Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439631 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7065 on: June 16, 2010, 07:20:23 pm »

Oh hey what is that no license for another year? Everyone else already has their license? I started a year early and will be a junior before I drive? Life is not fair.

Time to drop a bombshell.  I didn't get my driver's license until after my 18th birthday.  My state demands either professional Driver's Ed (which I couldn't afford), or verifiable teaching by a parent with a big booklet thing (which I couldn't keep my Dad sober enough to do).  So I had to wait until I was a legal adult until I could legally drive.  Wasn't a big impediment really, although not having a car in High School is a pretty big chick repellent (not that I needed the help).
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: June 16, 2010, 07:22:34 pm »

I got to drive at 16!

... Into a (Formerly solid) dog. And a tree.

Yeah I can barely get my licence back now.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: June 16, 2010, 07:28:33 pm »

I'm a college freshman and I still don't have my license. I'm only 18, but still. The reason: I can't be bothered to get it. There really isn't anywhere I ever need to drive.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: June 16, 2010, 07:29:25 pm »

We could have it worse; Germans have to pay something on the order of $2000 for the privilege of driving. Half this country wouldn't be driving were that the case over here. 
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: June 16, 2010, 07:31:46 pm »

They should really do that.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: June 16, 2010, 07:35:07 pm »

Right? Teens and others would probably drive a hell of a lot more carefully if they had to fork over that kind of cash.

Then again, Germany is about, what, physically 1/10th the size of the US? Many have argued we need easier access to driving privileges because we need to travel farther in general over the course of our lives as Americans.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: June 16, 2010, 07:38:59 pm »

No.  If we do not drive from an early age, we will never be ready to defend ourselves and AMERICAN and FREEDOM when the apocalypse comes, in our all-american vintage muscle-cars.  Because AMERICA.  FREEDOM.  Muscle cars.  Yeah.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: June 16, 2010, 07:42:16 pm »

Right? Teens and others would probably drive a hell of a lot more carefully if they had to fork over that kind of cash.
You can fix a lot of things that require being careful if you stick a big fine on it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: June 16, 2010, 07:42:35 pm »

No.  If we do not drive from an early age, we will never be ready to defend ourselves and AMERICAN and FREEDOM when the apocalypse comes, in our all-american vintage muscle-cars.  Because AMERICA.  FREEDOM.  Muscle cars.  Yeah.

Mad Max is calling you a LIAR.

You can fix a lot of things that require being careful if you stick a big fine on it.

Point taken.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: June 16, 2010, 07:45:03 pm »

We could have it worse; Germans have to pay something on the order of $2000 for the privilege of driving. Half this country wouldn't be driving were that the case over here.
I'm a college freshman and I still don't have my license. I'm only 18, but still. The reason: I can't be bothered to get it. There really isn't anywhere I ever need to drive.

Mt reason for not having a learners permit by 19 is sort of a hybrid of these two reasons. I really have no reason to be driving anywhere other than allow my parents to stay home while I go shopping, and the Metro around here gets me to anywhere outside of biking distance I wish to go. There is also a health insurance hike if your child under 21 has their license I believe, so my parents don't want to spend hundreds of extra dollars for my unused ability to drive.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: June 16, 2010, 07:51:23 pm »

Unfortunately, I live 20-40 minutes away from everything.  I have to have a car and a license.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: June 16, 2010, 07:55:36 pm »

Mad Max is calling you a LIAR.

Everyone knows Australia is America with weirder animals and funny accents.  Besides, even Mad Max was driving a Fold Falcon.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: June 16, 2010, 09:56:19 pm »

Just had another crazy awesome sleep, which is great and all, but checking my texts apparently one of my friends I haven't seen in a few months stopped by and I missed him because I was asleep (it's midnight now, schedule's a bit backwards).

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: June 16, 2010, 10:22:57 pm »

My dad has been through 11 different car accidents, was struck by lightning, and has been shot in the face and is still peachy. He's either the man with the worst luck in the world, or the man with the best luck in the world. Every time he drives it's like a freakin' action movie, with him rampin' crap like Vin Diesel on crack.

So what you're saying is, God hates you Dad so much that he tries to kill him on a yearly basis, but refuses to follow through?

I don't think I'd ride with your Dad. Your chances of winding up as collateral damage sound fairly good :P

I would ride with him.
We would ride the lightning.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: June 17, 2010, 12:28:03 am »

A kid I hate got 140 something thousand points in Millipede, he said so on his status.

I have to do better than that, and I'm not going to bed until I do.

Turns out, though, Millipede is really hard.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 8167