Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9494772 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5310 on: May 09, 2010, 07:54:01 am »

Jackrabbit just posts a lot so he can get quoted by people.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: May 09, 2010, 08:29:40 am »

Does it count as quoting him if you quote someone talking about him?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5312 on: May 09, 2010, 12:17:09 pm »

What's the big deal with Windows 7? I don't see too much appealing about it aside a few more flashy things. Then again, I guess I can see what I can do to install it on a virtual machine or something, check it out without sacrificing my current OS.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: May 09, 2010, 12:29:53 pm »

I would very much like you to cheer up Aqizzar. You're in a university getting an education, and even though you have a self-deprecating leaning towards laziness, you're still achieving stuff and possibly even making a name for yourself.

Things aren't bad Aqizzar, it's all a matter of perspective. You should be easier on yourself.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: May 09, 2010, 01:01:41 pm »

Also to cheer up Aqizzar: You aren't a quadriplegic, you aren't paying out child support to illegitimate children, and you aren't blind.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: May 09, 2010, 01:04:00 pm »

I'm sad that I've managed to spend two days straight sleeping and playing Silent Hunter III.  It's a cool game, and I'll make a thread for discussing it with the other people who've been turned onto it.  But it's a simulation of naval warfare, meaning you spend a lot of time watching the little dot that represents your ship move around on a map.  And that's what I've been doing.  For probably a combined 18 hours or so.

It's fucking Mother's Day weekend, I've got two final exams on Tuesday to study for, and all the personal stuff I've been wanting to do for years percolating just below the surface of my "work-ethic" sense, and I manage to spend an entire weekend literally staring at a map watching a fake boat sail around.  I'm an unrepentant videogamer, but I'm fucking sick of waiting my life away like this for stuff that doesn't matter to anyone anywhere, including myself, when I have so many other things to be doing.

I just keep finding to ways to utterly waste time, doing absolutely nothing for myself except make it that much clearer what a waste of time my life is.  How do I let myself keep doing this?  Why am I always ready and willing to convince myself to do something completely pointless instead of absolutely anything else?

Aqizzar, i am exactly the same.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: May 09, 2010, 01:06:14 pm »

What's the big deal with Windows 7? I don't see too much appealing about it aside a few more flashy things. Then again, I guess I can see what I can do to install it on a virtual machine or something, check it out without sacrificing my current OS.
Its really only a big deal because Microsoft wanted everyone to forget Vista and move on as fast as possible.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: May 09, 2010, 01:08:52 pm »

Its really only a big deal because Microsoft wanted everyone to forget Vista and move on as fast as possible.

And that's a big deal because...?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: May 09, 2010, 01:10:41 pm »

And that's a big deal because...?
It isn't. but thats all the reason i could find by searching.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: May 09, 2010, 06:04:15 pm »

Hairspray is manly?
Are we in the 80s or something?
Can we be? Is that something we, as a society, want?
Yes.  Very yes.
Oh god yes.
The 80s? Has the memory of bell bottoms and afros really dulled that much?
Hair. Spray.
Make.shift.  Flame.Throwers.

The Rolling Stones are still mildly relevant, but still washed up.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: May 09, 2010, 06:16:50 pm »

Hey Aqizzar, the reason I won't shut up about my OP:C is because it's recently given me a center to ground all my other responsibilities in. Seriously, once I managed to get a schedule so I can have planned days to do shit, it spread to other parts of my life. Though OP:C probably won't help you like it's doing me, having something with an ultimatum to center around may help you get off your chair and do the things you actually want to do.

(I treat video games like a drug now, they're fun, but I'd rather have all the benefit of not being addicted to them instead. Money helps)
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: May 09, 2010, 07:36:39 pm »

So, it seems that I won't have the finances to go to college this fall. Even if I went into crazy student loan debt, I wouldn't be able to attend the first year, let alone the next 3. I was actually planning on taking massive loans but it turns out I can't get enough without dragging my parents into debt which I am not willing to do.

These next few weeks will be basically re-evaluating my life (again!) and trying to find out what I want to do. That's not what is making me sad however, since I'm pretty confident in my ability to stay sane. I'm just sad knowing that my (probably) last chance to be a typical college student is down the drain.

It's been my goal for the past year and a half to get into position to go to Uni and its really hard to have it fall apart at pretty much the last minute.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: May 09, 2010, 09:05:26 pm »

It's the only way I can measure my self-worth.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: May 09, 2010, 09:08:51 pm »

It's the only way I can measure my self-worth.
+1 Jackrabbit worth
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: May 09, 2010, 09:10:14 pm »

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ADOBE PREMIER, YOUR BETRAYAL PISSES ME OFF
STOP QUITTING OUT AND NOT RESPONDING AT RANDOM TIMES WHEN I TRY TO FINISH MY MOVIE
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 8168