Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452880 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #6690 on: June 07, 2010, 01:16:26 am »

I had a laptop where the cursor would randomly "stick" to the top-left corner of the screen, resisting all attempts by me to be productive.

Also peterix got banned for (apparently) something egregiously stupid on his part. Like, entire new thread from Toady egregious.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 01:56:51 am by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: June 07, 2010, 02:33:32 am »

The omegle thread was locked. Now, I grew sick of dicking around on omegle months before I even joined b12, and I've also long since grown sick of reading transcripts from it, but the willful ignorance of what omegle even fucking is just royally pisses me off. Having inane conversations with random people is the whole fucking point of omegle. No one, here or otherwise, uses it differently. Omegle threads, both here and otherwise, amount to "hey, post transcripts of funny conversations you've had on omegle".

I don't know, though I strongly suspect, that that was the intended purpose of omegle, but if it wasn't, whoever's behind it doesn't seem displeased with the culture that's emerged around it, seeing as how it's exactly the same today as it was when I first saw it... last year? whenever it was mentioned in xkcd. (actually, that's not true, apparently they've added to it (which really supports the theory that they're happy about what it's become...))
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: June 07, 2010, 04:55:52 am »

I don't disagree with you, but you really should be appealing this to the Adams brothers if you feel that strongly about it.

Blade_Train3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: June 07, 2010, 04:59:17 am »

I woke up and realised it was Monday.
Help Miqo grow!

Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

Groovedbells

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: June 07, 2010, 06:06:02 am »

I didn't go to sleep yet and realized it's monday.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: June 07, 2010, 06:14:04 am »

I just spent two hours reading TVTropes (damn you Strife, for mentioning something that made me link to it), and I need to wake up in five hours to take a shower and go to class.

Ah screw it, none of those things makes me sad.  I enjoyed the read, I'll get plenty enough sleep, and showering is easy peasy with my new shorter hair.

I love been-awake-too-long endorphins.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: June 07, 2010, 07:05:32 am »

Also peterix got banned for (apparently) something egregiously stupid on his part. Like, entire new thread from Toady egregious.

It sounds like he was unbanned.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: June 07, 2010, 07:20:16 am »

I saw, I just felt no need to post it in the sad thread.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: June 07, 2010, 07:23:54 am »

I lost my electric tuner, and all the strings are out of tune on my bass. Time to find a reference note and hope for the best. I guess if I tune one string I can tune all of them.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: June 07, 2010, 08:56:22 am »

I woke up and realised it was Monday.
In addition.  Went to a party of sorts last saturday with old family friends.  First they ask me if I have a job.  I say yes.  Then they ask if I've written anything.  Of course I haven't.  So they nag me about that.  I suspect that even if I ruled the world with an iron fist while writing successful novels and married a wonderful wife and had wonderful children, they'd still find something to nag me about.

Blade_Train3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: June 07, 2010, 11:07:12 am »

Help Miqo grow!

Mana du vortes, mana du vortes
Aeria gloris, aeria gloris

Groovedbells

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: June 07, 2010, 11:43:18 am »

I'm just soooo bored! Gah. Nothing feels worth doing.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: June 07, 2010, 12:44:18 pm »

So yeah. Received my grades for last semester a week before. Two C's, a B and a D in math. I'm going to need to retake that math class. My adviser was positive about it, very confident that I could eventually get into Maryland and do whatever the hell I wanted to do. She eve noticed a pattern that could help me next semester raise my grades. So in leaving a week ago I was confident.

Fuck that if my dad has anything to with it. Just... fuck. And now I'm absolutely torn between blind rage at him propelling me towards getting the grades to get into Maryland just to spite the accusation that I messed up so much that I cannot hope to get in, and the crushing of my soul if that were to happen. I don't want hate. I don't want to be angry at anybody. I don't want to blame the fuckups through my life upon the guy that somehow made me the way I am now. But goddammit if he isn't trying his best to turn me into a psychopath.

And the worst part is? Two levels of defense from ever dealing with this. First is the fact that he doesn't listen. Yeah sure we all get that as a teenager, but I KNOW that he puts no effort into listening. Even if I began to talk about what may be a problem or some confession I may have he just goes blindly into an unrelated problem he remembers I have. Or the most common problem of just not caring, me stopping halfway through a sentence and him responding as if I went through it all in whatever way he imagined. Him asking questions of me but answering them himself a second later. His hour-long speeches at the slightest little peep from me.
 The second problem is if he does hear anything I say. He'll take offense to it, seeing it somehow as disrespect towards him if it is implied that he did anything wrong. JU-

Godfuckshithell.

See, even now I'm going into a mode of blind rage at all this shit. I would rather suffer through this all than become that person. But now my strength is sapped by his almost constant possibly unintended abuse, and I am struggling to fight this person I do not want to be.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: June 07, 2010, 12:50:58 pm »

I envy the few lucky souls who actually do get along with their parents.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: June 07, 2010, 01:44:25 pm »

I just spent two hours reading TVTropes (damn you Strife, for mentioning something that made me link to it), and I need to wake up in five hours to take a shower and go to class.

Ah screw it, none of those things makes me sad.  I enjoyed the read, I'll get plenty enough sleep, and showering is easy peasy with my new shorter hair.

I love been-awake-too-long endorphins.

That's the spirit!

So yeah. Received my grades for last semester a week before. Two C's, a B and a D in math. I'm going to need to retake that math class. My adviser was positive about it, very confident that I could eventually get into Maryland and do whatever the hell I wanted to do. She eve noticed a pattern that could help me next semester raise my grades. So in leaving a week ago I was confident.

Fuck that if my dad has anything to with it. Just... fuck. And now I'm absolutely torn between blind rage at him propelling me towards getting the grades to get into Maryland just to spite the accusation that I messed up so much that I cannot hope to get in, and the crushing of my soul if that were to happen. I don't want hate. I don't want to be angry at anybody. I don't want to blame the fuckups through my life upon the guy that somehow made me the way I am now. But goddammit if he isn't trying his best to turn me into a psychopath.

And the worst part is? Two levels of defense from ever dealing with this. First is the fact that he doesn't listen. Yeah sure we all get that as a teenager, but I KNOW that he puts no effort into listening. Even if I began to talk about what may be a problem or some confession I may have he just goes blindly into an unrelated problem he remembers I have. Or the most common problem of just not caring, me stopping halfway through a sentence and him responding as if I went through it all in whatever way he imagined. Him asking questions of me but answering them himself a second later. His hour-long speeches at the slightest little peep from me.
 The second problem is if he does hear anything I say. He'll take offense to it, seeing it somehow as disrespect towards him if it is implied that he did anything wrong. JU-

Godfuckshithell.

See, even now I'm going into a mode of blind rage at all this shit. I would rather suffer through this all than become that person. But now my strength is sapped by his almost constant possibly unintended abuse, and I am struggling to fight this person I do not want to be.

I think the best solution here is to take a step back and question what you know is right and what you should be doing.
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 8167