Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9497701 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4995 on: April 29, 2010, 03:08:52 pm »

Hmm, maybe $25,000

I'm not sure how bankruptcy works, is it backed by the government, or is it some type of credit consolidation you pay off the rest of you life?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: April 29, 2010, 04:44:39 pm »

I wish there was a good job within walking distance. :(
My mom is bumming out because of lack of money. She hasn't been able to work since last April because she was sick and her only source of money is a man who is buying our side yard.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: April 30, 2010, 01:43:22 am »

Hmm, maybe $25,000

I'm not sure how bankruptcy works, is it backed by the government, or is it some type of credit consolidation you pay off the rest of you life?

I'm not sure about anywhere else, might be the same principle, but in Oz, the bank inherits all of your loans and debts, and in return takes all of your money. However, anything you own is still yours. if you've got a house, and it isn't on a mortgage or something, you get to keep it. Also if someone wants to sue you and you've already declared bankrupt, they can't. Because obviously you're broke. In return, you can't take out any loans from any bank for a seven year period.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: April 30, 2010, 01:55:19 am »

Or get certain (most) jobs, or drive your car very often, or leave the country...

My parents fought a woman in a legal case and she ended up declaring bankruptcy, her chance of convincing anyone that she didn't take that money and then refuse to pay it back was so low.

So yeah, we didn't get the money back. It would have payed off the mortgage too...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: April 30, 2010, 02:46:45 am »

This matter is resolved.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 03:54:38 am by WorkerDrone »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: April 30, 2010, 02:47:51 am »

Oh noes.

EDIT: not asking. Sorry about that. Condolences as well, WD.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: April 30, 2010, 02:48:09 am »

Wow. I won't ask what happened, merely offer my condolences.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: April 30, 2010, 02:59:42 am »

My condolences. Stupid advice that you should probably ignore: Don't abandon your ideals because of it, however major an event it is.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: April 30, 2010, 03:01:45 am »

This matter is resolved.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 03:54:27 am by WorkerDrone »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: April 30, 2010, 03:58:40 am »

Nothing I can say here. I've already said it to you.

But I'll put my post here for the show of things.

Just remember that while it hurts to have your trust broken, if they actually give a shit about you, they'll be hurting too. And if they haven't learnt from that, which most people would have, then they aren't worth knowing.

Anyway- To bring some sort of levity to the unimaginable gravitas of the above situation- I've recently started working out again.
Was playing with my tummy fat at work and went 'Huh. I could almost swear there's a fair bit of puppy-fat covering my abs.' *poke, poke* '... Fuck'. So I got home and hopped on the scales, and, sure enough, I've put on weight. And not in a good way. So now I'm going on yet another short exercise binge, which will probably fuck me on the long-term, but who cares, as long as I can get back to my average fitness level. But I should probably make an effort to keep it this time. Meh, whatever. In any case, my muscles feel like I've been shooting myself with a bazooka especially made to fire medicine balls. Except for my abs, which have taken on the consistency of some mushy paste made entirely of goo and pain. Well, if I bring it on myself, I've got no reason to compl stop. I can complain, but I can't stop. I've drawn up a Table. That's a Commitment. That's Tack's Sacred Oath.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 06:37:13 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: April 30, 2010, 06:37:37 am »

Reasonableman has disappeared from both the forums and Steam.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: April 30, 2010, 06:40:20 am »

My computer broke, I have been minus computer for the past 5 days. This is bad, hopefully should get it fixed today though.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: April 30, 2010, 07:32:52 am »

Company mail server started ignoring input from VNC. In middle of reinstalling antivirus. The place is closed. Nobody to restart it. Will have to wait till monday and pray it doesnt fucks up beyond recoverable.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: April 30, 2010, 09:11:06 am »

Anyway- To bring some sort of levity to the unimaginable gravitas of the above situation- I've recently started working out again.
Was playing with my tummy fat at work and went 'Huh. I could almost swear there's a fair bit of puppy-fat covering my abs.' *poke, poke* '... Fuck'. So I got home and hopped on the scales, and, sure enough, I've put on weight. And not in a good way.

If you've been exercising for a while, and are noting that you're still gaining weight, remember a few things about exercise:

1. Your body, by the nature of its design, doesn't like losing weight, since it represents stored energy and better survivability when food is scarce... the possibility of having too much food-energy never really entered into the evolutionary picture before recently in human history.

2. If you are focusing on muscle groups, remember that muscle is m ore dense than adipose tissue (fat) so you can easily gain weight while becomming more healthy.

3. When exercising, your body will automatically amp up your hunger to compensate for the extra energy you're burning. Justkeep your food intake at the same level as it was before, as you increase your physical exercise, and you'll be fine.

4. Keep it reasonable. My cousin destroyed his shoulders pushing his body too hard toward fitness while he taught Martial Arts. You do have physical limits, and can end up pushing your body too hard.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:14:11 am by Solifuge »

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: April 30, 2010, 09:35:54 am »

Yesterday I found out that my little brother had some bagpiping thing at 7:00 where he was going to be judged, and he wanted me to be there. Naturally, I said yes--it was a big deal, and all, and I was proud that he had gotten this far with the sheep's-stomach. I'm at school 'til 5:45, on Thursdays.

Now, I head back to my apartment after school, and start on some Java project. I finish, submit it, and check the website.

Fuck.

Fuck.

We had a final exam that started 45 minutes ago. It's now 6:15. I rush to the exam, walk in cold and ask for a test. The test goes horribly--I couldn't remember several commands, and think I fucked up how private variables work.

The worst part is that I finished at 7:15.

Seven. Freaking. Fifteen.

I'm going to beg my brother's forgiveness this weekend. I know he won't take it poorly, but I still feel like an asshole.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 8168