Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476029 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #6135 on: May 27, 2010, 08:26:41 pm »

Clen Forum? MAN, i JUST DO not BELIEVE what i saw, what KIND OF skills even are those stunts you pulled.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:31:58 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Pheonix_RE

• Bay Watcher
  • (sic)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: May 27, 2010, 10:17:33 pm »

So, it seems that looking at utter fail makes me doubt my own abilities as well... and crushing self-doubt isn't all nice, at least in my eyes. I guess there's a reason I've taken to keeping my stuff to myself more than ever.
That, or the fail seeps into what I do. Which doesn't make it all that better, but...

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: May 27, 2010, 10:23:29 pm »

So I found out two things today:

1) Writing stealth sequences is really hard. Especially when I'm trying to pack ~5 guys into a room. No, Metal Gear Solid doesn't help.
2) I'm most likely addicted to caffene. Or am simply sick. Either one is possible--either one would suck.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: May 27, 2010, 10:24:37 pm »

My ideas of how I should behave and want to behave match, but how I do does not, and I have not taken large steps to change this.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: May 27, 2010, 10:25:19 pm »

Well.  My mother is giving hints that if I don't stop using the computer for recreation and start doing more of what she considers "valuable work," then she's going to eat my ass.  Forget the conversations we've held, in which I told her that this was my only social outlet because I'm sick of hanging out with autistic people.  Nope, apparently my parents are supposed to be enough.

Doesn't help that she always asks what I've been doing and asks me to recount what I did for the family whenever I manage to fuck things up again.

I'm also supposed to work my schedule around hers and drop what I'm doing whenever she calls, because that's the way it works.  She's the mother, and I'm the freeloading daughter.  She's the mother who isn't receiving her fair share of obedience, because I don't listen to her like I do my kendo sensei and professors.

Oh, and they may decide to move up to Berkeley to save funds :D  So I'd be living with them for the next two and a half years.  By the way, before anyone says "Oh man, you should go to (some other thing), like moving in with your friends"--well, it turns out that that's not an option.  Rosewood's being an emotionless bastard and Thyme's mother dislikes me... and there's no one else.

So that's it.

Isn't it fabulous?  Anyway, I'm pretty fucking tired of this, so I guess I'm going to be gone from the forums for a while.  Later, dudes.  Hopefully I'll be back some day.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: May 27, 2010, 10:32:53 pm »

dang, that sucks. isn't lack of parents the main attraction of college dorms?
Bye Vector. :(
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: May 27, 2010, 10:34:15 pm »

Well.  My mother is giving hints that if I don't stop using the computer for recreation and start doing more of what she considers "valuable work," then she's going to eat my ass.  Forget the conversations we've held, in which I told her that this was my only social outlet because I'm sick of hanging out with autistic people.

Doesn't help that she always asks what I've been doing and asks me to recount what I did for the family whenever I manage to fuck things up again.

I'm also supposed to work my schedule around hers and drop what I'm doing whenever she calls, because that's the way it works.  She's the mother, and I'm the freeloading daughter.  She's the mother who isn't receiving her fair share of obedience, because I don't listen to her like I do my kendo sensei and professors.
Surprisingly like my dad.

And yeah, gonna miss ya. It does suck to be in such a situation. I do hope that this doesn't get in the way of your year of healing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: May 27, 2010, 10:37:31 pm »

Seeya when I seeya.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: May 27, 2010, 10:48:00 pm »

I do hope that this doesn't get in the way of your year of healing.

Well, she's going to get in the way no matter what I do--so the best I can do is go pick up the skills I need as fast as I can.  Housewife bootcamp should help when I go live in an apartment next year.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: May 27, 2010, 11:30:24 pm »

Ahem: That sounds almost exactly like my situation a few months ago. You're best to move out - though it can be really expensive by yourself. However- I wouldn't want to stop coming on here. 1. That isolates you from the rest of your friends, namely, me. 2. That means you're Bowing To Your Mother's Insistence. You can't let that happen, it's a learning habit - they begin to expect that sort of thing.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:43:07 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: May 28, 2010, 12:43:13 am »

Housewife bootcamp
Insist on wearing battle fatigues, and belt out everything you say in an obnoxiously loud voice. Begin and end everything with "sir," even especially if the person talking to you is a woman.

On a less sarcastic note, good luck, in the I'm-sure-you'll-do-well way. Also, remember that spinach cooked in butter and applied as garnish is an excellent way to show that you're being "healthy" while making sure the dish actually tastes OK. This got me through a few "Bjlong, make me dinner to prove your worth" scenarios with my mom.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: May 28, 2010, 12:58:31 am »

God damn you, belly dancing.
But should you ever have to give birth, it should go a lot easier now that you can belly dance!

Belly dancing doesn't make the baby pop out, Euld.
But, they said so on the news!...  At least, the liberal news  :o  Last time I watch the crazy leftist media then.  Incoming Medved in 3... 2... 1... blood for the blood god

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: May 28, 2010, 01:22:59 am »

Oh, and they may decide to move up to Berkeley to save funds :D  So I'd be living with them for the next two and a half years.  By the way, before anyone says "Oh man, you should go to (some other thing), like moving in with your friends"--well, it turns out that that's not an option.  Rosewood's being an emotionless bastard and Thyme's mother dislikes me... and there's no one else.

Wait! Come back!

Move to Chicago and pay rent with my GF and I. We're getting poor cuz my job is a bastard and we need a roomie for this big empty room we'll have when our roomie moves out June 30th. As long as you don't mind lesbians and realize that food we buy isn't for anyone to eat and clean up after yourself and take less than a month to do your dishes and your room doesn't smell of musty manstink and you actually contribute funds to household needs like drain cleaner and toilet paper, then we're all good!

Maybe I should rant about my roomie.
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: May 28, 2010, 01:45:10 am »

manstink? Are you one of those kind of lesbian?

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: May 28, 2010, 02:58:05 am »

manstink? Are you one of those kind of lesbian?

No, no, no. I was describing our (my GF and mine) roomie. His room reeks of must and mildew so much that I have to hold my breath whenever I hear his door opening. It's really nasty. I also have a sensitive nose and once that manstench gets in there it won't go away for an hour. :(

Let me list some of the problems we have with him:

1) Manstink. Seriously.
2) Never. Cleans. Anything.
3) Showers every day yet still creates Manstink.
4) Rarely does his dishes. Longest time they were in there was three months before we got fed up and threw them in his room while wearing hazmat suits.
5) Doesn't contribute to household funds for essentials or cleaning supplies like toilet paper, drain cleaner, or cleaning solution.
6) Lived here a year, only done laundry once when his dad came over to force him to do it. His dad did most of the work.
7) Lived here a year, still can't remember address.
8) Too damn difficult to get rent and bill money out of him.
9) His room has no floor. Only clothes and crap.
10) Has little grasp on the concept of ownership unless something belongs to him.
11) Constantly touches stuff we have in common areas and moves things just to annoy us.
12) Manages to somehow knock bottles of shampoo off of our shelf in the shower and is too stupid to at least pick them up. We find them lying in the tub.
13) Doesn't understand that food we buy is not for him.
14) Thinks we don't know when he steals our food.
15) Ate peanut butter for dinner last night. Complains he has no money, yet buys a plethora of Magic the Gathering cards.
16) Has taken one film class (Intro to!), yet believes he knows so much about film that he criticizes and critiques any film he sees. Usually during the film.
17) Played video games. Decided he wasn't into video games anymore. Now decides he is back into video games. During that whole time, he still criticized any and every game he's seen me playing. I have a collection of over 100 games of almost every genre. He plays Call of Duty.
18) Sounds like a goddess forsaken elephant (E!) and makes me feel like I like in Boatmurdered. I can't ever find the "Flood the world with magma" lever, though.
19) Loud. He cackles like a hyena and we can hear him. Always.
20) Has trouble understanding how locks on a door work.

I'm sure there are more, but I don't feel like raging more about him right now.
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 8167