Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9498625 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #5010 on: April 30, 2010, 10:56:34 am »

Stressed out lately, more news later, sleep now
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: April 30, 2010, 10:28:31 pm »

Steam being a bitch and spending upwards of like 10 minutes on "Connecting to Steam account" Or "Preparing to Launch"  Derp, well offline mode then.

Steam ALWAYS goes haywire if you have paused downloads... And I still have 7gigs left of redownloading X3:TC...
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5012 on: April 30, 2010, 11:13:54 pm »

Steam being a bitch and spending upwards of like 10 minutes on "Connecting to Steam account" Or "Preparing to Launch"  Derp, well offline mode then.

Steam ALWAYS goes haywire if you have paused downloads... And I still have 7gigs left of redownloading X3:TC...

Just couldn't resist. Still angry with Valve/Steam. Like I said sometime ago, at least there's offline mode, and I was smart enough to install damn-near everything before things got f-ed up. Unfortunately, I can't get the updates to niftier stuff (like recent Portal and such), and I can't multiplay and can't gain achievements. I can still pull them off and log privately, but still.

EDIT:
Just made one more attempt to persuade them into letting me pay them back for the chargeback by any other means. If they're not willing to comply and provide any acceptable alternative that won't make my bank screw me over, paying the bank extra money Valve will be missing, because of past overdrafts; and yes, even the bank agreed with my attempt for alternatives for my sake; then Valve/Steam will have to kiss my ass.

Hell, I even explained the story to them, provided alternatives that could work, and even listed a number of possible negative results that can harm all parties. Primarily in their favorite spot, negative media attention because I made an analogy that what would be done to me would be nearly equivalent to suing a kid that got a 5-finger discount for a handful of items at a dollar store; which, mind you, he was going to pay back within the week. Especially since his parents also freaked out on him. Basically, I also ripped into them how pointless their methods are, how much unnecessary paperwork everybody would have to do, and for what, a few bucks? And if they reeeeally look deep into my words and phrasing, I implied that I know how to make the law sympathize with me, and gain much in return, despite the actions I took to save my ass financially because I thought I was being hacked into at several accounts. I was even being the bigger person and taking responsibility; and making use of that phrase any opportunity I had that would fit well. My honest track records, along with my courtesy for all parties, even sacrificing myself as an option, would be part of my defense. I pray to God something will come out and work for the better for everyone. "With God be for me, what could be against me?", and just for the hell of it, my new year's resolution for 2 years, "I reject your reality, and substitute my own. I know what the fuck I am doing. Just who the hell do you think I am?"
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 01:22:51 am by Itnetlolor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: May 01, 2010, 08:20:18 am »

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own. I know what the fuck I am doing. Just who the hell do you think I am?"

Hehehe, that sounds like a good quote.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5014 on: May 01, 2010, 10:43:45 am »

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own. I know what the fuck I am doing. Just who the hell do you think I am?"
Hehehe, that sounds like a good quote.
Yeah, it's my combination resolution that comes in 3 parts.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own.": Last I heard was from Adam Savage on Mythbusters. Basically, I don't give a crap about that everyone believes, but what I believe is what I go by. My reality (or my way) > the world's reality (or the world's way). To improve my odds and abilities, I must make the world/reality my domain.
"I know what the fuck I am doing.": If not, then what the hell AM I doing? I don't do things without a purpose or without involving it as some sort of backup plan. Within my state of mind/reality, everything is part of a greater plan. I'm just building by my blueprint, even if it's just winging it half the time.
"Just who the hell do you think I am?": Of course, from Gurren Lagaan. It's as the quote is stated. You dare underestimate me or my goal? There's your first mistake. I seek my opponent to become arrogant so I can have an easy jump towards the jugular and take them down in a near-instant. Why near-instant? I want them to feel the sting before they fall to let them know they lost. Plus, last thing I need is someone who doesn't know they lost looming around like a lost soul.

I think I already quoted and explained this before. But yeah, it's been my New Year's resolution for 2 years straight. It changed my attitude and behavior with life. It helped me go from worrying about even the littlest of things with how others think of me to just plain not giving a fuck about it. I've been underestimated and reciprocated such battles (mostly of wits) so many times, I'm actually bored with it. Maybe that's why principalities and powers (beyond nature) are more interesting targets to me lately. Either I defy the odds by outwitting nature/possible gods, or just beating them over the head with it until I get my way. Rather humiliating if a mere mortal can outwit a god/principality/power. I mean, to this day, I have yet to be smited. But maybe mortality is punishment enough.

EDIT:
I just tried playing a game offline through steam, and thanks to it's auto-update despite my disability, I'm now getting the "failed to load platform modules" errors, and now all my games through Steam are worthless. I cannot play them at all. Grr. >:(

They have dropped yet another level on my respect for them.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:54:58 pm by Itnetlolor »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: May 01, 2010, 08:12:22 pm »

My brother's here!
Set entire family stress level to 1,000,000! D:

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: May 01, 2010, 09:24:36 pm »

Today I learnt that no matter how hard you work or how good you get, it doesn't mean dick.

Now I get to look forward to a job where I am carpet. Again.

I'm pretty sure this is a fml moment.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: May 02, 2010, 01:10:25 am »

Some motherfucker on a bike snapped off a Nazi salute as he rode past me today, yelling "Heil!" and looking back over his shoulder to check my reaction as he chortled with his buddies.

I hate young people sometimes.  Don't they have anything better to do?

And yeah, I know I'm one to talk at the age of 20.  I hear I looked world-weary from the moment I was born--not that I mind.  It's just a bit weird when people ask if I'm a professor.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: May 02, 2010, 01:14:49 am »

Don't worry about the young people thing.
I'm five years younger than you and feel the same way.

I hear I looked world-weary from the moment I was born--not that I mind.
Same here, except the exact wording used is that I had the look of an old cynical man.
My dad took an amazing B&W photo of me as a toddler with that look on my face.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: May 02, 2010, 01:18:19 am »

Same here, except the exact wording used is that I had the look of an old cynical man.

Haha, they said I was the spitting image of my (Lutheran minister/missionary) grandfather.  He was 70+ years old at the time >_<
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: May 02, 2010, 02:05:32 am »

Summer is coming, and my stress levels will go up up up, and my happiness will go down down down. I've never liked being around too many people, and my BUTTHUEG family will just make me start a tantrum spiral.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: May 02, 2010, 02:59:42 am »

Haha, they said I was the spitting image of my (Lutheran minister/missionary) grandfather.  He was 70+ years old at the time >_<

And a male...
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: May 02, 2010, 09:33:53 am »

Woo I'm stinky now, time to take a SHA WA.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: May 02, 2010, 09:41:26 am »

SHA WA in the tears of elves friend! :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: May 02, 2010, 09:50:50 am »

My psych groupmates are deadbeats and our group presentation is next friday. Fantastic.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 8168