Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449174 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #6825 on: June 10, 2010, 12:38:51 pm »

I have a bit of a sore throat, and no OJ to kickstart my immune system. DAMN IT THE STUFF IS USELESS AFTER YOUR ALL THE WAY SICK! >:(
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: June 10, 2010, 01:02:57 pm »

I got about 4 hours of sleep last night, from 3 to 7.
At least I feel better rested than when I get 9 or something.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: June 10, 2010, 01:51:12 pm »

I have a bit of a sore throat, and no OJ to kickstart my immune system. DAMN IT THE STUFF IS USELESS AFTER YOUR ALL THE WAY SICK! >:(
Gargle with a shot of whiskey, proceed to drink it slowly, repeat until your throat is healed.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: June 10, 2010, 03:11:09 pm »

Gargle with a shot of whiskey, proceed to drink it slowly, repeat until your throat is healed.
I'm unable to obtain or stomach alcohol, as I am a minor and a prude.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: June 10, 2010, 03:17:37 pm »

Grab some chopped ginger and toss it in a small pot (on medium heat) with about enough water to mostly fill a large glass. Once it's gently boiling, take it off the heat and squueze a bunch of lemon juice in. Then add honey until it tastes good. Absolutely terrific for throats, and it's a delightful warm drink.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: June 10, 2010, 03:30:11 pm »

I'm unable to obtain or stomach alcohol, as I am a minor and a prude.
Then gargle 80 proof mouth wash (though I believe that also has toxins in it, so you probably shouldn't drink it...). The point is to a) numb the nerves in your throat (coffee also helps with this), and b) wash the infected areas with a mild toxin. It's worked for me in the past, in any case.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: June 10, 2010, 09:27:58 pm »

Just found out my older sister is going to leave for Las Vegas for work for about a month over the summer. She leaves tomorrow morning.

Another sibling heads off. Temporarily, but still. She will be missed.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6832 on: June 10, 2010, 10:19:49 pm »

While I was installing my new power supply, I was also going the extra mile and seeing if I could realign/pop out the new video card and make things more streamline. Well, here are the problems:

-It seems that there's much blocking the brace-lock of the PCI-E card slot ranging from the card itself to a motherboard capacitor. Nothing can reach, nor trigger it
-While I was tweaking with it to re-fit things, I accidentally peeled the plugging of the SATA cord that links my larger hard drive to the motherboard. It was pinned under the graphics card, but freed in a rather violent manner. Took me a good 15 minutes with tweezers to get the plug part out.
-There are still some really stubborn wiring that I can't do anything about so tie that in with the graphics card's own stubborness as well as the fact that it also obscures one of the screws for the motherboard, it is essentially hard-wired into the motherboard. The only other method of removal (if I plan on going to a larger case) may be a little rough.

On the bright side however:
-I have managed to realign all the pins in the frayed-ish SATA cable plug (it was just the pins in a rather bent fashion, no case; a good 15-20 minutes were spent straightening them and mimicking the other end), plug it back into it's case, use same tweezers to hard-pin them back into their slots in the casing, and re[plug it in (risky endeavor), it worked. But still, to be safe, I'll have to replace that cable.
  -It works (all files, the entire drive, and everything works; not a dent in the fender), it's just that I shouldn't nudge it (the end cap) by any means next time I poke around the inside of my machine, despite it finally being freed and in a much better position/slot.
      -Fortunately, the part is the cheapest replacement for my machine thus far.

EDIT:
Sneaky Happiness: I feel like MacGuyver with how, and how well I temporarily repaired my SATA cable. I thought I was screwed for sure. And despite my internet connection being screwed as well, a bit of quick thinking after the SATA fix, I fixed my connection as well rather quickly.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 10:27:42 pm by Itnetlolor »

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #6833 on: June 10, 2010, 10:46:05 pm »

Or just take a swig out of your whiskey flask, and it will instantly heal your sore throat, and any bullet wounds you may have.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: June 10, 2010, 11:23:44 pm »

Or just take a swig out of your whiskey flask, and it will instantly heal your sore throat, and any bullet wounds you may have.
HELL YEAH! :D

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: June 11, 2010, 06:48:36 am »

No, to do that you need to eat uncooked egg whites.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: June 11, 2010, 09:25:08 am »

Hi!

I just wanted to express my horror at hearing what might be an untrained attempt at using a vuvuzela here in the neighborhood. Please, don't let that come true (T_T)
All those corny flags are already bad enough, but at least you can look away... but if they start packing those things (T_T)

HELP!

Deathworks

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: June 11, 2010, 09:37:22 am »

Shogun is acting up on me, not letting me play it, silly game, it's for your own good
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: June 11, 2010, 10:01:24 am »

Tried to play Devil May Cry 3 with an XBOX 360 controller but the analog sticks are reversed and there's apparently no way to fix it.  Good job, Ubisoft.
Shoes...

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: June 11, 2010, 10:04:41 am »

Could you use Joystick 2 mouse 3 for it? You assign the commands to the xbox controller, so you could set the axis to be reversed.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 8167