Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9493937 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5685 on: May 17, 2010, 10:15:02 pm »

Relax. Knowing his awesome, he'll wake up tomorrow with a full beard.
The time gap ever closes for regrowth. Shouldn't take long; and it usually gets better each reincarnation.

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: May 18, 2010, 02:02:48 am »

In a recent Nostalgia binge I played through Planescape: Torment, Dungeon Keeper 2, and Final Fantasy 7 again, this was good.

However, the gaming high brought on by these caused me to go out and buy Final Fantasy 13.

After investing nearly 30 hours into the game in the hopes it would eventually get better, my patience snapped and I admitted to myself that the game was just terrible in all regards.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: May 18, 2010, 02:16:29 am »

Hi!

It is only a little bit of sadness, but why not share it here.
I am a bit sad that so many people seem to get upset about me starting my posts with a salute and ending them by signing them. I mean, it is not like a 640x400 animated gif in my signature or insulting people with every other word, and still people seem to get really heated up about those two little words in four lines.

For those wondering, the salute is an explicit expression of my respect for the fellow forum-goers. And I also hope that it helps break up my posts a little bit as I tend to be a bit dry at times (I think a few people already crashed into my walls of text :) :) :) :) ). I also hope that the salute makes me come across a bit friendlier as I am not always good at expressing all the support I want to give to people.

The signature is my explicit statement that I wrote the above post and am willing to take full responsibility for my words.

I know that you are not required to do these things, and I would not wish to force other people to do them. These are just things I personally feel important for myself. And all I really hope for is that people just tolerate that little habit of mine.

Thank you for your time.

Deathworks

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: May 18, 2010, 02:21:16 am »

Don't sweat it too much dude. It was because of how polite and respectful you are that I really do respect you. As much as people call me the Prince of Chill, you personify it much better. This makes you a Cool Dude, no matter what others think.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: May 18, 2010, 02:23:15 am »

Holy crap Deathworks is back!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: May 18, 2010, 02:24:48 am »

Apparently he's been back since the latest DF version came out. Speaking of which:

Sorry about not welcoming you back man. For the aforementioned reasons I do respect you a lot. Keep on rocking on.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: May 18, 2010, 02:27:16 am »

Yeah, hope you stick around. Never really got to see a whole lot of what seems to be a charming person.

And I really couldn't seem to find a better way of saying that just then... huh...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: May 18, 2010, 02:32:11 am »

I also hope that the salute makes me come across a bit friendlier as I am not always good at expressing all the support I want to give to people.

To be honest, it mostly makes you come across as robotic.  When you say it in every post, it's meaningless boilerplate.  I'm this close to writing a Greasemonkey script just to trim the fat off your posts.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: May 18, 2010, 02:34:48 am »

You should probably just do it then to prevent animosity if it's annoying you that much.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: May 18, 2010, 02:38:57 am »

I know that you are not required to do these things, and I would not wish to force other people to do them. These are just things I personally feel important for myself. And all I really hope for is that people just tolerate that little habit of mine.

I've not commented on this before because I figured it was just how you are and as you say you rarely are insulting to others here. However, and I can only speak for myself not for why others got/get upset at the signing, to me it seems impersonal, the same way a formal letter does. The 'thank you for your time' for example reminds me of all those letters from 'important' people that get someone else to reply to things, and probably haven't even read your initial comment. Having that same text in your signature would actually seem less impersonal.

I don't expect you to change how you post, and I would never have brought it up if you didn't mention it. As I said it just seems to me to be the way you post. But as you mentioned it I felt I should make my thoughts known.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: May 18, 2010, 02:42:39 am »

Today I normally go to work...
But I didn't...
Cause they dropped me from two days of work...

Today, and Thursday...
Two days of work gone so that means less money...
I could look on the bright side...
More time for DF...
But I would rather be working to earn the coin I need to live...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: May 18, 2010, 02:44:48 am »

Greetings, Mortals!

I felt rather put out today by having the nostalgic feeling of wanting to play a various amount of games, none of which I know are available to me, or work on Windows seven. Obviously this saddens me.

Also, I was kinda saddened at the end of Atonement Alpha. A lot of people died, including me, and in a game with forever-death, that's pretty whatever.

Tack- Swordbro.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: May 18, 2010, 03:38:39 am »

Well, I tried to reply to a Private Message Footkerchief sent me, only to find he has blocked Private Messages from me.

Hey Foot, whatever I did, I'm more than happy to make it up to you.  I thought we were on the same team man.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: May 18, 2010, 03:40:40 am »

Foot, you seem rather aggravated lately, although I might just be imagining it, so Apologies if I am. You're a hoopy frood.

PSEUDO-EDIT: you can block people now? Is that feature back? Good to hear.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: May 18, 2010, 03:46:45 am »

Well, I tried to reply to a Private Message Footkerchief sent me, only to find he has blocked Private Messages from me.

Hey Foot, whatever I did, I'm more than happy to make it up to you.  I thought we were on the same team man.

I don't have anyone blocked.  I don't think we even have the block function anymore.  Maybe my inbox is full or something... I deleted some messages, try sending it again.

Foot, you seem rather aggravated lately, although I might just be imagining it, so Apologies if I am. You're a hoopy frood.

I'm so hip I can't see over my pelvis.  I've been sleeping erratically recently, so that's probably the root cause of any atypical bitchiness.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:49:51 am by Footkerchief »
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 8167