Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9490715 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5475 on: May 14, 2010, 01:46:23 am »

Wouldn't say sad, but rather miffed.

There a freaking mutant spider about the size of my hand hanging out in my room, and it's probably hiding behind my desk. Missed a photo-op to show just how big this beast is. As far as I know, it was attracted to the music playing from my machine, but after noticing it, it ran off.

Now I'll be up all night until I smash the thing.

I don't mind spiders too much, but get in my space, expect to get crushed. The bigger you are, the larger and more creative a weapon I'll use. For this guy, I might have to have a pole with a shoe strapped to it be equipped to keep my distance away from it so it won't jump on me. I've had something like that happen before. Not pleasant. :shudder: Reason for arachnophobia early in my life, until now since I'm more bothered by them. Still not willing to handle one with my hands though. Dead or alive.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 01:48:33 am by Itnetlolor »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: May 14, 2010, 01:53:19 am »

(Slight disadvantage: I'm supposed to take some ballet and/or Indian dancing to improve my grace stat, but that's probably all right)

Really?  Why?

Cuz I'm clumsy, can't balance, and have poor carriage.  Basically, I think it would be cool to add some lady-ishness to my manliness.  Because what's cooler than a chick who can beat the shit out of you with a stick and do Serious Mathematics?  One who also knows how to serve tea, cook tasty things, and make polite conversation.  Part of this is being able to walk like a lady and move gracefully, which currently eludes me.  I'm also working on pitching my voice lower and a bit softer, because I used to sound like somebody's crazy mathematical drill hamster.

In essence, manly is good but butch is bad.  I'm completely disinterested in becoming a super-feminine shrinking violet, but I'm kind of sick of coming off like a guy in a skirt and granny boots.

Instead of ballet, try fencing! It's practically the same, except one involves stabbing.

Though, make sure your instructor focuses on footwork. Seriously, you need to do at least a hundred of each bit of footwork before you can fence competently.

Hmm, maybe.  I might try that on the side, but a bit of dance is probably a good idea for my purposes.  Plus, I'd like to meet some other girls at some point >_>  All the other stuff I'm doing is nearly 100% guys.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: May 14, 2010, 02:06:42 am »

Cuz I'm clumsy, can't balance, and have poor carriage.  Basically, I think it would be cool to add some lady-ishness to my manliness.  Because what's cooler than a chick who can beat the shit out of you with a stick and do Serious Mathematics?  One who also knows how to serve tea, cook tasty things, and make polite conversation.  Part of this is being able to walk like a lady and move gracefully, which currently eludes me.  I'm also working on pitching my voice lower and a bit softer, because I used to sound like somebody's crazy mathematical drill hamster.

In essence, manly is good but butch is bad.  I'm completely disinterested in becoming a super-feminine shrinking violet, but I'm kind of sick of coming off like a guy in a skirt and granny boots.

If you're lucky, you might even get a free cricket and ancestral dragon out of the deal.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: May 14, 2010, 03:20:45 am »

I have absolutely no right to be sad right now. Everything right now should be leading towards me being ecstatic, and yes, I was. I'm free of a lot of burdens I had on me, and I don't have any worries in the world right now. I feel free, genuinely free, for the first time in a very long time. So I don't know why I'm so depressed. Maybe I just am depressed. Or suffering from some strange sort of Stockholm Syndrome.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: May 14, 2010, 06:21:57 am »

Hmm, maybe.  I might try that on the side, but a bit of dance is probably a good idea for my purposes.  Plus, I'd like to meet some other girls at some point >_>  All the other stuff I'm doing is nearly 100% guys.

That's fine--I just scanned "ballet" like it was a dirty word. Entirely my fault, I know.

Mo' on topic: I can't sleep. And this is supposed to be vacation. ANGER.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: May 14, 2010, 08:47:08 am »

I just watched the Iron Giant.
Having already seen it just makes it more sad.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: May 14, 2010, 09:06:12 am »

Why is it that steam never wants to connect for me? Agh.

Also I decided to check back at an old place I would hang out at just to see how things had gone. I was instantly overtaken with an absolutely retarded discussion that made me consider the community dead. God dammit can't people have opinions? I guess not.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 09:12:52 am by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: May 14, 2010, 09:11:19 am »

Why is it that steam never wants to connect for me? Agh.
He must be scared of your beauty or something.

*random flattering spam* :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: May 14, 2010, 12:11:21 pm »

God dammit can't people have opinions? I guess not.

Not if they differ from mine!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5484 on: May 14, 2010, 12:17:56 pm »

Blargh. That damn spider kept me up until 5AM, and I had to bite the bullet and sleep without it killed. Woke up at NOON of all times; and I lost many battles against my unconscious to try and wake up.

I still can't find it, but I think I killed it's sibling. It was smaller than the one I encountered. How the hell does such a huge spider hide so well?

Anyway, thanks to that gorram spider, I missed out on an awesome breakfast and I'm almost in no mood to watch Atlantis's final launch from the space center (2 - 2:30 PM for those that can watch it). I'm still catching it, but I might not have full satisfaction. Grr. Let's just hope my camera has enough power to record it.

On the bright side, at least anytime I'm ungoldy miserable, others (thank God related) get the benefits from the exchange. My misery = Their happiness. At least it's not put to waste on people who would take it for granted.

EDIT:
Atlantis lifts off in 5 minutes as I type.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 01:15:13 pm by Itnetlolor »

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: May 14, 2010, 01:08:52 pm »

I saw someone get called a troll for saying something fairly intelligent that the namecaller simply didn't agree with.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: May 14, 2010, 01:46:49 pm »

i finished the little filing job i was at 5 minutes after the bus home went by. it would be 55 minutes at best before it would come by again. So I decided to hoof it the 6.4km  to home. at the 4km mark i feel my phone vibrate really gently. I take it out of my pocket, 5 missed calls and 1 voice mail message from my wife. I listen to the message first and she is freaking out because the kitchen sink faucet came off and water was spraying everywhere and she was already 20 minutes late getting back to work. I go "oh shit!" and dial her number, but she was quicker and called me first. I pick up:

"WHY WONT YOU PICK UP YOUR PHONE?!"

"BECAUSE IT WASN'T RINGING!" >.<

aura freaks out and recedes when i raise my voice against her, even a little bit (bad previous relationship...). to add to that she is chronically jealous and paranoid that I am cheating on her. this woman means the bloody world to me, i would never cheat on her and now i was faced with the double whammy of raising my voice at her AND not picking up the phone.

thankfully after getting home, she called me from work and we both apologized for raising our voices.

but now the kitchen is a mess, the sink is broken, my feet ache because my legs and shoes suck  and to top it all off, my phone makes me want to raeg!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

edit before posting - the landlord's son and a coworker from the restauraunt downstairs came up and fixed the sink. the extendable faucet's head came unscrewed due to repeated reuglar use.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: May 14, 2010, 02:36:21 pm »

I was disgusted by a miasma lately.

To elaborate, I need only one word.

Biology.

Also, fish.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: May 14, 2010, 02:49:44 pm »

I want to play Mechwarrior 4 online.

My dad, who is our network's admin, won't let me open the necessary ports.

:'(
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: May 14, 2010, 03:27:25 pm »

I want to play DnD online via maptool with a friend of mine. I was planning to play from 5 till 9.
I offered my sister her laptop while asking her if I can get it back at 5 and use it until 9. She got all offended and said "No! It's friday!" >:( Son of a bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 8167