his situation any better. Not to mention he didn't feel important or whatever here so even if he was around he might just not be associating with here anymore.

Long time no response but oh well!

Awwww you guys still think about me.

Basically, I took some time off from the internet. All kinds of stuff happened very suddenly in my life, including A) getting psychological help (yay therapist), B) getting medical help (yay Lexapro), and C) getting emotional help (yay girlfriend). I check on stuff every now and then, but these days, I'm too busy having real-life friends and doing real-life things that are all aimed at raising my problematic self-esteem. As you can see, I am getting enough free time now to check in here, though! So hi everyone. Miss you lots sometimes.
Well, some of you.
Hey! reasonableman's back!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 8167