Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441545 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7050 on: June 15, 2010, 09:40:46 pm »

Now for something that actually made me sad.

I stubbed my toe for the 100000000th time.

Goddamn my blindness/dumb luck/god knows what.
:o
If your profile age is corect, that means you stub your toe on averge 13 times every minute, 24/7
I belive in laymans terms, that's called "Painful".
Ahaha. What armok said is closer to the truth than you'd think. My little toes are little squished thingies thanks to my clumsiness.
People who kick in their sleep shouldn't sleep in coffins...
Holding onto the back of a moving car is a bad proposition at the best of times, the absence of footwear does not improve this...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: June 15, 2010, 10:44:36 pm »

Why? What happened?

(Note that I am not an american :D)

Look up the old Marcos speeches. Evil or not, that guy had charisma.

But also he was evil.

I read this book a few years ago, it was about Marcos and Imelda right after he won the presidential elections. I swear, it was almost exactly the same as this other book I read about Prince Charles and Diana. Both authors were desperately trying to convince the reader that, "Yes, he is a very handsome man and will be a great leader."

Except, you know. Charles is like the eternal Prince or something. I mean, King Charles just sounds wrong.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: June 16, 2010, 01:03:14 am »

Now that you mention it, he does have an uncanny resemblance to the way Christopher Walken speaks.

I would love him forever if that was the case.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: June 16, 2010, 01:03:44 am »

Now that you mention it, he does have an uncanny resemblance to the way Christopher Walken speaks.
I would love him forever if that was the case.
It is a dream president we all share.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: June 16, 2010, 01:32:07 am »

Meant to get a full night's worth of sleep.

CURSE YOU TV TROPES T.T

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: June 16, 2010, 01:34:27 am »

SAME HERE ARGH
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #7056 on: June 16, 2010, 03:26:45 am »

The good part is, I woke up feeling fully rested and ready for the day!
The bad part? It's 1 AM... By the time anything important needs to happen, I'm going to be all tired again. Thank you, body.

Also, I can't play HL2 to get any of the new achievements, because of this. People have heads that float separately from their bodies, and their bodies float around and do weird stuff. Combine models will randomly disappear, making them invisible. I have no idea what caused this and reinstalling won't help.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: June 16, 2010, 12:23:22 pm »

Could be something wrong with your graphics card.

Anyway, I drove with my grandpa today for over an hour.  Like most old people, he has no idea what the hell he's doing, and I think I lost five pounds worth of sweat from his constant "Stop!"  "Stop!"  "Slow down!"

When you spend twenty years going ten miles below the speed limit, you lose track of how fast a car can stop.  As a result, he seems to think you need ten car lengths for every ten miles per hour.  I am on edge right now, near the end I was wanting to punch him.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: June 16, 2010, 03:09:33 pm »

Christ I hate driving other people around.  Many's the time I've wound up driving my mother somewhere, often in her car.  Not only is she a pretty crap driver both in going to slow and doing crazy merging stuff (which makes everything she says hypocritical), but beyond yelling "STOP" and "Slow Down!" all the time, she'll actually grab the overhead handles and brace herself against the dashboard and crap, and occasionally even scream if I get to close behind another car.

Nevermind that I practically have to find something to read when she's driving, so I'm not terrified looking out the window.  Then again, I'm one of those people who reflexively stomps on imaginary brakes when riding with anyone.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: June 16, 2010, 04:49:57 pm »

Sometimes my Dad picks me up with his Jeep...and well going down the highway at 90mph in a roofless and doorless vehicle is incredibly frightening, because well even if you're wearing a seat belt you are RIGHT THERE.  I can hardly speak with the noise.  I stay quiet the whole time though because my Dad is a very good driver.  I've actually never been in a car accident.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: June 16, 2010, 04:53:11 pm »

I like those doorless jeeps.
They're lots of fun.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: June 16, 2010, 05:15:31 pm »

They are a ton o fun on nice days.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: June 16, 2010, 06:56:39 pm »

My dad has been through 11 different car accidents, was struck by lightning, and has been shot in the face and is still peachy. He's either the man with the worst luck in the world, or the man with the best luck in the world. Every time he drives it's like a freakin' action movie, with him rampin' crap like Vin Diesel on crack.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: June 16, 2010, 07:02:03 pm »

Oh hey what is that no license for another year? Everyone else already has their license? I started a year early and will be a junior before I drive? Life is not fair.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: June 16, 2010, 07:14:23 pm »

My dad has been through 11 different car accidents, was struck by lightning, and has been shot in the face and is still peachy. He's either the man with the worst luck in the world, or the man with the best luck in the world. Every time he drives it's like a freakin' action movie, with him rampin' crap like Vin Diesel on crack.

So what you're saying is, God hates you Dad so much that he tries to kill him on a yearly basis, but refuses to follow through?

I don't think I'd ride with your Dad. Your chances of winding up as collateral damage sound fairly good :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 8167