Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496382 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5130 on: May 05, 2010, 07:59:49 pm »

Don't worry. I mean, you have us! A mob of unwashed addicts of crack turned into blinking numbers and letters!

Yeah, I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: May 05, 2010, 09:17:26 pm »

Yeah, single's getting to me too. Whatever.

More importantly, I can't figure out where everyone is after high school, when not at college (assuming the people go to college)
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: May 05, 2010, 09:23:23 pm »

Well, I never really cared about women. It never really occured to me till now.

I'm gonna die a virgin, aren't I?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: May 05, 2010, 09:29:09 pm »

Hmm, that's a different problem. I tried a bottle of ISA-TEST as part of a workout regime before, and it turned a short bout of apathy into a sparking love-desire.

Do you have less interest in other things?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: May 05, 2010, 09:31:03 pm »

Hell, I'm quite anti-social. I hardly know any girls. If I do, they're either dating someone else or they are someone I've known for so long it would be uncomfortable if I even asked.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: May 05, 2010, 10:15:37 pm »

Holy fuck, new Google layout.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: May 05, 2010, 10:32:17 pm »

Looks the same to me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: May 05, 2010, 10:41:02 pm »

Looks the same to me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: May 05, 2010, 10:41:16 pm »

Looks the same to me.
Search something. The search results page looks different.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: May 05, 2010, 10:41:46 pm »

Yeesh.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: May 05, 2010, 10:46:38 pm »

Wow, that's it? a new column to the side?
Yeesh.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: May 05, 2010, 10:58:41 pm »

I'm single, and have been for... oh, nearing a year now? In ways it's nice, since I'm finding time to finish projects I've had difficulty setting aside time for before, and doing more of the things I've been meaning to do, like backpacking this weekend! Woo hoo! Still, there are definite trade-offs. I've found myself sorely missing the close contact... It's a simple thing, but falling asleep on a futon on the floor is a lot nicer if you've got someone to hold. The roommate continually talking about his boyfriend doesn't really help things either. :/

I think a good lot of people out there are single, quietly waiting for someone to come into their life, or approach them with romantic interest, etc. That rarely happens though... rarer still with guys, since there's a cultural expectation of guys "making the moves". If you want to circumvent the whole silly thing, though, the best thing to do is to build a network of friends... as you go through your day, chat with people, and don't be afraid to let them know what sort of person you are, just as you get to know them. Maybe you'll find someone you have a lot in common with. If you find yourself interested in one of your friends, then approach them about it.

For all the "Friend Zone" stuff that is purported, personal experience says that the best relationships come from preexisting friendships. So yeah, give it time, but make sure you're actively getting to know people too. Otherwise, you'll just do a whole lot of waiting.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 11:08:12 pm by Solifuge »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: May 05, 2010, 11:03:23 pm »

Still nothing.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: May 05, 2010, 11:04:34 pm »

I feel sad because my sibling's vacation is about to start. Now, the tranquil peace and quiet will be disrupted by a buttload of noisy people. I CANT ESCAPE ARGH
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: May 05, 2010, 11:09:40 pm »

I'm single, and have been for... oh, nearing a year now? In ways it's nice, since I'm finding time to finish projects I've had difficulty setting aside time for before, and doing more of the things I've been meaning to do, like backpacking this weekend! Woo hoo! Still, there are definite trade-offs. I've found myself sorely missing the lack of close contact... It's a simple thing, but falling asleep on a futon on the floor is a lot nicer if you've got someone to hold. The roommate continually talking about his boyfriend doesn't really help things either. :/

I think a good lot of people out there are single, quietly waiting for someone to come into their life, or approach them with romantic interest, etc. That rarely happens though... rarer still with guys, since there's a cultural expectation of guys "making the moves". If you want to circumvent the whole silly thing, though, the best thing to do is to build a network of friends... as you go through your day, chat with people, and don't be afraid to let them know what sort of person you are, just as you get to know them. Maybe you'll find someone you have a lot in common with. If you find yourself interested in one of your friends, then approach them about it.

For all the "Friend Zone" stuff that is purported, personal experience says that the best relationships come from preexisting friendships. So yeah, give it time, but make sure you're actively getting to know people too. Otherwise, you'll just do a whole lot of waiting.

I would have to add to that. Don't count out online relationships. having nothing but text or video/speech to communicate and plenty of time on your hands can allow you to really get to know someone and vice versus. Once you're pretty close, consider saving up and making a trip to see the other. You'll either really hit it off or you wont, that's what dating is all about right?
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 8168