Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473937 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #6180 on: May 28, 2010, 08:14:32 am »

This thread makes me the opposite if sad.

MAN STINK.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: May 28, 2010, 08:22:28 am »

So, Aqizzar... I'm a little confused. Is Armok what makes this forum bad, or is it just that he's the only non-disillusioned person in a bad forum?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: May 28, 2010, 08:28:27 am »

This is a cool forum, full of chill, responsible people.  I can't and wouldn't say what Armok is or isn't, but that post is a disappointing topper to a long line of disappointing reactions and statements.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: May 28, 2010, 08:32:18 am »

Barbarian technically means hairy person.
Last time I checked, barbaros meant "babbling", "mumbling" or "speaking in an unintelligible fashion".

Y'know, I was going to say that I was quite impressed with this forum.  Vector said she's exasperated with her home-life, and intimated that she'd love to leave home.  And no queue of White Knights formed ranks to proffer their undying love and living space for her (just a lesbian with a space room, I guess).  On any other forum, it'd be a madhouse.
So, maybe she posted that she's going just so that she could get the White Knight reaction, and cackle with glee at the foolishness of male nature?
And all there came was Aqizzar being mildly less-apathetic than usual, and Armok outdoing himself.
Man, this forum fails to deliver.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: May 28, 2010, 08:37:58 am »

Well, Barba is the latin word for beard. Hence, barber.

So, barbarian is literally "Bearded guy" or something like that.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: May 28, 2010, 08:40:10 am »

I thought it was from the random bar-bar type sound they made according to the Romans.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: May 28, 2010, 08:40:34 am »

Barbarian technically means hairy person.
Last time I checked, barbaros meant "babbling", "mumbling" or "speaking in an unintelligible fashion".
Yeah, colloquially it referred to anyone who didn't speak Latin, since that was pretty important.

Y'know, I was going to say that I was quite impressed with this forum.  Vector said she's exasperated with her home-life, and intimated that she'd love to leave home.  And no queue of White Knights formed ranks to proffer their undying love and living space for her (just a lesbian with a space room, I guess).  On any other forum, it'd be a madhouse.
So, maybe she posted that she's going just so that she could get the White Knight reaction, and cackle with glee at the foolishness of male nature?
And all there came was Aqizzar being mildly less-apathetic than usual, and Armok outdoing himself.

Vector, I hereby proffer my undying love and living space.  I'll drive out to California, we'll stop by Vegas on the way back, watch the sun come up through the windshield, and you can have all the apartment my part-time job and parents can afford.  But it has to be one-bedroom, it'd just be silly any other way.  And then you'll be safe from family and Internet trolls and the horrors of employment forever.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: May 28, 2010, 08:53:34 am »

Yeah, Vector! We can all drive to California and invest in one big B12 manison to live in with you, and then we'll all be happy, and free- And Toady will enlist us to help program his game, and those who can't program will just get paid anyway, but you'll get paid by all of us to teach us all kendo in our gigantic indoor gym we're going to build, and I'm going to teach everyone parkour - Duke will probably be the psychological counselling guy, while Aqizzar will be the 'suck it the fuck up'(sorry, Armok. Make that the suck it the **** up) guy, you know, who you go to when you want to bitch, but really all you need is a smack around the head, and both you and him know this. And we'll even import all of our other B12 buddies still in school, so they can homeschool at our mansion - Even Armok, who we'll keep chained up in the basement and draw straws to feed each week! And we'll all sit on the roof to watch the sunsets all together and hold hands and share the moment as a True forum, and you'll never have to worry about meals or washing up because I'm going to enlist Jackrabbit as houseslavemaid. And WD will pop in to visit every now and then, because I'd totally fear for my life if he lived in the same house as me, but I suppose we could make compromises, and Janet would be locked in her room at night -per special request from some of the more naive members of the forum - And have her windows locked too -per request from some of the less naive members of the forum - And have them barred and laser-alarmed! -per Jackrabbit. And Toonybro will be bro. And also an electrician, too, I guess- Keeping our 2000LED chandeliers maintained- Which apparently never need replacing, but we'll pay him by the hour anyway- because we'll all be rich from the commercial value of putting on air some of the wonderful conversations we have over the dinner table, and I can show off the mark from where I got a fork imbedded in my skull from when I said something stupid, because, doubtless I will - But we'll all be bestest bestest friends anyway because we all love eachother as a forum and as a... *sniff* family.

Sounds like my kind of paradise.
If you didn't get special mention, go bitch to Aqizzar. He'll give you the answer you deserve

And here's the bandwagon, and here's me doing a triple backflip onto the first carrige right out of the station, plus bonus points for upside-down dual-middle finger salutes.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:02:59 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: May 28, 2010, 08:59:01 am »

Ha! Aqizzar, you knave!
I shan't allow your base chin touch Vector's sacred persona.
In this here post, I vow to defend her honour from the likes of you. Shy I shall not from using her own swordfighting skills to duel you, whenever I see that green jaw of yours. Neither will I stop myself from badmouthing you and throwing internet filth at you from across the ocean.
Speaking of which, I assume she's got some money stashed to pay for the plane ticket, as my coffers are nigh empty.
Once she reaches the joyous land of Poles, I declare that I'll help her find a job, so that she can payshare in paying my rent. I know her to be an emancipated woman, and that she wouldn't want it any other way.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: May 28, 2010, 08:59:30 am »

I thought it was from the random bar-bar type sound they made according to the Romans.
This, more or less: "bar bar" is the sound a sheep makes. Hence, the connotations fell along the lines of "hairy, unintelligible livestock", if I've heard correctly.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: May 28, 2010, 09:25:18 am »

This is totaly what I were doing!

*looks inocent.*
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: May 28, 2010, 09:26:52 am »

-snip-

There is nowhere to go with that, now. You've officially out white-knighted any even potential white knight. Congratulations. A winner is you.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: May 28, 2010, 09:29:42 am »

Well, Barba is the latin word for beard. Hence, barber.

So, barbarian is literally "Bearded guy" or something like that.
Yeah, only it's a Greek word. Romans borrowed it when they started mingling with their Greek subjects.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: May 28, 2010, 09:55:21 am »

-snip-

There is nowhere to go with that, now. You've officially out white-knighted any even potential white knight. Congratulations. A winner is you.
And they called him the luminescent knight- And all were in awe of his rampant naive stupidity.

This is totaly what I were doing!

*looks inocent.*

Nope... No, that about caps it off, right there. And with a brand new keyboard, too. Congrats, Armok.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:13:34 am by Tack »

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: May 28, 2010, 10:31:14 am »

Granted I haven't been on many forums, I've never seen a White Knight reaction before. It's not like people are emotionally invested in what amounts to an internet personality...right? That'd be both strangely misguided and somewhat creepy, with bonus points if they're out of the age range, and more bonus points for not being in the same 1,000 mile radius.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 8167