Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9493228 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5700 on: May 18, 2010, 03:48:32 am »

Yeah, I thought we didn't have the block function back. Ah well, not like I need it, really.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: May 18, 2010, 03:54:30 am »

Well, good to know I'm not blocked and didn't anger somebody, but I just tried to send a reply again, and I got (User 'Footkerchief' has blocked your personal message.), as if it were an interrupted post.  I'll try sending a PM without the reply function specifically, but this could be a problem.  UDPATE: Nope, still blocked.  The fuck is this about...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: May 18, 2010, 03:58:05 am »

Could be a forum bug.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: May 18, 2010, 04:19:21 am »

Well, good to know I'm not blocked and didn't anger somebody, but I just tried to send a reply again, and I got (User 'Footkerchief' has blocked your personal message.), as if it were an interrupted post.  I'll try sending a PM without the reply function specifically, but this could be a problem.  UDPATE: Nope, still blocked.  The fuck is this about...

Well shit, I just checked my settings and I had set "Receive personal messages from" to "Administrators only".  That's kind of unsettling because I haven't touched those settings in a while, and I've been getting PMs just fine until now.  Anyway, it should work now.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: May 18, 2010, 04:23:17 am »

That's...

I just checked and I had it set to that too, and I'm certain it hasn't been set to that before, not least because I've been talking to Vester recently (but more than a day ago). Could anyone else check to see if they've got the same setting?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: May 18, 2010, 04:25:18 am »

Okay, this is fucking weird.  Foot sent me his message at 10:21:41 pm GMT-6:00, and when I tried to reply like two minutes later, it was blocked.  Right about then, it must have switched everyone to "Administrators Only", because that's what mine just said too.

Toady should definitely know about this.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: May 18, 2010, 04:26:46 am »

Yeah, mine was set to admin only, and I got a pm about two days ago. It's back now
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: May 18, 2010, 04:27:30 am »

Okay, yeah, call in the Toad.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: May 18, 2010, 04:28:45 am »

I just sent Toady a message.  Luckily enough, his account apparently still accepts PMs from all comers.  News should be forthcoming then.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5709 on: May 18, 2010, 04:36:18 am »

Bizarre...  I wonder if it was some kind of automated monthly maintenance.  I haven't touched anything.  I don't know enough about sql to change everything back for everybody, so I'll just have to make an announcement and stick it in the dev log later or something.  It would be bad if this happens every so often.

edit: task log had "Fetch Simple Machines Files" at 11:51, but if it started around 11:21 that wouldn't explain it...  I don't see anything else in there.

edit 2: mine was also changed, but I received a few PMs regarding this incident, so maybe it kicks in selectively or something.  Does anybody know if PMs were actually set to admins only just now or if it has been changed since the upgrade and it only started enforcing it now?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 04:52:00 am by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: May 18, 2010, 04:50:57 am »

Wow that was a really quick response. Either he's in another time zone, or he checks the forums pretty early in the morning.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: May 18, 2010, 04:51:47 am »

Wow. I hope no one tried to PM me in the interim, because if they did, they probably think I hate them now.

This would of course make me sad. I don't like the thought of being hated.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: May 18, 2010, 04:51:58 am »

Toady's sleep schedules are the stuff of legend, because they don't exist.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: May 18, 2010, 05:02:21 am »

No luck, sir. And getting something at employment customs (btw: is that valid name?) for someone without education papers (I'm only after high-school) is almost nigh-impossible (you know that funny circle: No job = no experience. No experience = no job.)

Been there man.  So been there.  I don't suppose going to a different area is a possibility?  That or start a chotsky stand and hope some cheap tourists come around.

Eh. I'm already living in the one of the largest cities of my country. Oh well, gotta try again.

As long as I will find some job before I'm broken, it's kinda okay. And I'm not very sure that a souvenir stand with warehouses, shipyards and refineries in the background would gain attention :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: May 18, 2010, 05:03:46 am »

Hi!

That was "interesting" indeed (I just set my configuration to accept all comers again).

Shades: Thank you for your explanation. I really appreciate that you stated these things. As for my general tone being formal - well, that is kind of what I meant with not being friendly - I am kind of a stiff person (^_^;;

I am just glad you can live with my habit without it making your blood boil -I brought it up because it was mentioned in the rage thread and someone even asked (although not aggressive) about it in the 31.04 thread where such a discussion would have been awfully out of place (after all, we want the bug testing to make progress and not hide the important bug and game play information behind other discussions).

Duke 2.0 and SHADOWdump: Thank you for your kind words and support. I am not really good at handling community discussions, preferring to go for topical ones, so I never really missed being greeted on my return.

I returned in March, I think, as the devlog made my heart burn so strong that I simply could no longer resist and had to start playing DF again (I took a break because I wanted to live a normal life just for a change :) :) :) ).

Footkerchief: I hope we can still get along. I have a lot of respect for all you are doing for the community. Not only are you keeping the bug tracker running smoothly, you are also active in many threads here, helping people with information. I want to use this chance to say "Thank you" to you for making this community so helpful. And I really mean that. So, thank you.

Tack: Oh yes, nostalgic games. I have to admit that all the people mentioning Dungeon Keeper are making me a little bit sad: At the time it was released, I didn't have an IBM compatible of my own, and when I got the IBM compatible, it was no longer in the easily accessible stores. So, at the moment it ranks as a chance missed for me.

Toady One: Thank you for that fast emergency response. You are really giving everything for the people here.

Deathworks
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 8167