Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486311 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5925 on: May 22, 2010, 04:14:44 am »

Hi!

I am really sorry to disagree, but the thing you did with Armok was not as harmless as you may think - unless Armok himself declared his avatar fair game.

Basically, as ThreeToe pointed out, you picked one member of the community and made fun of them - in Japanese schools, you call that "ijime", in Europe and the US, you may have heard of "bullying" or "mobbing". And before you say "It was just some nice fun!" - that seems to be the sentiment behind some bullying/ijime as well. While you do have really nasty cases that are really out to get the person, in other cases, it seems that it is not meant to be mean. But whether it is good-natured or not is something only the victim can decide. And if the victim is not happy about that, you can't call them a baby or anything.

Ijime can put a lot of pressure on a person, leading to various health problems and even suicide. And even seemingly harmless rites can build up to extremes.

I have to admit that I didn't know what to do when I saw you do it. I was afraid of starting a flame war about this and hoped for it to die down. I am aware that that is the big mistake people often commit when dealing with this (adding a painful experience to my book), and I have no excuse for that. And before there are any misunderstandings - I did not call the moderators on you.

Deathworks

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: May 22, 2010, 05:21:21 am »

Well, let's see... you keep/get to keep signing your posts like that, despite it having been made abundantly clear to you that it pisses most people off, but OH GOD YOU DON'T GET TO USE SOMEONE ELSE'S AVATAR YOU GUIS CAUSE THAT'S MEAN!! D: !!! D:

>:|
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: May 22, 2010, 05:33:08 am »

It's sunny and not windy today. I hate such days.

"Haspen has been irritated by dry air lately. Haspen has been driven angry because of high temperatures lately."

I wouldn't mind some rain...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: May 22, 2010, 05:59:11 am »

I wouldn't mind some icy cold misanthropic winter right now.

No, really. I love winter.
Winter and all her associations: Bleakness, lifelessness, hostility, beauty, coldness...
I want winter.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #5929 on: May 22, 2010, 06:30:32 am »

Well, let's see... you keep/get to keep signing your posts like that, despite it having been made abundantly clear to you that it pisses most people off, but OH GOD YOU DON'T GET TO USE SOMEONE ELSE'S AVATAR YOU GUIS CAUSE THAT'S MEAN!! D: !!! D:

Heh, you are doing it again.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: May 22, 2010, 07:27:06 am »

I wouldn't mind some icy cold misanthropic winter right now.

No, really. I love winter.
Winter and all her associations: Bleakness, lifelessness, hostility, beauty, coldness...
I want winter.

I am also a fan of the wintery occasions, but for entirely different reasons. You see, when it is hot out, I don't half sweat like two pigs tied to a pony. Winter though, then I get to run around wrapped up in at least three blankets.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: May 22, 2010, 08:14:24 am »

@Deathworks: I actually don't think Armok minded, as I remember him saying something about liking the attention. In his case the harmless fun seemed for the most part harmless, and he even liked some of the edits of his avatar like Cthulhu. But I think another dude had his avatar copied, and that was when he was told to stop. And that was also when he claimed he was the actual dude. There is reason enough for an one-day ban here, but considering the previous dickery as kinseti stated there was solid enough of a base for a week mute.

Edit: Yeah, Minecraft forums again. How could you fail at picture fight? I can understand using a buncha weapons in a willy-waving way, but they used flamethrower tank to trump a flight of stairs.

WHAT?!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 08:25:51 am by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: May 22, 2010, 09:20:35 am »

Why does it matter to you so much? I'll admit when deathworks posts multiple times in a thread, the "Hi!" part doesn't make much sense, but apart from that it's just a couple of extra lines in each post. It's meaningless one way or the other.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: May 22, 2010, 09:35:21 am »

Why does it matter to you so much? I'll admit when deathworks posts multiple times in a thread, the "Hi!" part doesn't make much sense, but apart from that it's just a couple of extra lines in each post. It's meaningless one way or the other.
Kind of like the avatar stuff.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: May 22, 2010, 09:37:48 am »

I just spent 17 straight hours at school. Sitting in a tiny little chair, watching 15-17 year olds forget their lines.

Beat. That.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: May 22, 2010, 09:38:35 am »

a) It's obnoxious. (actually, his entire writing style is, but "radically alter your rhetorical style" is an unreasonable request, unlike, say, "stop fucking signing your posts like that, it breaks up the flow of conversation")
b) He keeps doing it, even though he knows it pisses people off.
c) He then hypocritically joins in condemning the armok avatar movement.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 09:40:32 am by Sir Pseudonymous »
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: May 22, 2010, 09:43:38 am »

Not a hypocrite. It's a different problem. ::)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: May 22, 2010, 09:45:45 am »

a) It's obnoxious. (actually, his entire writing style is, but "radically alter your rhetorical style" is an unreasonable request, unlike, say, "stop fucking signing your posts like that, it breaks up the flow of conversation")
 I don't like the way you talk. Please stop it. It offends me and I don't like how you express yourself. It pisses me off.
b) He keeps doing it, even though he knows it pisses people off.
 Except that it was never done to piss people off. Even with the point raised to him that some people don't like it you have to consider that he has a purpose for typing like that. He had some form of debate in his head whether it was better to express how he feels better or not offend a couple of people.
c) He then hypocritically joins in condemning the armok avatar movement.
 Because people were being dicks. Granted I don't know much about the armok bit, but I do remember some dickery with impersonating another dude who told them to quit it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: May 22, 2010, 09:48:55 am »

The hypocrite just got hypocrited.

For c) Duke that would be WorkerDrone, hehe I think I took his avatar once or twice.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: May 22, 2010, 09:49:42 am »

Didn't the Architect (Yes, I know I spelled his name wrong) steal Jackrabbit's avatar? In fact, I think he may still have it. His tagline even said "Because I admire his so much", and then his sig said somthing along the lines of "Seriously". This seems like the same thing.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 8167