Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9494523 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5355 on: May 09, 2010, 11:16:00 pm »

That terrible sinking feeling-that's you being enlightened
You are enlightened? By time cube? Well then, this "enlightenment" must be cured by magma. Applied directly to whatever unholy abomination of a server hosts that site.
Magma: Apply directly to whatever unholy abomination of a server hosts that site.
Magma: Apply directly to whatever unholy abomination of a server hosts that site.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: May 09, 2010, 11:20:19 pm »

I hope those commercials are gone for good.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: May 09, 2010, 11:21:47 pm »

With that I am 99% certain that the man responsible for timecube is a troll. Maybe an ogre. They are basically trolls on steroids.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: May 09, 2010, 11:23:55 pm »

Ogre's are trolls who make a living off it.

Or they try.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: May 09, 2010, 11:24:45 pm »

Apparently he spoke at MIT.

Presumably they wanted to find out what made him so batshit fucking insane.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: May 09, 2010, 11:42:46 pm »

What the fuck?!
Marmaduke, the movie?! And Marmaduke talks?
>:(

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: May 10, 2010, 12:24:32 am »

So, it seems that I won't have the finances to go to college this fall. Even if I went into crazy student loan debt, I wouldn't be able to attend the first year, let alone the next 3. I was actually planning on taking massive loans but it turns out I can't get enough without dragging my parents into debt which I am not willing to do.

These next few weeks will be basically re-evaluating my life (again!) and trying to find out what I want to do. That's not what is making me sad however, since I'm pretty confident in my ability to stay sane. I'm just sad knowing that my (probably) last chance to be a typical college student is down the drain.

It's been my goal for the past year and a half to get into position to go to Uni and its really hard to have it fall apart at pretty much the last minute.

I've been there, man. And been through it. Worked for 5 years to be able to afford school, and it took that long to realize all the other ways I could have done it. Remember that even if Grants and Loans aren't an option, there are always scholarships, and if you look hard enough for them (a lot of campuses have resources at the Financial Aid office for scholarships) you can pay for your school off of that. It's hard work at times, but it can be done if you've the mind and the drive to do it.

What the fuck?!
"Try being a 200 pound teenage dog, in a radar dish."

LOOK MARMADUKE IS NOW HIP AND IDENTIFIES WITH THE WAY-COOL TEENS OF MODERN TIMES. FO'RIZZLE.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5362 on: May 10, 2010, 12:31:49 am »

What the fuck?!
"Try being a 200 pound teenage dog, in a radar dish."

LOOK MARMADUKE IS NOW HIP AND IDENTIFIES WITH THE WAY-COOL TEENS OF MODERN TIMES. FO'RIZZLE.
Zoinks! Get 'im Scoob!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: May 10, 2010, 12:33:07 am »

Ouch. That actually hurt me.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: May 10, 2010, 01:49:25 am »

So, it seems that I won't have the finances to go to college this fall. Even if I went into crazy student loan debt, I wouldn't be able to attend the first year, let alone the next 3. I was actually planning on taking massive loans but it turns out I can't get enough without dragging my parents into debt which I am not willing to do.

These next few weeks will be basically re-evaluating my life (again!) and trying to find out what I want to do. That's not what is making me sad however, since I'm pretty confident in my ability to stay sane. I'm just sad knowing that my (probably) last chance to be a typical college student is down the drain.

It's been my goal for the past year and a half to get into position to go to Uni and its really hard to have it fall apart at pretty much the last minute.

I've been there, man. And been through it. Worked for 5 years to be able to afford school, and it took that long to realize all the other ways I could have done it. Remember that even if Grants and Loans aren't an option, there are always scholarships, and if you look hard enough for them (a lot of campuses have resources at the Financial Aid office for scholarships) you can pay for your school off of that. It's hard work at times, but it can be done if you've the mind and the drive to do it.
Yes but AFAICT, there are no scholarships for a white male with 2.0 grades. Sigh.

And I'm not saying that it's now impossible to go to Uni, just that I won't have the experience I really wanted. Either because I'm going to have to settle for something less ambitious, or going to have to work a lot harder to pay for it.

Plus this is the second time I have "Failed to launch" and since my mother didn't take it very well the first time, I am really not looking forward to breaking it to her. Add in the fact that I am the most likely person in the entire extended family to be successful in school (saying something), and I am really not looking forward to the next few years.

Plus, all my hopes of an easy social re-integration at college have been dashed. Since all of my friends basically lost touch with me after High School, I've been depending on School to boost start my social life again.

:'(
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 01:59:23 am by Eduren »
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: May 10, 2010, 01:57:13 am »

There might be a second page of timecube.   :o

Oh god.

Gene Ray is Hastur. Hastur. Hastu-
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: May 10, 2010, 01:58:40 am »

There might be a second page of timecube.   :o

Oh god.

Gene Ray is Hastur. Hastur. Hastu-

I WARNED YOU. WAAARNED YOU.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: May 10, 2010, 02:02:44 am »

Sunday night...

Whahh... :<
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: May 10, 2010, 02:05:41 am »

I opened a link to the Time Cube, and I now am convinced that there is a cruel bastard of a God who made one poor unfortunate soul enough of a dumb fuck to write such a travesty.

Good God, my tattered soul.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: May 10, 2010, 02:07:03 am »

I opened a link to the Time Cube, and I now am convinced that there is a cruel bastard of a God who made one poor unfortunate soul enough of a dumb fuck to write such a travesty.

Good God, my tattered soul.

Don't be silly, don't you know that Cube 4x4 voids 1 and God?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 8167