Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495224 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4845 on: April 26, 2010, 10:14:52 am »

I use Axe Essence scented stick, (not the anti-perspirant, the gel stuff), and people really like it, including me. Of course, it's not a spray, so it's not overpowering. I'm under the idea that if one-fifth of your outward senses appear great, you only have to focus on four other ones. Since I look better than average, sound average, feel better than average, and I assume taste average, adding smell at 100% is a nice boost.

On a sad note, my well-toned shoulders are really tight, and I may get a massage for them and my neck. I've never had a professional massage before, so it feels like it's going to be awkward.

I also had a very dirstubing/interesting dream, but probably NSFB12

I don't smoke, but for some reason I miss smoky bars and bowling alleys. Its like playing BF2 on a server with no vehicles, it's just missing that extra part that made it special
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:16:59 am by smigenboger »
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: April 26, 2010, 11:47:49 am »

You guys have reminded me that smoking is utterly verboten across American society.  That means we'll never again see the dramatic ennui of the 1920s-50s, when everybody smoked all the time, with the wisps glinting in the lamplight, and elegant holders and cases abounded.  That makes me sad.

Yes, but that's because we already have France to do it for us.  Seriously, take a trip over there and you'll find that everyone pretty much bleeds ennui.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: April 26, 2010, 11:57:51 am »

Everyone seemed to smoke in Greece, too. Not so bad in Italy
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: April 26, 2010, 01:23:32 pm »

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: April 26, 2010, 01:33:12 pm »

Gene pool needs chlorinating

I love it how the add is bigger than the fail picture.

In other news, it looks like my computer is fucked. Network errors, random freezing, and bluescreens makes me think it's a motherboard issue. It's fine though, it's not as if I needed to work on my showreel, or use the internet to find work. If all goes well I should be able to afford to repair this peice of shit early next year.

It's funny how other people's computers last for years before the crap out, I'm lucky to have mine last one. At the worst possible time too :/

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: April 26, 2010, 01:57:18 pm »

I think America may actually have some of the lowest adult smoking rates in the world. Because in my travel experience, every other fucking nationality on the planet smokes like a chimney. Except maybe some of the sub-Saharan countries where they can't afford cigs. Or upper Scandinavia, because they need full lung capacity when winter comes and they have to outrun polar bears.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4851 on: April 26, 2010, 03:16:24 pm »

Spoiler: Experience rivers... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 03:59:35 pm by Itnetlolor »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: April 26, 2010, 03:46:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

God can be kind of a jackass at times. Omnipotence is boring.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: April 26, 2010, 03:49:56 pm »

Or, you know, realize you had bad luck.
(Sorry if all the God rant was sarcastic and I didn't notice)
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4854 on: April 26, 2010, 04:01:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

God can be kind of a jackass at times. Omnipotence is boring.
I know, but still, does He have to target specific people habitually like a schoolground bully? There have to be bigger losers than me to screw around with, or is my commentary on such incidents just too entertaining for Him?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: April 26, 2010, 04:09:46 pm »

Bleh.  I guess this is finally the point where I declare myself a wreck.  I don't feel like doing anything whatsoever anymore, and I have no future in particular I'm looking forward to.  I'm lonely, but I don't want to talk to people because I'm sick of the constant criticism.  I'm tired of being stared at when I walk around outside.

Can't talk to Rosewood because he hates me.  Can't talk to Thyme because it adds additional stress on her, and I don't want her to give up on her potential sociopathic boyfriend over my problems.  Aspen hates technology and is therefore uncontactable.  I can't tell the other two people I talk to, because we're not that close.

Say what you want about my making excuses to be unhappy, or that the situation is really better than I know.  My spirit's nearly dead. 

On the other hand, I'm at the very bottom of a well, and at this point I just want to find a hole to die in.  I guess I have nothing to lose.  Might as well just find something to do and do it, with no regards to doing it well or how it will improve my future.  I just don't care anymore.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: April 26, 2010, 04:15:13 pm »

NO NO NO NO NO

STOP IT STOP IT STOP DOING THAT
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 04:17:21 pm by ToonyMan »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: April 26, 2010, 04:19:55 pm »

THIS THREAD SHOULDN'T EXIST EXCEPT FOR IT SHOULDN'T

WHY ARE YOU UPSET STOP THAT YOU DON'T WANT THAT YOU MUST GO ON

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: April 26, 2010, 04:33:54 pm »

Mostly, I'm saying "fuck it" and writing a really shitty novel, because I need something to do that I can finish and feel accomplished about.  I feel horrible enough that I can't really read anymore (no patience for the time it takes to process the words), so I figured I'd go back to writing, drawing, something.  I need a chance to do something that I, alone, can control.  No more of this "social give and take" or "mathematical give give give oh god the pain."  So I'm writing a novel.  It will be bad, but I don't care.

The protagonist builds model ships. 

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: April 26, 2010, 04:36:31 pm »

Bleh.  I guess this is finally the point where I declare myself a wreck.  I don't feel like doing anything whatsoever anymore, and I have no future in particular I'm looking forward to.  I'm lonely, but I don't want to talk to people because I'm sick of the constant criticism.  I'm tired of being stared at when I walk around outside.

Can't talk to Rosewood because he hates me.  Can't talk to Thyme because it adds additional stress on her, and I don't want her to give up on her potential sociopathic boyfriend over my problems.  Aspen hates technology and is therefore uncontactable.  I can't tell the other two people I talk to, because we're not that close.

Say what you want about my making excuses to be unhappy, or that the situation is really better than I know.  My spirit's nearly dead. 

On the other hand, I'm at the very bottom of a well, and at this point I just want to find a hole to die in.  I guess I have nothing to lose.  Might as well just find something to do and do it, with no regards to doing it well or how it will improve my future.  I just don't care anymore.

What brought that on?  And... not trying to be a dick here, but did you explicitly mention to your psychologist your reasons for thinking you might have bipolar?
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 8168