Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9475060 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #6165 on: May 28, 2010, 04:26:47 am »

I mean the civilization. And no, the modern country does not count. Mostly because I said greek when I should have said Roma-

Screw it, it's too late at night for me to remember anything correctly.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: May 28, 2010, 04:29:18 am »

5am, yes? GO TO BED YOU SILLY BASTARD.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: May 28, 2010, 04:29:55 am »

Don't worry about it.
Barbarian technically means hairy person.
Which is most definitely true of me.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: May 28, 2010, 04:35:33 am »

Hi!

I'm Greek.
Partly, anyway.

Give me back my good Euro - Yen exchange rate!
Just kidding :) :)

But I did check the exchange rate and it was rather disheartening. I will have to be more careful in the download shops now (T_T)

Deathworks

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: May 28, 2010, 04:37:59 am »

I thought Barbarian just meant uncultured.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: May 28, 2010, 04:59:49 am »

...Wait a minute.  Vector's gone?  No wait!  Vector come back!  I've got all kinds of advice on how to blow off your parents and surf the web at leisure!  Tell them you're taking up programing, or just dare them to do whatever it is they think they can do to you and watch them crack!  Crack with love!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: May 28, 2010, 05:14:06 am »

... um...
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: May 28, 2010, 07:08:42 am »

Still unemployed. Bleck. I've been applying to all kinds of places since March and I've only had two interviews despite having a great resume and being a pretty likeable guy. I'm not even looking for anything amazing, I just need something minimum wage to keep myself fed. I have all my rent for the summer set aside already, and living off my savings will last me probably another four months, but I'd much rather be making money than losing it. I like working, too. But the damned job market is dryyyyy. The stuff I'm looking for would be doing something menial in an office like changing tax codes and crap like that, but I lowered my expectations a little while ago and can't even get anything as a waiter or even a delivery guy. I even applied to be a 7-days-a-week overnight shift guy at a 24/7 convenience store, working midnight to 8am, and the position was filled by the time I came back with a resume after seeing the notice. Argh.

My parents are trying to talk me into flying home for the summer and living off them, not seeming to understand that if I wanted to live at home I wouldn't have gone to a university a few provinces away, but I'd rather be broke and independent than funded and reliant. I can't stand oweing my parents anything. Admittedly they're paying for me to go to university, but if I could afford to pay for myself I'd much rather do that instead. I'm still hoping I can pay them back one day. For now, though, I need a damn job.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: May 28, 2010, 07:24:29 am »

Still unemployed. Bleck. I've been applying to all kinds of places since March and I've only had two interviews despite having a great resume and being a pretty likeable guy. I'm not even looking for anything amazing, I just need something minimum wage to keep myself fed. I have all my rent for the summer set aside already, and living off my savings will last me probably another four months, but I'd much rather be making money than losing it. I like working, too. But the damned job market is dryyyyy. The stuff I'm looking for would be doing something menial in an office like changing tax codes and crap like that, but I lowered my expectations a little while ago and can't even get anything as a waiter or even a delivery guy. I even applied to be a 7-days-a-week overnight shift guy at a 24/7 convenience store, working midnight to 8am, and the position was filled by the time I came back with a resume after seeing the notice. Argh.

Ha.

Welcome in da club, Retro.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: May 28, 2010, 07:27:19 am »

I can't stand oweing my parents anything. Admittedly they're paying for me to go to university, but if I could afford to pay for myself I'd much rather do that instead. I'm still hoping I can pay them back one day.

I hope you can hear me.  I'm laughing harder than I ever have before.  Mooch my man.  You've admitted straight up that you're already mooching, so take the opportunity and mooch some more.  Trust me, you'll have end of chances to pay your parents back in times to come, and it doesn't sound like they're expecting it up front in cash with interest anyway.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: May 28, 2010, 07:36:03 am »

Well.  My mother is giving hints that if I don't stop using the computer for recreation and start doing more of what she considers "valuable work," then she's going to eat my ass.  Forget the conversations we've held, in which I told her that this was my only social outlet because I'm sick of hanging out with autistic people.  Nope, apparently my parents are supposed to be enough.

Doesn't help that she always asks what I've been doing and asks me to recount what I did for the family whenever I manage to fuck things up again.

I'm also supposed to work my schedule around hers and drop what I'm doing whenever she calls, because that's the way it works.  She's the mother, and I'm the freeloading daughter.  She's the mother who isn't receiving her fair share of obedience, because I don't listen to her like I do my kendo sensei and professors.

Oh, and they may decide to move up to Berkeley to save funds :D  So I'd be living with them for the next two and a half years.  By the way, before anyone says "Oh man, you should go to (some other thing), like moving in with your friends"--well, it turns out that that's not an option.  Rosewood's being an emotionless bastard and Thyme's mother dislikes me... and there's no one else.

So that's it.

Isn't it fabulous?  Anyway, I'm pretty fucking tired of this, so I guess I'm going to be gone from the forums for a while.  Later, dudes.  Hopefully I'll be back some day.
NO!

Vector, I'm had enought of you being **** submissive to your mom. You are to go break some of her ribs RIGHT NOW, and not give in to her demands. Understood?
And no, this is not a joke post, I'm ****ing pissed. >:(
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: May 28, 2010, 07:37:33 am »

Haha yes, listen to Armok and violently assault your mother because of she's rather overbearing.

Christ dude, think before you post.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: May 28, 2010, 07:50:13 am »

I can't stand oweing my parents anything. Admittedly they're paying for me to go to university, but if I could afford to pay for myself I'd much rather do that instead. I'm still hoping I can pay them back one day.
I hope you can hear me.  I'm laughing harder than I ever have before.  Mooch my man.  You've admitted straight up that you're already mooching, so take the opportunity and mooch some more.  Trust me, you'll have end of chances to pay your parents back in times to come, and it doesn't sound like they're expecting it up front in cash with interest anyway.

Uh-uh. The more my parents pay for me, the more they get to control my life, which is something I can't deal with. Right now they pay university fees and meals while school's open, so once the summer's over I won't have to keep spending aside from rent and other misc bills, but I refuse to live off of them more than I have to. They want to pay for me, actually, and since they've had money set aside for me going to university since I was born through a RESP, I'm accepting that, but no more. I know rationally speaking it's stupid as hell to refuse them, but I'm much happier for it. I have a part-time job lined up for once I'm back in school, so I can rebuild my savings since I'll have food money for another eight month stretch. My big issue right now is that being unemployed is draining last year's savings, which is frustrating because if I was employed I'd be building my savings up more instead. At least I'm thrifty.

My sister takes the other approach, which is to call them sounding upset about how hungry she is and hopes they take pity and send her more money (or rather, roll their eyes and give in to her pandering to get rid of her). Bit of a difference.

I'm had enought of you being **** submissive to your mom.

I don't even know what word is being censored there.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: May 28, 2010, 07:57:51 am »

You could always drop out of school and go join the military or something if you really want to be away from your parent's influence.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: May 28, 2010, 08:11:54 am »

Vector, I'm had enought of you being **** submissive to your mom. You are to go break some of her ribs RIGHT NOW, and not give in to her demands. Understood?
And no, this is not a joke post, I'm ****ing pissed. >:(

Y'know, I was going to say that I was quite impressed with this forum.  Vector said she's exasperated with her home-life, and intimated that she'd love to leave home.  And no queue of White Knights formed ranks to proffer their undying love and living space for her (just a lesbian with a space room, I guess).  On any other forum, it'd be a madhouse.

But then, Armok shows up.  Not to make things uncomfortable, oh no.  Instead, to reach a new low in forum antics by insulting Vector and angrily insisting that she show her Mom what for.  I've never seen such a open field for bad advice rocket past White Knighting into White Little-League-Dad-ing.  Wow.
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 8167