Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9488833 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5805 on: May 19, 2010, 08:08:34 am »

Where's it from?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: May 19, 2010, 08:43:41 am »

Not everyone has seen it. And the more people who show it on forums, the smaller that number becomes.

Oh gods, I think that might be older than google
Your mom's older than Google.

What? She is.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: May 19, 2010, 08:47:03 am »

Did you catch the double meaning?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: May 19, 2010, 08:52:38 am »

Figures.  The one time I get moving early in the morning and get almost a full hour to myself to goof off before work, I remember I have to take the garbage up for garbage day.  Gr.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: May 19, 2010, 08:54:54 am »

Hi!

I wanted to thank all those who have spoken out in support of me and all those who can at least live with my style. That support has really felt good.

Tack: I for one didn't know that GIF or had forgotten about it, so you already succeeded in one case with it.

My avatar image is actually a cat girl (or to be completely correct, two cat girls), not a cat boy (^_^;;
And as for the pen name; it is the pen name I came up for me over 20 years ago and just as with my posting style, I feel I should not change my pen name without a reason so as to make it easier for people to recognize my authorship and responsibility. So, for good or for worse, I am kind of stuck with it.

The actual meaning behind the name can be found here. And yes, it is a bit odd to refer to a single individuum in the plural, but that was the only way it would roll off the tongue naturally, and that's why I chose it back then (^_^;;

General: Fortunately, I have no sad news today. Let's hope it stays that way.

Deathworks

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: May 19, 2010, 09:40:11 am »

@Tack:

Um, well, that gif is years old. Not very awesome. Saw it +infinity times already :P
IT is old, yes. It is also very awesome.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: May 19, 2010, 10:30:48 am »

Long story short, the Gif, even though animated, probably takes up a fraction of the memory that most single frame photo JPGs do, and each user only has to DL the image once.

I went to get my new car repaired (*grumble grumble*) at the dealership today, and while there ran into an old highschool aquaintance of mine. We had slight drama back in the day, since his girlfriend was one of my best friends, and used to hit on me rather frequently... and it was a bit awkward. Sad part was in the conversation itself though:

S: "Hey John? It's me, Solifuge!"
J: "I know."
S: "So, what's up?"
J: "Not a lot. Where you working at these days?"
S: "Oh, I'm... doing environmental work at a manufacturing company. It's an internship-sort-of-thing, but I'm not really planning on staying there for long."
J: "Alight."
S: "I'm still taking classes at University too, so yeah... how about you?"
J: "I'm working on Green Energy projects for a big Tech Company."
S: "Oh yeah? What kind of stuff?"
J: "Well, it's pretty confidential, but one of the things is a hydrogen fuel cell car that uses solar energy. It's pretty cool, getting a bunch of cutting-edge technology to play with and all that."
S: "That does sound pretty neat."
J: "Well, the technician's here. Gotta go."
S: "Good seeing you John."

He apparently got married not long back, judging by the rings, and is off working in a pretty cool field with his degree... while I'm still only a little more than halfway to graduation, and working a job I don't like, and which I'm basically just getting a paycheck out of.

Blah... its reasons like this that I never use Facebook. Just makes you feel bad for all the things you haven't done, and pushes you to compare yourself to your peers.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:32:44 am by Solifuge »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: May 19, 2010, 10:36:21 am »

I'm somewhere in the middle on that. I come from a rural background, so by going to college in the first place, I'm automatically ahead of 50% or more of people from high school. And I left town. And then I went back and got a Master's degree. So I'm like the muthaf**kin' bomb compared to the ones who became parents at 19 and are working at Walmart. But then I see my colleagues from grad school, and some of them are actually doing the kind of international jet-setting stuff we all wanted to do. So yeah, that sucks.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: May 19, 2010, 10:43:13 am »

River Vistula flooded parts of Krakow. I'd love me some beer right now, but all the shops nearby are closed and barred with sandbags. The public transportation is out of order, and so I'm stuck with tea.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: May 19, 2010, 11:03:04 am »

River Vistula flooded parts of Krakow. I'd love me some beer right now, but all the shops nearby are closed and barred with sandbags. The public transportation is out of order, and so I'm stuck with tea.

Jeez...Poland just has not been having a good year.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: May 19, 2010, 01:58:47 pm »

I feel like I'm going insane because no one in this house that was there remembers a friend killing herself besides me, and Eva even looked outright horrified I thought that happened.

Looking back it even makes sense... Her parents dropped off some stuff of hers a few months ago but never said why I could have it. Did I hallucinate the whole thing?

... I think I need to make some calls...

Edit: OH MY FUCKING GOD WHAT?! SHE'S ALIVE?! OH DEAR GOD What is WRONG with me?!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:01:39 pm by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: May 19, 2010, 02:03:38 pm »

Are you okay?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #5817 on: May 19, 2010, 02:16:09 pm »

Oh Solifuge and RedKing, I kinda understand. It is a bit different story for me and I am not sure if anyone (including meself) is interested in another story in this manner, but yeah. Just thinking how things changed since primary school makes me feel old and grumpy.

Currently I managed to get myself a bit sad by realizing it's already a time of open-air rave festivals here in Europe.
That reminded me of some good time I spent last end of the summer going to one of them and an urge, to go again. The sad part is that I am torn between this urge and the notion of saving as much money as I can for something I have not even decided yet. I think about spending a year studying abroad two years from now and I think I would need a lot of money for that. On the other hand, I would love to go on one or even more festivals (by that I mean festivals in other countries) this season. But then again I remember that to enjoy such massive event you must really let your mind go, feel the vibe and interact with other people. Something I tend not to do and on smaller parties it worked, but not so much on big ones.
And again I remember how much parties did I already miss this year (literally - ALL I wanted to visit), and there is always tomorrow and next year and blahblahblah. And how I would like to see some people again but I have not heard from them for more than I year so I do not really need to see them, right?

Yes, much drama, fellow bay watchers, much drama indeed

Oh and Il Palazzo: in my effrontery I thought about how someone must have linked screw pumps wrong, ensuing in FUN, but I digress. I wish no serious damage will be done and you get your beer soon.

Janet, there is no spoon.
But I hope everything is alright.
edit:
For some reason lyrics of Pink Floyd's song "Hey You" came into my mind.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:18:26 pm by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: May 19, 2010, 03:13:44 pm »

Edit: OH MY FUCKING GOD WHAT?! SHE'S ALIVE?! OH DEAR GOD What is WRONG with me?!
Most likely an unusually vivid dream at some point. They can sometimes manage to make their way into long-term memory.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: May 19, 2010, 04:19:46 pm »

Um, holy shit. I assume most of you guys know the story, right? That's pretty fucking huge.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 8167