Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9498804 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5040 on: May 02, 2010, 09:40:17 pm »

Duke isn't who he says he is.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: May 02, 2010, 09:46:39 pm »

Oh hush you. :P
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: May 02, 2010, 09:57:32 pm »

loosely related. I feel strangely that I enjoy feeling down/sad when I listen to down beat music. Music gets my creative juices flowing and down beat music is especially effective.

Listening to "About her" by Malcolm McLaren
look it up on http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/search/songs/?query=about%20her

10 points if you know what movie its in.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5043 on: May 02, 2010, 10:01:29 pm »

Work was crappy average today.

Misunderstanding instructions given, I accidentally flooded part of the back room with a bunch of oil. Spent 3 of my work hours trying to clean it up. As it turns out, the filter bucket was already full, and I dumped the new oil into the used oil before emptying it. Well, I learned the hard way. Won't make that mistake again.

Upon re-emptying the oil, which is now a mix, it only filled half the capacity it normally did (after I emptied the mix back to the fill line in the fry-bucket). Oops.

Despite having assistance, Tuesday was early this week. :-\

On the bright side, I was wearing my old shoes to work, and they're still amazingly watertight, so no oily feet.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:11:30 pm by Itnetlolor »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: May 02, 2010, 11:01:34 pm »

School starts tomorrow. I would normally be all excited about it, because I love taking classes (and I'm signed up for an awesome acting course as well). However, my work has suddenly decided to be a pain in the ass. My boss was cool with adjusting my workday for my school schedule, and I had been planning accordingly, but I just got a new boss as of tomorrow, and he is expecting me to be there every day of the week despite my classes and my otherwise busy schedule. Also, apparently he was close to firing me because of the car accident which was preventing me from getting to work. As in, had I been out of commission for one more day, I would have been fired.

So yeah, it's pretty much forcing a choice between continuing my education, or continuing to have an income. I was hoping to be over this crap, but it appears as though I'm not. Going to see what I can do about rescheduling, once I can access my school schedule again... maybe try for night and weekend classes, etc.

That's all short-term, though. If the new boss won't flex at all, I'm going to have to start looking for a new job. I know it won't pay as well, which will suck, but I promised my family, and myself, that I wouldn't let my work get in the way of my school again.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: May 03, 2010, 06:25:17 pm »

I inadvertently caused a relationship to end through revealing an indiscretion that involved me.  8/
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: May 03, 2010, 06:43:54 pm »

AP EXAM TOMORROW.
I AM SOMEWHAT SAD.
AS WELL AS SCARED.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: May 03, 2010, 06:57:03 pm »

I fell down 15 or so stairs, head first. It was less painful than I had supposed, but still rather much so.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: May 03, 2010, 08:40:05 pm »

My cold doesnt plug my nostrils anymore (well, almost), but now I am coughing my lungs out.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: May 03, 2010, 08:56:53 pm »

I have two projects and about three weeks' homework for Japanese.
I have two chapters of notes for social studies.
I have a very low C in English.
And I have a relatively easy project for science.
All late assignments that I have to turn in by the end of the week  (Thursday because of the furloughs).

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: May 03, 2010, 09:26:29 pm »

I got a 65 on a history test.

I've been reading Atlas Shrugged, and as if to tell me "You should totally become an objectivist" my teacher says I can't type essays, because some people don't have laptops and it wouldn't be "fair."  Don't punish me because I'm prepared for college.  Punish them because they're unprepared.
Shoes...

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: May 03, 2010, 09:31:27 pm »

My English teacher requires us to type essays.
Except for the roughest of rough drafts, usually those done in class that are only a single page of notebook paper.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: May 03, 2010, 10:32:47 pm »

my teacher says I can't type essays, because some people don't have laptops and it wouldn't be "fair."

Where are you from that the standard of education is this poor?

Where I'm from, handing in a handwritten essay and complaining we had no computer would have gotten us directions to our local library.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: May 03, 2010, 10:48:34 pm »

By that I mean in-class essays.  It's a history test, and history tests apparently require 80% of the grade to be in essay form.  Everyone has laptops, but the teacher still says it's unfair.

The standard, at least in this class, is still pretty bad.  Everyone was complaining about how bad the test was.  One person fails, shame on him, the whole class fails, maybe the grading isn't very good.  We had one hour to do what the teacher claimed should have been three or so pages (Remember, no typing), and half of that was worth 20 (Out of 100) points.  So if you did that half well, but messed up the other half, have fun with your F.  Try again next time.
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: May 04, 2010, 12:03:39 am »

Yeah, we're an all laptop school and we still have to do essays by hand if they're being done in class, in test form.

I'm cool with it myself. Improving my atrocious handwriting and all that.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 8168