Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496322 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4965 on: April 29, 2010, 12:05:24 am »

I take it you are a pure mathmatician vector?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: April 29, 2010, 12:05:32 am »

What do you mean by recently? A WWI game made recently? Why is when it was made a factor?
Usually better.
Kinda.

Really?

Really?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: April 29, 2010, 12:07:24 am »

Heh, I saw SOH-CAH-TOA graffitied on the school walls once.
It was accompanied by something referencing sacrifices for the dark gods.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: April 29, 2010, 12:09:47 am »

Bought Dragon Age: Origins recently, after downloading some mods (no visible helmet toggle, and I'm limited to 4 party members?!  This isn't freaken FF6 anymore!) the game was going well.  Then I see they released a new version, 1.03!  After reading up on it, it looked good, so I started downloading.  Played Dragon Age until the download finished, set it to install while I clipped my fingernails and whatnot.  Came back, and started it up again to play.  I couldn't wait to see how less glitchy the game was going to be.
*ahem*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  My game won't start, and the support forums have numurous threads of complaints.  You suck Bioware, you suck beyond all comprehension.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: April 29, 2010, 12:10:21 am »

I take it you are a pure mathmatician vector?

I'm... "a student of pure mathematics."  I'm in no way a mathematician.  I guess you could call me a hopeful, though =)

Hahaha, the outside of the math building here has notes from a cryptology lecture on it.  Apparently the fire/earthquake alarm went off and the professor herded his class outside before resuming his teaching... on the walls themselves.  The chemistry building also has a bunch of linear algebra/ordinary differential equations muck on it, though I think that was caused by students.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: April 29, 2010, 12:13:30 am »

The math students seem to graffiti more than anybody else at my school.
It's weird considering it's a high school that only requires two years of math.
My favourite was when somebody did their geometry homework on the sidewalk/hall floor right outside their class with a red crayon.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: April 29, 2010, 12:14:46 am »

The way I see it, if you do math, you are a mathmatician. Student or professor doesn't matter. The difference is, you want to do it for the rest of your life, making you more of a mathmatician than most.

edit- ninja'd

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: April 29, 2010, 12:21:00 am »

The way I see it, if you do math, you are a mathmatician. Student or professor doesn't matter. The difference is, you want to do it for the rest of your life, making you more of a mathmatician than most.

Ah, I mark the "mathematician" line at someone who has far, far better control over and comprehension of the universe-altering machine than I do.  But yeah, I think I want to do it for the rest of my life.  I have some serious misgivings about my abilities, but it's a dream job.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4973 on: April 29, 2010, 01:20:39 am »

Steam decided to delete my X3:TC data when I turned off "Show myself as offline (Was sleeping)
Valve's being a bunch of dicks. I finally got my response after a couple days of waiting just to see if I can just repay them flat-out, but noooo, they want me to withdraw the chargeback made because I was beyond overdrawn (thanks to their delays in my transactions). If I were to do that, even the banker warned me, the fraud offices would suspect something is wrong and things just won't get pretty.

Like I fear, I do exactly what the instructions are given, I'll be screwed out over a thousand bucks (renewing overdrafts and then charging for time passing and then interest charges, if any); all for just a handful of games, that were on sale, for slightly over a hundred bucks in value. I'm putting a cork in Valve and keeping the games they're "charging" me for, and continue abusing the offline mode.

Honesty sucks; it's a policy that's broken. I don't like the concept of "No good deed goes by unpunished". Only reason I don't act on it immediately is because I want enough evidence collected to justify myself out of Hell for returning favors done to me.

EDIT:
Is it me, or has society devolved to the point of lacking the balls to take responsibility for anything anymore? Valve screwed up as much my bank and I have; I admitted where I went wrong, the bank is sympathetic to my means, and Valve's rules of "help" involve as little involvement and responsibility as possible. It's even written in their support site. Since when have they become such dicks anyway?

EDIT EDIT:
Well, it was a hoot deathmatching and all other online stuff while I was available with you guys, but Valve had other plans.
Message to Valve: ..|.. >:( ..|.. Why not the easy way out? It benefits everyone.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 01:53:03 am by Itnetlolor »

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: April 29, 2010, 02:07:39 am »

Is it me, or has society devolved to the point of lacking the balls to take responsibility for anything anymore? Valve screwed up as much my bank and I have; I admitted where I went wrong, the bank is sympathetic to my means, and Valve's rules of "help" involve as little involvement and responsibility as possible. It's even written in their support site. Since when have they become such dicks anyway?

If you take responsibility people start sueing, to defend against this every major corporation takes the it's nothing to do with us line. Not sure when exactly but it's been a slow change for a while.

Society (and also Janet's sad picture) makes me sad.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: April 29, 2010, 02:36:40 am »

I love this sort of graffiti.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: April 29, 2010, 04:22:38 am »

Hahaha, the outside of the math building here has notes from a cryptology lecture on it.

I remember seeing some chalkboard graffiti around my school tagged "Brnclhof was here".  I may have done it myself, I don't remember.  Bonus points to anyone who gets it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: April 29, 2010, 05:25:16 am »

I put "Life is, in a word, cats" in a few places over the school. They were only rubbed off at the end of the year.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: April 29, 2010, 05:29:20 am »

I remember seeing some chalkboard graffiti around my school tagged "Brnclhof was here".  I may have done it myself, I don't remember.  Bonus points to anyone who gets it.

Makes me sad that you think people wouldn't know that. Although personally I found remembering the actual elements easier than the acronyms things.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: April 29, 2010, 06:09:59 am »

What do you mean by recently? A WWI game made recently? Why is when it was made a factor?
Usually better.
Kinda.

Really?

Really?
Mebbeh.
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 8168