Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9488339 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5820 on: May 19, 2010, 04:23:15 pm »

Thats almost like my thinking that a member of my family died, and then seeing him in the airport going to the funeral.

Except its not.

Also, a few weeks back i was sure that i got banned again but it turned out to be a dream. It was weird.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: May 19, 2010, 05:02:31 pm »

People being banned makes me sad. It dosn't matter if they do horrible things, banning just seems to harse for anything that doesn't break IRL laws... :'(
It's way to much like an execution...

No, I'm not objecting to any spesific moderation decition, I'm objecting to the very idea of moderation at all.

Grow up. Online the laws are set by the site owners. You don't even technically have freedom of speech on someones personal webspace.
Just because something hapens to be a certain way dsont mean it SHULD be that way.

Quote from: SHAD0Wdump link=topic=43236.msg1256714#msg1256714   date=1273986390
Neruz didn't deserve that ban in my eyes. And this   apparent 5 strike system has me scared that I'd say something that would   be deemed wrong. But there's nothing I can do besides try to avoid such   things.
seconded.

Quote from: Realmfighter link=topic=43236.msg1256817#msg1256817   date=1273988458
If you think i'm joking, i'm not.

I've had   three nightmares involving me getting banned.

Really starting to   mess with my head.
Me to.

Quote from: Janet link=topic=43236.msg1266818#msg1266818   date=1274295527
I feel like I'm going insane because no one in this   house that was there remembers a friend killing herself besides me, and   Eva even looked outright horrified I thought that happened.

Looking   back it even makes sense... Her parents dropped off some stuff of hers a   few months ago but never said why I could have it. Did I hallucinate   the whole thing?

... I think I need to make some calls...

Edit:   OH MY FUCKING GOD WHAT?! SHE'S ALIVE?! OH DEAR GOD What is WRONG   with me?!

She's alive? are you sure? I  remember you writing, vividly, about the trauma of that, and that was months ago.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: May 19, 2010, 05:06:14 pm »

Banning does not remove you from contact with your friends. There's a freaking internet out there you know. Communication isn't exactly an issue. If you break the site rules, you get removed. It works and has worked since time immemorial (note:fifteen years back or so) and comparing it to execution just shows that you have far too much of an attachment to this site than is healthy.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 05:10:50 pm by Jackrabbit »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: May 19, 2010, 05:07:42 pm »

People being banned makes me sad. It dosn't matter if they do horrible things, banning just seems to harse for anything that doesn't break IRL laws... :'(

No, I'm not objecting to any spesific moderation decition, I'm objecting to the very idea of moderation at all.

Grow up. Online the laws are set by the site owners. You don't even technically have freedom of speech on someones personal webspace.
Just because something hapens to be a certain way dsont mean it SHULD be that way.
It's Toady's website. HE pays to maintain it and it revolves around HIS game. Why should he not have complete control over it? How would you like it if someone randomly walked into your house and started causing trouble, breaking things, starting fights, etc?

Semi-edit: also, what Jackrabbit said. It's not like this is the only forum on the internet.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: May 19, 2010, 05:33:49 pm »

Goddamn, Janet just had a reality check, and rolled a natural 20.  I sort of feel bad, the shock must be terrible, but I'm glad she has her friend back.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5825 on: May 19, 2010, 05:56:54 pm »

If anyone wants to be cheered up, I have my livestream up. My sig has the details.

Movie's over.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:40:27 pm by Itnetlolor »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: May 19, 2010, 06:11:28 pm »

Remember that Dwarf Fortress is Toady's livelihood.  If it's not moderated, it will turn into a haven for dicks, weirdos, and pedophiles.  Then no normal people will come, and there go the donations, by extension Toady's ability to make money without a job, by extension Toady's ability to work on the game, by extension the game, by extension the forum.  If you really care about the forum, you'll want it to be moderated.  Sometimes you have to put your foot down, and sometimes you have to put it down on someone's neck.  I'll miss Neruz, but that thread was exactly the kind of thing that will scare off potential customers.
Shoes...

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: May 19, 2010, 07:40:13 pm »

I feel like I'm going insane because no one in this house that was there remembers a friend killing herself besides me, and Eva even looked outright horrified I thought that happened.

Looking back it even makes sense... Her parents dropped off some stuff of hers a few months ago but never said why I could have it. Did I hallucinate the whole thing?

... I think I need to make some calls...

Edit: OH MY FUCKING GOD WHAT?! SHE'S ALIVE?! OH DEAR GOD What is WRONG with me?!

I'm glad she's ok, and I hope you can manage to straighten things out with everyone.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: May 19, 2010, 08:17:25 pm »

When digging the hole into the river, Isaac ran and slipped into the 12z level hole that was to hold my well water. His body and all of his items are lost.

He died yesterday too, in a different version.
I sent him to kill a goat, and he stood there wrestling it for 4 months till after he calmed down from a tantrum, he died on his way back. only about 20 steps away from a drink.

He was a high master wrestler too.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: May 19, 2010, 10:35:01 pm »

I have chicken pox.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: May 19, 2010, 10:44:25 pm »

Really? How the heck did you live this long without getting it?! Or have you had it before?(contrary to popular belief you can get chicken pox twice. I should know...)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: May 19, 2010, 10:45:23 pm »

I got it in Christmas 2008.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: May 19, 2010, 10:46:58 pm »

Cheeetar is 15-16. Not that unusual.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: May 19, 2010, 10:48:26 pm »

Huh, I'd had it twice by the time I was done with first grade. Didn't know it was common to go that long without getting it.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: May 19, 2010, 10:49:36 pm »

My grandfather got it at some point in his late 40s or early 50s. It gets worse when you're that old, of course.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 8167