Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9489025 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7560 on: June 27, 2010, 12:11:23 pm »

It's to Creepypasta what Delta Green is to Call of Cthulhu.

It's alright, but like anything where anyone can contribute, people with no talent regularly wiggle their way in and some go undetected.

Another bad one that somehow has a positive rating is 76.  It's a thing what fights good, a thing what joins a secret coalition of secret soldiers, and is overall boring and lame.

I, however, am a much better SCP.  I'm clever and funny while also maintaining that creepy feel.

Able is good because he's so cliched. It makes him easier to write. The admins of the SCP wiki are quite aware of the pros and cons of their format. It even says in some of their writing guides that they don't know why 76 works, but he does. I think it's just because you have to have something that people will be familiar with. Tropes Are Not Bad, Originality is Overrated.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7561 on: June 27, 2010, 03:38:54 pm »

Call of Pripyat's sound is so bad, it makes the game harder.

The guns all sound like they're going off inside a mattress, and that sucks.  The old STALKER it felt like I was right in the thick of things.  It got my blood pumping and I really felt like I was being shot at, which put me in danger mode and allowed me to fight goodlike.  I'm horrible at Call of Pripyat because the sounds are so weak.
Shoes...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: June 27, 2010, 04:50:21 pm »

Use the S.M.R.T.E.R mod.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: June 27, 2010, 06:30:31 pm »

Mom threw a fit today.  What about?  She wanted me to turn off the lights in the room she was standing in because her arms were full, and I refused because I was playing League of Legends.  She could have turned the lights off with her elbow or something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: June 27, 2010, 06:43:06 pm »

I would have helped my Mother.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: June 27, 2010, 06:55:24 pm »

Yeah dude, she's probably not pissed about the fact that you didn't help so much as that you think playing video games is a good reason not to help. Hitting a light switch does not sound like the hardest thing for you to do.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: June 27, 2010, 07:01:48 pm »

I believe it was a joke.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: June 27, 2010, 07:03:33 pm »

I do not think so.

The main purpose of a joke is to be funny.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: June 27, 2010, 07:05:39 pm »

Well if it isn't im with you guys on this, but I can't believe anyone is that stupid.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: June 27, 2010, 07:25:58 pm »

Depends. He said she wanted him to turn off the lights in the room she was standing in. We do not know how large his house is or how far away she was. And it doesnt take too much effort to put something in the floor and press the switch either.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: June 27, 2010, 07:27:46 pm »

Depends. He said she wanted him to turn off the lights in the room she was standing in. We do not know how large his house is or how far away she was. And it doesnt take too much effort to put something in the floor and press the switch either.

Depends on the flooring material I guess...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: June 27, 2010, 07:28:40 pm »

Depends on the flooring material I guess...
All of this is rendered moot with a pause button.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: June 27, 2010, 07:29:25 pm »

I disagree. Distance is still a factor.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: June 27, 2010, 07:32:32 pm »

If the mother is within calling distance, distance is not a factor unless they have a PA system. And if you both have a house so big you can't yell across it AND have a PA system then get the maid to do it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: June 27, 2010, 08:02:49 pm »

Leaving things on the floor to press the switch is not a factor, either. Besides, I am the son of the wind and rain, thunder beckons and I heed the call.
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 8167