Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461062 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #6525 on: June 04, 2010, 10:08:01 pm »

I don't have the paper proving I'm a citizen, which my Dad (who doesn't talk to me) refuses to give me.

In his defense, at least he's sticking by his claim that you're no son of his, and therefore not a legal citizen.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: June 04, 2010, 10:09:14 pm »

That's such a douche thing to say, true or not.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: June 04, 2010, 10:43:17 pm »

Well. me and my friends were having a house party... and everyone passed out pretty early. So now if I go upstairs to grab some food i'm  in danger of waking the people on the couches up, but I'm still drunk and not nearly tired enough to go to bed :\

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: June 04, 2010, 10:44:19 pm »

What is it with people getting drunk and coming on the Bay12 forums?

Stop it. It's unnatural.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: June 04, 2010, 10:48:47 pm »

Stop it. It's unnatural.
You're complaining about drunkenness on a forum based at least partly on a game where alcohol is the only non-water drink.
Stop being confusing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: June 04, 2010, 10:56:33 pm »

Well, I'm all right, my typing is just a bit off. But man. It's 1am, and I wasn't expecting anyone to go to bed for another hour or two, yet I've been the only one up for the last hour. I am unlikely to go to bed anytime soon. So now I am in the sad thread.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: June 04, 2010, 11:20:06 pm »

Stop it. It's unnatural.

I'm drunk half the time I post. No one seems to notice.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: June 04, 2010, 11:33:49 pm »

I'm frequently sleep and food deprived.
I hear that can cause effects similar to drunkenness.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: June 04, 2010, 11:36:19 pm »

I'm a dick.  Dickish behavior is frequently associated with drunkenness.
Shoes...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: June 04, 2010, 11:40:12 pm »

I don't like booze.
And I can't drink because I'm a '90s TV character and we aren't allowed to get drunk.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: June 04, 2010, 11:44:05 pm »

I'm a happy drunk.  The more alcohol I get in me, the less of a shit I give about anything; I normally find everything funny in some way, but I'm stupidly self-conscious.  Several drinks later, and I laugh at anything and tell awful jokes.  That or I just recline, drink, and make prescient comments.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #6536 on: June 04, 2010, 11:49:00 pm »

I normally have a two-phase booze response, first I get funny, then in 2 hours I get depressive and just wanna curl up in cathatonic fetal position...  ::)
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: June 04, 2010, 11:51:08 pm »

I tend to go happy -> happy -> happy -> happy and finds absolutely everything hilarious -> disconcertingly happy -> very suddenly fast asleep. I'm at maybe stage three now. Probably still another hour or two before I go to bed. But man am I bored.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: June 04, 2010, 11:55:35 pm »

Social -> Arrogant and overcompetitive -> Go post on Bay12 -> Passed out.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6539 on: June 05, 2010, 12:00:40 am »

I'm a happy drunk.  The more alcohol I get in me, the less of a shit I give about anything; I normally find everything funny in some way, but I'm stupidly self-conscious.  Several drinks later, and I laugh at anything and tell awful jokes.  That or I just recline, drink, and make prescient comments.
I seem the same way. However, give me some good music and I'll nearly go into a trance and enjoy it. Toss in getting high with that, and I'm in a state of euphoria to the point of having my brain go on overdrive, minus all the stress involved.

Like my first time drinking, I experimented, and tested the limits. If I'm not mistaken, provided I have a task in mind, my brain is operating at least 10x quicker than normal; toss in my ability to over-imagine, and I can either come up with some truly bizarre stuff, read the entire library called my brain in an afternoon, or have a truly obscure and random topic come to mind and come up with enough information about it to fill a book. Of course, I enjoy the feeling so much, and also considering my awareness of just how lazy I am, I just don't bother remembering all the details.

In a sense, I think I understand the stereotype of hippie personalities. I think the best way to describe that feeling is, imagine you still exist, but your body didn't, yet you can still move around and the body you control is on auto-pilot. Your soul is the element of free will itself. Or another way to describe the feeling is having an out of body experience, but being to lazy too leave the body.

Back to topic on the drinking front, if anything, I find myself more of a social drunk; or at least, I give less a crap about how people view me and such and just go about my business how I see myself, instead of how I want others to see me (or more like what I know that I assume they see me as.). Fortunately, not much changes about me. The only reason my awareness sky-rockets the more drunk I get is more due to having to be "The Responsible One" and have to be the one that's still awake and able to drive. I guess the better way to describe that is "Designated Drunk Driver". Simply put, learning to drive as well as you do sober when you're drunk takes some hardcore training. Side-effect of it, you'll need harder stuff to enjoy the buzz. I think the hardest hit it took for me to feel enjoyable had to be at least 2 Jagers minimum.

EDIT:
Following Solifuge's example below:
Normal (seemingly miserable) me -> Normal Me -> Little more willing to listen/hold a conversation -> 2x awareness and predicting/reading the music playing in the air -> The Old Guy feeling (The good kind) -> Noise and color everywhere/reduced sight (4x more aware of surroundings to compensate; can't trust myself to drive) -> .5x awareness/minimize movement to enjoy what's left before the inevitable, but necessary purge (The Bad "Old Guy" feeling) -> I can feel the world spin and orbit. -> Stupor -> Near-death -> Marinated Soylent Green

You'd be surprised how much it would actually take to knock me down. 1 Jager alone qualifies my definition of a "Silver Bullet" (AKA- A drink that can knock out just about anyone under the moonlight.), I can take several. Hell, a past co-worker even regarded me a definitive badass when I downed the equivalent of 2-4 Jagers (or maybe a large Jager-bomb) in a single gulp, and continued to walk and talk unencumbered.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:17:52 am by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 8167