Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9492413 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5730 on: May 18, 2010, 06:22:30 am »

Hey, Haspen! I didn't recognise you without a stone face. What's a nice guy like you doing in a thread down here?

Since when I'm considered a nice guy by you? :D

Well, on the internetz it's easy to lie and act like everything is OK in real life, but sometimes, you just have to share your sadness with the whole world :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: May 18, 2010, 06:28:43 am »

I've noticed my typing getting more erratic. Basically, I'm developing a problem where my left hands types faster than my right, which leads to a lot of transposition errors. I think the right hand is beginning to develop carpal tunnel which is what's slowing it down. At least, I hope it's something like that and not something in my brain. I'm terrified of dementia/Alzheimer's/Parkinson's/shit like that. I've always figured I'd kill myself if I came down with a condition like that, rather than slowly lose my mind, and be just aware enough to know that I'm losing it.
Take up smoking to be on the safe side. Nicotine fucks around with your neurochemistry in ways that help prevent the brain damage behind alzheimer's and parkinsons, according to wikipedia's article on the health effects of smoking.

The Moar You Know!
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: May 18, 2010, 06:30:13 am »

Hi~

As much as I love your courtesy, there isn't really any point to signing in and out of a two-sentence post.

Tack.

More importantly it doesn't really make sense in a discussion.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: May 18, 2010, 06:36:10 am »

Hey, Haspen! I didn't recognise you without a stone face. What's a nice guy like you doing in a thread down here?

Since when I'm considered a nice guy by you? :D

Well, on the internetz it's easy to lie and act like everything is OK in real life, but sometimes, you just have to share your sadness with the whole world :P

I dunno. I find that it's probably easier to tell your internets about your lifes bitches than it is to tell people irl.
But that probably applies more in a society where every male is made from granite and Muhhamid Ali.

I just hope that when I get a wife eventually, she understands that she'll always come in... hmm... fifth to me.

Ok, that's callous. Third. If my mates aren't in town.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: May 18, 2010, 06:43:46 am »

I love how we're all giving job advice to a person who, to Americans and Australians, are about as far away from us as you can get XD

In America, we tend to be geo-centric, which is one reason why I like this forum. It gets me back out of this silly land.

From a post somewhere around here, my back-up country is New Zealand, or maybe Australia, if they've been doing good lately.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: May 18, 2010, 06:50:16 am »

I've noticed my typing getting more erratic. Basically, I'm developing a problem where my left hands types faster than my right, which leads to a lot of transposition errors. I think the right hand is beginning to develop carpal tunnel which is what's slowing it down. At least, I hope it's something like that and not something in my brain. I'm terrified of dementia/Alzheimer's/Parkinson's/shit like that. I've always figured I'd kill myself if I came down with a condition like that, rather than slowly lose my mind, and be just aware enough to know that I'm losing it.
Take up smoking to be on the safe side. Nicotine fucks around with your neurochemistry in ways that help prevent the brain damage behind alzheimer's and parkinsons, according to wikipedia's article on the health effects of smoking.

The Moar You Know!

Hmmm...I used to smoke (1992-2000). Maybe that gave me just enough of a protective nicotine coating on my neurons? Cause it's too expensive now to take it up again.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: May 18, 2010, 06:51:16 am »

Hi!

I thought Germany was the most successful country in Europe?

Living off the success of the past.

The system we have right now is outright suicidal:
1. The state provides for people via social security, ensuring that everyone got enough to eat etc.
2. However, if you want to get that support, you have to be willing to take any employment, regardless of pay.
3. If you are employed and get less wage than social security, the state will pay you the rest.

Guess what - the number of people in jobs that can never pay for their food and rent has been steadily going up. And the cheap labor (remember, you don't have to negotiate with your workers, you simply have to order them from the state and they will have to work at the wage and the conditions you dictate) puts pressure on businesses to join the crowd.

However, people receiving so little wages do not pay income tax. Any consumer's taxes are effectively taken from money the state is handing out to them. And taxation on businesses and managers has been getting more and more lenient over time. So, no one is paying taxes, but the state has to pay the wages => the perfect mixture for getting the state getting broke. And just to make sure that things go down the drain, the current government is a coalition involving a party of extremists who think that lowering taxes (especially for the top earners) will make the world good again and fill the state's coffers. And since that party has no other message and the bigger coalition partner does not have the spine to clearly tell them to can it ......

It seems that in Germany, there is the common belief that a work place is a commercial good while in reality, the work force is the good. If a firm hires some people, the firm gets praised for their charity as if they did not make any profit by having people work for them. It is really absurd.

Deathworks

EDIT: For an example of the stupidity of that extremist party, look at our foreign minister: He wanted to get that job for several years before he got it, but somehow, he never found the time to learn even basic English. Yes, he was well-prepared. And he then calls social security a sign of decadence similar to the late Roman empire - while the managers of a bank that had to be bought up by the state get ready to raise their wages significantly...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:53:58 am by Deathworks »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: May 18, 2010, 06:52:02 am »

I love how we're all giving job advice to a person who, to Americans and Australians, are about as far away from us as you can get XD

In America, we tend to be geo-centric, which is one reason why I like this forum. It gets me back out of this silly land.

From a post somewhere around here, my back-up country is New Zealand, or maybe Australia, if they've been doing good lately.

New Zealand did not weather the economic crisis well, I'm afraid to say. Australia was one of the best.

Still, New Zealand's safer and also awesome.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: May 18, 2010, 07:07:39 am »

Hi!

That's a more appropriate length for a formal letter. I also like the paragraphing, because nobody wants a text wall. Other than that, your over-eloquence ticks me in a way I don't quite understand, but could probably compare to when I used words larger than two syllables around my workmates.

Tack.

Australia only did well in the economic crisis because:
A: We had a lot of money sitting around after John Howard's SENSIBLE tax reforms.
B: Kevin Rudd was more than happy to hand it out. Even smarter, he gave more to the stupid people, so it'd go back into the economy quicker.

But now the government is short on cash, so Kevin is bringing in some very NOT SENSIBLE tax reforms to try and cover them. As in - A new 40% tax on all mining industries. Coal, natural gas, lime and rock. And some other things I can't remember, I think.
Whatevs. He wanna try an' pull a robin hood on us, he's going the wrong way about it.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: May 18, 2010, 07:12:10 am »

a party of extremists who think that lowering taxes (especially for the top earners) will make the world good again and fill the state's coffers.

look at our foreign minister: He wanted to get that job for several years before he got it, but somehow, he never found the time to learn even basic English. Yes, he was well-prepared. And he then calls social security a sign of decadence similar to the late Roman empire - while the managers of a bank that had to be bought up by the state get ready to raise their wages significantly...

Ahh. In America, we call those Republicans.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: May 18, 2010, 07:18:36 am »

The Moar You Know!

Hmmm...I used to smoke (1992-2000). Maybe that gave me just enough of a protective nicotine coating on my neurons? Cause it's too expensive now to take it up again.
I was being facetious, even if what I said is true to an extent. Probably not enough to start smoking again, though.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: May 18, 2010, 07:27:17 am »

I've cut my hand (nothing serious) while peeling potatoes for lunch. The cause?

That silly small spider with long, thin, almost non-existant legs. Why I'm not especially scared of spiders, they always manage to startle me. He was sitting at the hand that was holding. And I smakced him with a hand that was holding a knife. Yeah.

Go me :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: May 18, 2010, 07:29:51 am »

No biggy.  One time, I was trying to carve off an errant bit of plastic from a screwdriver handle, and chopped the knife straight into my knuckle.  Then I refused to tell anyone, because I didn't want to look stupid.  It healed up fine, but I've got the crescent scar on my finger where I almost skinned it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: May 18, 2010, 08:02:33 am »

No biggy. One time, I was trying to sharpen a plastic ruler using a table knife I'd stolen from the school kitchen. I had it propped against a windowsill outside the science labs, and was doing a pretty good job of getting an edge on the thing. And then my hand slipped and i had a big fuckoff gash in the top of my finger. From the ruler. So it started pissing blood and I went to go get it bandaged, but I've got a crossed scar on top of my finger now. Half from that, half from me slipping with a pocket knife while I was cutting bailing twine, back towards my hand like a douchebag would. Good placement, ay?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: May 18, 2010, 08:27:22 am »

I have to take my new car back to the dealership already. When I go above 30mph, the front passenger wheel starts to sound like a helicopter rotor, and my steering wheel vibrates so badly it's a bit hard to hold on to.

I have been sold a lemon.  8)
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 8167