Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9490846 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5775 on: May 18, 2010, 08:10:01 pm »

I think Deathworks is just goddamn creepy and that makes me sad.

Not as bad as Armok.

I don't think Deathworks is creepy, beyond seeming like an advanced AI, what with the way he puts usernames in bold and structures everything he does into a format (as Vester kindly gave an example of). I think it's silly that he does that, though, and I don't understand why he does. Maybe he just has OCD or something.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: May 18, 2010, 08:10:49 pm »

Adblock can block any image. I used it on the Bay 12 logo back when I used Darkling, because despite how alright it is I don't want my parents walking in on me with a black webpage with the title: Slaves to Armok God of Blood.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: May 18, 2010, 08:12:50 pm »

That does sound like it's either a cult homepage or some kind of weird fetish site.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: May 18, 2010, 08:13:29 pm »

Considering it's a website where people torture bearded midgets by burning cats in front of them, it's not that far off.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: May 18, 2010, 08:16:41 pm »

Not as bad as Armok.

I don't think Deathworks is creepy, beyond seeming like an advanced AI, what with the way he puts usernames in bold and structures everything he does into a format (as Vester kindly gave an example of). I think it's silly that he does that, though, and I don't understand why he does. Maybe he just has OCD or something.
I take issue with people who take issue with Armok. Although he is a little unbalanced.

Cardinal Ratzinger was the one who declared Liberation Theology as heretical, giving death squads free reign to massacre individuals based on their faith.
See? He is Emperor Palpatine. I want a new pope. Ours is creepy and oppressive.
Hi!
zchris13: You shouldn't judge someone based purely on how they post. Regardless of Deathwork's posting style, he is an old forum member and very helpful! If it's his avatar that's doing it, don't worry! There are many avatars, like LeoLeonardoIII's, that are nice to look at. Or, you could turn off avatars instead!
Vester
  • Hell yes Emperor Palpatine.
  • I know Deathworks, I've been here a hella long time only slightly longer than you, actually, and I pickup on alot of things people assume I must miss. So no, I'm not stupid. Thanks though, I appreciate your efforts to "educate" me.
  • It's his writing style, not his format (although it helps), that gets me.  Something about how he writes just pushes all my buttons. It makes me angry, which is just weird, I don't know why, and THAT is what makes my skin crawl.
  • At least frackin' spell off right.  It's only 3 letters, people.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:27:00 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: May 18, 2010, 08:33:58 pm »

Well, the fact that that posting style pisses off the majority of people, and Deathworks is aware of this, yet continues to do it, really makes it quite an antisocial action, certainly tantamount to trolling. Personally, a little part of my soul dies every time I see one of those posts, not to mention the more pragmatic issue of it breaking up the flow of conversation...
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: May 18, 2010, 08:38:43 pm »

Well, Jakkarra used to sign off with "Love, Jakkarra", and people raised a stink about it until Toady told them to shut up.

He has every right to keep on posting the way he does. Personally, I don't find it anywhere near as annoying as people who don't capitalize words, but that's just my Lit Major side speaking.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: May 18, 2010, 08:41:27 pm »

I find it pissing off when people bitch about something so minor.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: May 18, 2010, 08:41:59 pm »

The fact that people have sticks so far up their asses about a posting style really says a lot about a community supposedly as good as this one. Seriously people it's just a way of typing and Toady himself is annoyed more that it annoys people.

And something more on topic, I wish we had a catchall topic for various news subjects or a subfourm. I REALLY don't want to see that shit but I have to if I wanna post at all in GD.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: May 18, 2010, 08:45:11 pm »

Well, the fact that that posting style pisses off the majority of people, and Deathworks is aware of this, yet continues to do it, really makes it quite an antisocial action, certainly tantamount to trolling. Personally, a little part of my soul dies every time I see one of those posts, not to mention the more pragmatic issue of it breaking up the flow of conversation...

Dude, you need to lighten the Hell up.  Deathwork's signing thing kinda pricks at me, but holy shit man.

My mother wants me to get my hair cut like Colin Farrell.  Admittedly, I am tired of looking like a shipwreck survivor, but I don't want to look like I'm trying to look like a movie star, whoever it be.  But my grandmother has been trying to make me cut it for years, and I need to shmooze five thousand dollars out of her on Friday, so these may be my last days of rockstar hair.  It's like saying goodbye to an old friend.  An old, stringy friend that makes me hear hats and stay in the shower for half an hour.

And something more on topic, I wish we had a catchall topic for various news subjects or a subfourm. I REALLY don't want to see that shit but I have to if I wanna post at all in GD.

I talked myself out of making a thread about the primary votes going on today for you.  But while I sympathize with your wish to stay away from news and fightin' words (it's sports with consequences really), I'm not in favor of dicing up the forum any more than it is.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:47:13 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: May 18, 2010, 08:46:39 pm »

Dude, you need to lighten the Hell up.  Deathwork's signing thing kinda pricks at me, but holy shit man.

My mother wants me to get my hair cut like Colin Farrell.  Admittedly, I am tired of looking like a shipwreck survivor, but I don't want to look like I'm trying to look like a movie star, whoever it be.  But my grandmother has been trying to make me cut it for years, and I need to shmooze five thousand dollars out of her on Friday, so these may be my last days of rockstar hair.  It's like saying goodbye to an old friend.  An old, stringy friend that makes me hear hats and stay in the shower for half an hour.

Will you keep the beard, though?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: May 18, 2010, 08:47:15 pm »

People are bitching about a way someone writes his posts? *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: May 18, 2010, 08:47:38 pm »

Screw the haircut I have long hair.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: May 18, 2010, 08:49:40 pm »

the more pragmatic issue of it breaking up the flow of conversation...

This is the real problem, and the solution isn't making deathworks stop.  It's shutting the hell up about it, because it's not a big deal. 
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: May 18, 2010, 08:52:59 pm »

I went to the Dentist today and now my teeth hurt.
Thats pretty obvious.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 8167